Donic dotec fastest version

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hey all,

Im interested in the donic dotec blade. However there are 4 off versions: Waldner, Persson, Ovtcharov and carbon. I was wondering if anyone knew which one was the fastest of these, according to the catalogue they should all be equally fast, but due to different Wood compositions i can hardly believe that. Also if you have any experience with the different versions i would love to hear!

With kind regards,
Martijn

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
9D541A4B-CC3C-4DCD-A549-F4BBF1CFD65F.jpg

This is the Adonis chart on the back of the box that my Dotec Applegren Control came in!!
hopefully you’ll be able to read it!!
How fast they actually are is a different question, I hope someone here can let you know how fast theirs are!!

Attachments

• 85F454A8-7422-4975-808B-401246543DB7.jpg
    85F454A8-7422-4975-808B-401246543DB7.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 299
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
The image is too small for me to see what it says sadly. Also i think that only very few people have a dotec blade and can therefore help me, ive honestly never seen anyone else with one.

From the chart top down.
Persson Dotec Off. (Off- to Off+)
Waldner Dotec Carbon. (Off- to Off+)
Ovtcharov Dotec Off. (All+ to Off)
Ovtcharov Dotec All+ (AR to Off-)
Waldner Dotec AR. (AR to Off-)
Ovtcharov Dotec All. (All- to All+)
Appelgren Dotec Control (All- to All+)
WX Dotec. (Def+ to AR)

TT11 rate the Walden Dotec Carbon as OFf+, Persson Dotec Off as Off, and Ovtcharov Dotec Off as Off-

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I have now got 2 of the Appelgren Dotec Blades, these are All- to All+ rated, the sound they make is ‘different’ but the feel and feedback i get is great!!

I prefer All round blades and these fit the bill nicely, my old ‘trusted’ Grubba blade has been put away, and the more recent purchases of other blades with flared handles are ‘waiting’ in the wings for a recall, which is looking unlikely at the moment!!!

The first time I saw someone using a blade with an offset ergonomic handle (way more offset than the Dotec) was back in the early 80’s, and this chap loved it!!

So when I saw the Donic version I bought one on a EJ whim!!! Just to see if they actually felt better in the hand.
I have been pleasantly surprised!!!

The handle felt a little odd at first, but after 1 month of using them, it’s now the regular flared blades that I have that feel strange!!!

I’m not saying the Dotec blades are better, or everyone should use them, far from it.
Some might say they are an ‘acquired taste’!!! But I quite like them!!!

The proof of this is that I bought a second one!!!! This is the only blade, out of about 12 or so blades bought in the past couple of years that I have bought 2 of!!!
The next blade purchase will be another version from the Dotec range!!

Does the handle make any difference ??
Well it’s not going to improve your performance drastically overnight!!!

does the handle suit someone with hand / wrist injuries or issues / arthritis??

I’m not qualified to answer that.

But the version I have is very light, so combined with the ergonomic handle, could be an option, as some members have commented that they prefer light blades because of wrist injury issues.

Now, these types of handles have been around a while, do any top Pro’s use them??? don’t think so!!! :):D

Definitely worth a try, or any blade that has the ‘ergonomic’ type grip.
You would need to use them for a few sessions though, to properly get use to the feel.

How have I been playing with this blade??
Well, fairly good!!! Up until lockdown V2 started here!! Especially with the R48(Bh) / RakzaZ(Fh) set up

not really any good for players that ‘twiddle’ though !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
not really any good for players that ‘twiddle’ though !!!

That's for sure :)

I am asking because I did try it too and didn't find it comfortable, but more like unnatural... (I asked for it from a fellow player, so I didn't have it for long, maybe I should have tried it for longer)

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
That's for sure :)

I am asking because I did try it too and didn't find it comfortable, but more like unnatural... (I asked for it from a fellow player, so I didn't have it for long, maybe I should have tried it for longer)

Well, maybe!!! It does feel strange at first, but for me it didn’t feel wrong!!!:)