Flicking Close High Balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Sometimes, i am too tired or too lazy or even havent any enough time to smash (without much wrist movement) high balls which are close to net. I mean flicking high balls is using wrist to smash high balls that are close to net like using wrist on flick. Is not it good? I think it is so not constant.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Think depend in how high. Think better to try to use the whole forearm a little more if you have the time. Little more power and more safe.

If the ball is not high enough I think it is better to think about placement and setting up for the next ball. But here you probably use a lot of wrist because you have less time but also try to go down low with the body and close to the ball. Also good if you can put elbow in front and use it like resistance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
That would be easily countered by your opponent.
What? Why? This is hitting hard. Both flicking very high balls or smashing cant be defend easily if flicks work. Flicking high balls that are in same level of height of shoulder is so inconsistent.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What? Why? This is hitting hard. Both flicking very high balls or smashing cant be defend easily if flicks work. Flicking high balls that are in same level of height of shoulder is so inconsistent.

Is there any way you can show footage of what you are talking about. I am not sure you would flick a high ball. I kind of thought that a flick was something you do to a low short ball when you are not going to push it. If the ball is high, you can call it what you want, but all you have to do is smack the heck out of it. And the only thing I could see being hard for someone not so experienced is to get your feet in place before you smack the ball.

Matt is going to kill me for posting this ancient video....and most of the Slap Diary epic shots are on longer balls that are a little loose and a little high. But there are a few in there where the ball is high and over the table and Matt still slaps the heck out of the ball:

Reactions: Foxy