Virtual Reality Table Tennis Game

This user has no status.
My biggest problem with this game was the controllers. You just can't get the same feel as a TT bat with a controller that you hold like a hammer. I tried changing the angle of the bat in VR but you can't get the same feel.
Now, if they developed a wireless controller with feedback that was shaped like a Viscaria - now you are talking.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
Looking forward to more feedback from real life players. We have a bunch already, but more is always nicer.
At the end of the day, the goal is for the game to reach a level where real life serious players can use it for training. Once that happens, that means the sport has been recreated with high fidelity..and thus would stand on its own in the world (just as table tennis in real life does)

I got the Quest 2 a couple of days ago, and love Eleven Table Tennis so far. Great job @carrotstien! One suggestion for the future: Have it so that you can play either 'social' games that don't count towards your rating or rank, and actual rated games. That would make it easy to play people of your same level, and create competition to get the highest rating possible. Maybe this already exists and I just haven't found it yet...

Perhaps also add the option in the future of being able to change rubbers (long pips, anti...). You could use this to create a new revenue stream where you have to pay a couple of dollars to buy a specialty rubber. This would help cover your cost of coding for these different rubbers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
I got the Quest 2 a couple of days ago, and love Eleven Table Tennis so far. Great job @carrotstien! One suggestion for the future: Have it so that you can play either 'social' games that don't count towards your rating or rank, and actual rated games. That would make it easy to play people of your same level, and create competition to get the highest rating possible. Maybe this already exists and I just haven't found it yet...

Perhaps also add the option in the future of being able to change rubbers (long pips, anti...). You could use this to create a new revenue stream where you have to pay a couple of dollars to buy a specialty rubber. This would help cover your cost of coding for these different rubbers.

Pushsmasher, there are options to play ranked, which involve ELO ratings, or unranked, which I think is the social aspect you are referring to. A soon-to-be-released upgrade is also going to allow multiple players at the same table with spectators, and even doubles.

Different rubber characteristics are currently modifiable (things like speed, spin, and throw angle), but things like anti and long pips are not yet available.

Join the discussion group on discord.com - it is a useful and supportive online community to eleven table tennis.

Last edited:
Reactions: PushSmasher
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Hi PushSmasher
You can find info about which adapter is suggested, and where it can be ordered
tiny,cc/11Q2Paddle (replace comma with .)

If you have trouble getting it, and live in the states, I can probably print it out for you and send it over

Got my paddle today, and can't wait to try it with the game. @carrotstien , you have done an amazing job creating this game! Very well done. I would highly recommend it to everyone. Can't wait to try it with the new paddle. Here is a pic of my adaptor...
Quest Handle.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Got my paddle today, and can't wait to try it with the game. @carrotstien , you have done an amazing job creating this game! Very well done. I would highly recommend it to everyone. Can't wait to try it with the new paddle. Here is a pic of my adaptor...
View attachment 22700

Ok, just played with the paddle adaptor for the first time and it is a game changer. Makes the game even more realistic. In real TT, I play long pips on one side and inverted on the other. With this game, and more specifically, with the adaptor, I am able to have 2 different surfaces like real TT and twiddle during the rally.

You can customize the spin, speed, and throw angle of the rubber for each side. Although there are no settings for long pips, I was able to create a anti spin surface on the one side. With the adaptor, I can now twiddle like I do in actual TT, so in my opinion, the paddle adaptor is a MUST if you get this game. It feels very natural despite it's extremely odd appearance with the controller where the blade would normally be. The weight of mine with the overgrip is 205g, which isn't that bad considering...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Ok, just played with the paddle adaptor for the first time and it is a game changer. Makes the game even more realistic. In real TT, I play long pips on one side and inverted on the other. With this game, and more specifically, with the adaptor, I am able to have 2 different surfaces like real TT and twiddle during the rally.

You can customize the spin, speed, and throw angle of the rubber for each side. Although there are no settings for long pips, I was able to create a anti spin surface on the one side. With the adaptor, I can now twiddle like I do in actual TT, so in my opinion, the paddle adaptor is a MUST if you get this game. It feels very natural despite it's extremely odd appearance with the controller where the blade would normally be. The weight of mine with the overgrip is 205g, which isn't that bad considering...

There are some suggestions on the ETT Discord on how to reduce the weight - use AAA batteries with an adapter that fits the controller, and leave the battery cover off. Gets much closer to the typical weight of a real paddle.

Reactions: PushSmasher

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020

How did you make the anti surface? What are the settings?

This user has no status.
How did you make the anti surface? What are the settings?

I only started playing with the settings last night, so I still need to tweak them, but this is what I have so far:
Bounciness - 59
Spin - 70 (Completely off)
Throw Coefficient - .75

I've only experimented so far under 'Legendary' game AI opponent, but he doesn't really have a heavy spin serve, so need to experiment with someone that has good serves. It won't be perfect, but good enough... It would be a real easy thing for the game maker to have a long pips option, which would be awesome. If you come up with a better setting for Anti, please let me know.