Testing Vladimir Samsonov's Table Tennis Bat!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What’s going on guys, last month I set off on my travels to Saarbrucken Table Tennis Club in Germany to hang out with the table tennis icon that is Vladimir Samonsov. While I was there I got the chance to test his personal bat setup. Vladi is simply a legend! A former World Number 1 and alongside his other incredible achievements, he was able to remain inside the World Top 10 rankings for a staggering 15 years straight!

Vladimir uses the Tibhar VS Unlimited blade combined with Tibhar MXP both sides. Enjoy!

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
The pics i saw online especially on ttgearlab's pics show the same core.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ttgearlab.com/2017/03/14/tibhar-vs-unlimited-overview/amp/

The story i heard was that Vladi like the CCA design and then Tibhar modified it for him.

This is true.

When pressed for the difference, an insider mumbled "glueing technique" is "marginally different", resulting in slightly different values for speed and such. Yeah, right.
If you play both with identical weight there is no noticeable difference.

However Vladi did not seem to mind much and continued to use his CCA, then Fortino pro, CCA again...

But professional of him to bring his signature blade to an official promotion appointment ;)

Reactions: thomas.pong