This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Even though ML is up 3-0 I worry that a FZD comeback for a 7-game win is inevitable. FZD just never gives ML any breathing room (plus ML just barely won 2 of the first 3 games)

It is quite likely. In the 3rd and 4th game ML barely used his FH attack. He's 32 and his chance of winning rapidly goes down after each game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Even though ML is up 3-0 I worry that a FZD comeback for a 7-game win is inevitable. FZD just never gives ML any breathing room (plus ML just barely won 2 of the first 3 games)
Ok, looks like I was being a doomer :)
I mean obviously it was a possibility, but ML closed it.
Also, what an awesome player Ma Long is.
What awesome players they both are.
Glad ML didn't go title-less this season.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Amazing final between ML and FZD. We are lucky to have witnessed such a high level of play from both players. As others have said, razor thin margin for a 4-1 match. FZD showed in WC final and in this final getting 5-7 points in a row against ML is very possible for him. As such, no lead is safe.

Compared to WC final, ML was placing his BHs more diagonally which largely prevented FZD to switch his BH counter to ML's wide FH. ML's FH also had a bit more power.

FZD doesn't seem to be as troubled by ML's variations. ML needs to play at his peak in order to beat FZD now as FZD now believes he can consistently beat ML.

Will love to see these two in Men's Singles Olympics gold medal match if Tokyo Olympics happen.