Alternative rubbers for H3(boosted)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?24053-Young-Shine-rubber

Here is thread about young shine

I tried a lot of hurricane alternatives, but all are not as good as hurricane, some of them are more durable

I stoped playing hurricane after 10 years because of bubbles, rubber last for 5-10 trainings for me.
Now I play battle 2, not as good topsheet, doesn't bring the ball down on short play, but now rubber lasts 2-3 months for me without bubbles, round 40 trainings for me

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020

I tried a lot of hurricane alternatives, but all are not as good as hurricane, some of them are more durable

I stoped playing hurricane after 10 years because of bubbles, rubber last for 5-10 trainings for me.
Now I play battle 2, not as good topsheet, doesn't bring the ball down on short play, but now rubber lasts 2-3 months for me without bubbles, round 40 trainings for me
What do you mean by bubbles?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019

I switched from Battle 2 prov to 729 Bloom Power 45 deg and found it better personally - spinnier, faster and highly durable. A great and inexpensive alternative to H3 imo....

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
How many times and layers of booster has this rubber had?? ie twice with 2 layers of booster each time.

followed the link and there was chat about using 10 layers of booster !!! Which from what I’ve read about boosting, seems rather excessive!!! Especially if this is the first boosting procedure!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
How many times and layers of booster has this rubber had?? ie twice with 2 layers of booster each time.

followed the link and there was chat about using 10 layers of booster !!! Which from what I’ve read about boosting, seems rather excessive!!! Especially if this is the first boosting procedure!!

2 layers seamoon

In my experience booster is not problem, problem is poor quality, I had some national hurricanes bougt directly from national players and that rubbers lasted over 4-5 months for me, without bubles so obviosly there is quality problem

On picture above there is hurricane neo provincial from prott

10 layers is too much, I think that if you put that king of amount on rubber it will be unplayable, even 3-4 is too much for most of rubbers

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
If you are seeing bubbles, you either boosted it improperly, with too many layers, and/or got a fake rubber.

Where do you buy original rubbers?

How do you explain that chinese players that are not playing in national team also have bubbles constantly? In my country there was a lot of china players below national rank but very good for european standards and from your theory they all had fake rubbers.. do not think so..

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
2 layers seamoon

In my experience booster is not problem, problem is poor quality, I had some national hurricanes bougt directly from national players and that rubbers lasted over 4-5 months for me, without bubles so obviosly there is quality problem

On picture above there is hurricane neo provincial from prott

Neo orange or blue sponge? The provincial versions should be better quality (supposedly) I noticed that a red sheet, orange sponge, NOT BOOSTED, was very fragile, top sheet started to de-bond at the edges when it took a knock, so it is possible that there is a quality issue with the adhesion of the top sheet to the sponge.
I’ve had 4 sheets of H3 Neo Provincial only one had the issue above, but only one sheet was boosted.
H3 Neo Provincial orange sponge 40 degree came from Bribar, it was one of these sheets that de-bonded after I hit the edge of the table.
H3 Neo Provincial orange sponge 37 degree came from DHS - 729 this has also taken a whack with no De-bonding seen.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Kinda weird. These bubbles things did worry me a bit when I decided to boost 1 year ago. Turned out it’s probably rare. I boosted 5 sheets already, 2 commercial, 3 provincial. The provincials all went through at least 1 reboost. Never got things like this. The only problems I’ve seen continuously are: (1) edges are not durable. Topsheets took off from sponges virtually on all of them. But it’s practically not a problem. (2) boosting makes the rubber wear off faster. You see wears on the surface rather fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Kinda weird. These bubbles things did worry me a bit when I decided to boost 1 year ago. Turned out it’s probably rare. I boosted 5 sheets already, 2 commercial, 3 provincial. The provincials all went through at least 1 reboost. Never got things like this. The only problems I’ve seen continuously are: (1) edges are not durable. Topsheets took off from sponges virtually on all of them. But it’s practically not a problem. (2) boosting makes the rubber wear off faster. You see wears on the surface rather fast.

Same here: No bubbles yet on my commercial and provincial H3s. Reboosted two to three times but I only used paraffin/baby oil until now. Topsheets looks like ... after one or two months but still playing good. Will see what happens with Haifu Seamoon on the next sheets.

That's how one of my H3s and a Battle 2 Prov look like after first reboost
h3_b2_1s.jpg

Reactions: Tango K