World Cup Commentator

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
interesting ZYU....Are you assuming that there are Covid-related reasons and non-Covid -reasons? Or do you have specific insider information that will back up what you are claiming? I am looking forward to learning from you what these specific reasons are and to see why they are absolutely justifying providing the world with a way less than excellent viewing experience due to inferior commentary.

As a matter of fact, I do have some insider information but there is a reason I don't post all of it on public forums. But setting that aside, you are just coming across as incredibly selfish if you are this outraged over a less than perfect commentator as things slowly get back into the swing of things. Plus, even if it wasn't this guy, people would complain about whatever commentator there is anyways. I'll be looking forward to see how the WTT events do in terms of a polished finished product.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I understand that but you are ignoring the entire point of my post which you replied to. Not feasible right now, for a variety of reasons that are COVID-related and not COVID-related.

interesting ZYU....Are you assuming that there are Covid-related reasons and non-Covid -reasons? Or do you have specific insider information that will back up what you are claiming? I am looking forward to learning from you what these specific reasons are and to see why they are absolutely justifying providing the world with a way less than excellent viewing experience due to inferior commentary.

https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2020-11-17/doc-iiznctke1812374.shtml

两项世界杯赛的举办,标志着国际乒乓球赛事时隔八个月重启。对此刘国梁坦言,疫情期间重启国际乒乓球比赛确实非常不容易,无论办赛还是参赛,都是很大的挑战。

"The successful running of the two World Cups (Men's and Women's) marked the first ITTF events held in 8 months. Liu Guoliang candidly stated it was not easy to restart international competitions, during the pandemic, because of this, both playing in and holding the tournament presented challenges."

Last edited:
If he's Chinese, how come his pronunciation of Chinese names are not on point?
I don't speak Chinese but I believe I know how the names should be pronounced.

For FZD he pronounces dong instead of dtoung,
ML he pronounces Long instead of loung
LGY he pronounces Gao instead of kao.

but at least he pronounces Chen Meng correctly instead of the usual chan mank :D