Switch to Chinese rubbers?

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I think that is what is happening. I may explain it inaccurately. But since then I distributed, and limited strain of my body. I think that is, or is close to implementing power from the ground. (this takes more time though, I still do quick arm movements if I have not enough time, but its more flat drive than loop)

Power can be generated in differing ways!! Conversion of said power into speed can also be achieved in various ways. Additionally, really good timing, amount of correct contact etc all go towards producing ample ball speed.
you’ve found a way of doing this, and as you’ve said the end result isn’t really noticeable. Sweet!!:eek:

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
H8 is also an excellent rubber, really good spin, slightly tacky. Very nice topspin kick!!
maybe a different choice to start off with Chinese rubbers.
I found it similar to H3 Neo provincial, maybe a bit faster, but I was able to change from the H8 to the H3 Neo provincial without any issues!! ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I think that is what is happening. I may explain it inaccurately. But since then I distributed, and limited strain of my body. I think that is, or is close to implementing power from the ground. (this takes more time though, I still do quick arm movements if I have not enough time, but its more flat drive than loop)

That’s basically all about techniques. You make sure all the joints are coordinated & synced with the ball so power & control is accumulated through the whole body. (It’s also why if you do it correctly, power itself is sometimes control. You can hear this countless times when world class players say they lose control of the rallies in important sets when they get a little passive). It is there regardless of rubbers you use. My techniques come from people who play European rubbers and they say the same thing.

The advantage of H3 at lower level is that it forces you to focus on that a lot more. I switched to H3 when I didn’t have much techniques and it was quite apparent. With Tenergy, I could just slap the wrist here, push the shoulder there, even without a stable base, and it just magically worked without my conscious awareness. I’ve seen a couple of players having no forearm snapping at all and still could get away with it using ESNs. Even bigger error like missing the timing, sometimes it just works ‘cause the rubber needs only to touch the ball to spring all the incoming power back. (In fact it is so big a thing that a lot of Tensor users, including me in the past, never realise that the problem is that they miss the timing, not at all in the stroke itself)

All that was gone with H3. Only a little bit too light on the legs when I hit, the ball lost all the power I swinged into it.

So yes. If you have the guts to improve your techniques first and foremost, there is nothing wrong starting with H3 straightaway. But since we are all recreational, truth is we want to improve techniques just to win another game tomorrow...:cool: (Tomorrow, I mean 19/11/2020)

Last edited:
Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
So yes. If you have the guts to improve your techniques first and foremost, there is nothing wrong starting with H3 straightaway. But since we are all recreational, truth is we want to improve techniques just to win another game tomorrow...:cool: (Tomorrow, I mean 19/11/2020)

Agreed with everything you said. I would say though that the most important thing is to enjoy the thing we do.

I think your statements also says what one of the previous users here said about shooting in raw.

I also do think that there is a reward. It takes more skill to use it properly but it also produces better quality harder for opponents balls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango K