Fan Zhendong and Ma Long's bat warped?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Saw these screen shots on my feed, and the bats do look warped by Ma Long and Fan Zhendong. Do you have more info on this ?

This is Fan Zhendong's against hugo

fanwarp1.jpgfanwarp2.jpg

Ma Long's bat

malongwarp.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I would like to know what exactly are the layers of FZD's blade and have 100% confirmation is it really a Viscaria with Infinity blade or maybe something else?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
It's pretty hard to judge by the screenshots. But I notice FZD's blade is incredibly thin. Rumour says he's using a Viscaria with a Infinity handle right?

Estimating from two slightly different screenshots I would say that the blade is around 6 mm thick (assuming the rubber is slightly (3.95 mm) below the allowed maximum (4.0 mm). One pixel on the screen makes a lot of difference. Viscaria or not? Maybe, maybe not... No blue ALC visible but also not the typical spruce structure of the Infinity...
FZ_CH2.jpg
FZ_CH1.jpg

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Estimating from two slightly different screenshots I would say that the blade is around 6 mm thick (assuming the rubber is slightly (3.95 mm) below the allowed maximum (4.0 mm). One pixel on the screen makes a lot of difference. Viscaria or not? Maybe, maybe not... No blue ALC visible but also not the typical spruce structure of the Infinity...
View attachment 22504
View attachment 22505

I can see the black/blue carbon layer at the bottom, especially on the right side. It stands out from the rest of the wood.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
All the pics are useless. The thickness of the handle lifts the blades off the table surface and the rest
is trickery of camera and eyes.
The blades have all been measured for being flat by the umpires.

Having said that, one has to spend quite a bit of money to get a blade that actually IS FLAT.
I had to straighten many a blade after putting a straight-edge over it and finding it convex/concave. it is often a time consuming labor.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
How can one say for sure when the data is already distorted? But I do take photographs with good lenses. If you pay a little attention, you may even feel that Hugo’s blade is visibly bigger than Fan’s in the second pic, which is certainly an illution.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I can see the black/blue carbon layer at the bottom, especially on the right side. It stands out from the rest of the wood.

Iffen it would stand out from the wood it would shred their hands in minutes.
Iffen you can """SEE"" it standing out from the wood you should stop smoking that stuff ;););)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Not really, we did see two different colors there, the white wood and the same wood of the blade in the handle region where "allegedly" it was tinted by sweat .

In conclusion, ML and FZD are using warped blades with white edge tape and their hands don't sweat on their handle causing discoloration (like the rest of us common mortals), and FZD is obviously not using a carbon blade (especially not a Viscaria as demonstrated many times before)... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
In conclusion, ML and FZD are using warped blades with white edge tape and their hands don't sweat on their handle causing discoloration (like the rest of us common mortals), and FZD is obviously not using a carbon blade (especially not a Viscaria as demonstrated many times before)... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry, Thomas. Sorry, that I can only give you one "Like", even though that post would deserve several dozen Likes...:)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews

I've learned from a Chinese National Coach that I spoke to via Skype for some 1:1 coaching (lg.gangsta69 is his skype) that the warped blades enable ML and FZD to reach warp speed with their top spins and drives. He did offer to get me warped blade as well, National Edition of course, for a very small fee.