Hexer grip/powergrip /sfx + new setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
So currently using stiga energy wood wrb, FH H3 provinicial, BH rakza 7 SOFT. Like it but sometimes abit too slow now that im developing in skill.
New setup same FH, nittaku acoustic wood, BH one of the hexers
Thinking of getting one of those 4 hexer rubbers as my new BH but not sure which one. Likely going with one of the sfx versions. They are both basically the same rubber with diff sponge hardness right ? (grip= 40, power=42.5) as the revspin reviews have the grip with higher over stats on stuff like durability and consistency aswell, they are user reviews so im wondering if its just a variance as a result of that or if theres an actual difference.
Heres the stats for the Grip sfx /10
speed: 8.6
spin: 9.4
control: 9.4
tacky: 1.4
sponge hardness: 1.7
gears: 8.6
consistency: 10
durability: 8.4

Heres the stats for Powergrip SFX
speed= 8.6
spin=9
control=9.1
hardness= 3.9
gears=8.9
consistency=9.5
durability=8.2

The grip sfx is softer than my current BH and the power is harder than my current BH. Also note that the blade im getting is also slightly faster.
What would you guys reccomend for my Bh rubber. skill lvl intermediate ~1100RC

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Those stats are an aggregation of subjective numbers based on disparate user impressions. I don't think they are very reliable for comparing one rubber against another. Change one thing at a time. If you have a new faster blade stick with your current BH rubber and see how it works out. If it doesn't then look at getting something with a harder rubber for more access to speed potential, something in the mid hard range of 47.5 ESN hardness. Fastarc G1, Hexer Powergrip, Vega X will all probably work if you want more speed.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Grip SFX is probably too soft at 40 degree sponge hardness.

PowerGrip SFX at 42.5 hardness is around the same hardness as Rakza 7 Soft

Grip is a little bit harder at 45 degree hardness (medium).

I personally like medium 45 degree sponges on backhand (not too hard not too soft), but 42.5 will probably be the most similar to what you are used too.

Last edited: