FZD & ML have WHITE EDGE TAPE

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Where can I get plain white (or any plain color) edge tape like FZD has on his blade ?

I am running out of tape anyway and ideally would like 5mm wide one . I prefer plain one because I always have to
cut them and the sponsors name gets cut in half anyway. (And why display a sponsors name , they never pay me for the
advertising i do for them ;))
Any sources ?

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
That is what I thought first too, then I saw on a close up that the color of the wood is different in the handle and up to where the rubbers start
I just checked, and what you see is the sweat and dirt in handle from use. That's why there's contrast.
You can also barely see the different plies. Like a slightly darker line in the middle.
b8d5682c5c74250b4b4b6e9263bf5bc1.jpg

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I know alot of players think edge tape change how the racket feels when hitting so can imagine that some pros Do not use for that reason. Someone can elaborate on this cause i Do not know why it would.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I know alot of players think edge tape change how the racket feels when hitting so can imagine that some pros Do not use for that reason. Someone can elaborate on this cause i Do not know why it would.

I have heard this too but also have no idea what difference it would make.

The reason that pro, particularly Chinese national players often forego the edge tape is because they are changing rubbers and blades so often, there is no need to "protect the investment" or deal with taking it on and off every few days.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I think Timo Boll mentioned in his vid about how he glues his rubbers that the rubber and sponge can expand fully without edge tape. One of those very subtle differences that can make a significant difference for a pro. But Some pros like himself put edgetape on places where they from earlier experience knows that they've tendency to accidently hit the edge on the table..

Last edited:
Reactions: sampletext
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I have heard this too but also have no idea what difference it would make.

The reason that pro, particularly Chinese national players often forego the edge tape is because they are changing rubbers and blades so often, there is no need to "protect the investment" or deal with taking it on and off every few days.
Cheng Meng puts edge tape on the bottom of the racket like some other pros also do.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I think Timo Boll mentioned in his vid about how he glues his rubbers that the rubber and sponge can expand fully without edge tape. One of those very subtle differences that can make a significant difference for a pro. But Some pros like himself put edgetape on places where they from earlier experience knows that they've tendency to accidently hit the edge on the table..

What I remember him saying is that the added weight and where it is placed changes the feel of the swing. This is what I experience too. I've heard other players mention this as well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Our chinese coach that have been very good say that he thinks it sounds differently if i remember correctly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
It changes the balance of the blade. Even timo mentioned it on his YouTube channel.

Reactions: thomas.pong