Which all wood is better for looping and topspin???,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I m a cpen player and want to switch from my fang bo carbon to all wood as fang bo blade is lacking control i want. I am looper basically. Forehand topspin is my strong point. I was using fang bo blade with rakza 7 soft forehand and tibhar grass dtechs ox in backhand. Which is the better blade? Tibhar stratus power wood or stiga clipper? One having double limba layer and other having limba ayoush.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
How long have you been playing? From experience lower level players call powerdrive/Power loop looping when in actuality they are driving more than looping. In that case if you are driving more than looping a 7 ply blade will work better than a 5 ply, Not to say that you may be a beginner, fang no shud not be that complicated in control as to other carbon blades as it is a inner carbon blade, I'm not sure which fang no you are using but I believe one is koto and one is limba but both shud feel more like a woody blade on slower plays and speed up on power plays when carbon is activated, the latter being more softer and easier to play with than the koto version. In your case since you are using long pips on BH I think you shud go for a 7 ply blade like the clipper as it is suitable for your needs. As you stated you are a looper and you are planning on using pips on BH, Strat power being mainly for looping as it is a 5 ply meaning more flexible but the pips won't be as effective due to flexibility. Also will you be using RPB with the pips or twiddling? As this can make a difference in blade choice, imo don't see a need to use pips as BH if you Rpb
I.E. not as effective/viable LP more for flat hits and smash and you can't really do that for penhold BH due to the angle, inverted being more effective as you produce more spin and speed and you get more out of the RPB motion, you honestly don't get much from RPB LP and I don't see many people going that way. Would like to know why you are going with LP on backhand rather than Inverted...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Yes u r very right. I cant use LP tht effectively. So i m thinking switching from LP to SP or inverted.
Wht would be better SP or inverted hard rubber like Hurricane 3 neo?

Now which blade should i prefer? Tibhar stratus power wood or Clipper?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Yes u r very right. I cant use LP tht effectively. So i m thinking switching from LP to SP or inverted.
Wht would be better SP or inverted hard rubber like Hurricane 3 neo?

Now which blade should i prefer? Tibhar stratus power wood or Clipper?

That’s for you to decide!!!
See if you can find someone who uses what you wantand ask if you can have a go!!
or buy both!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I have been playing since 7 yrs. I m using RPB with LP as I couldn't develope my backhand. I found RPB with inverted rubber more difficult as i dnt have any coach. Bt i want to change LP now. And want to develope RPB. Planning to have dhs hard rubber for backhand and evolution mx-p in forehand.
After much research i ve come across the fact tht Limba outer ply is flexible and good for looping. Now confused between 2 limba outer layer or single limba and then ayush.
Short listed some blades i.e. stiga clipper, tibhar stratus powe wood, neotec gamma seven...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Avalox bt777 is another option. 7-ply with limba outer and ayous inners. 6.2 mm. It's a middle thing between the PowerWood and the Clipper. Maybe not as good for pips as Clipper, since not as stiff, but it's more stiff than Powerwood.
I find it the easiest to play with personally for my play. And I do loop, drive and smash equally as much. But compared to Clipper, it's more a looping blade.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You are asking something about personal preference that, the only real way to answer is to try different options and see which you like better.

It is a little like asking: "Which flavor of ice cream should I like, chocolate or vanilla?" Nobody can give a good answer for which will work better for you but you.

You can try to come at it logically by trying to understand what different woods are "supposed" to do well. But that does not really give you an answer. Which wood will work better for you actually depends on how you contact the ball and how you feel things in your hand. Nobody but you can tell you how you feel things in your hand. And, likely you don't know exactly how you contact the ball, and definitely, nobody else does unless they watch you play very closely and know what to look for, so nobody on this forum.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Vanilla. I like chocolate, but not in my ice cream.

Clipper is better. The Stratus feels like a flimsy box in comparison.

I would also suggest harder rubbers on the forehand, not the other way around.

But those are my preferences. With all due respect, you shouldn't need to ask this kind of question after playing for 7 years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Vanilla. I like chocolate, but not in my ice cream.

Clipper is better. The Stratus feels like a flimsy box in comparison.

I would also suggest harder rubbers on the forehand, not the other way around.

But those are my preferences. With all due respect, you shouldn't need to ask this kind of question after playing for 7 years.
Just because he has played for 7 years doesn't mean that he's nerded about gear as we have :)

Reactions: lasta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Thanks for pointing it out. I meant no disrespect.

If you want more control and don't mind giving up a little speed, get yourself a Donic Persson Powerplay.

Very thin blade but with a lot of layers packed in. Feels a lot more solid and direct than most 5 plies. Very clear crisp feedback. Feedback and linearity=control for me. I played with that for 2 years when I first tarted getting "serious".

Der-Echte doesn't like people obsessing over gear. But I'm pretty certain he approves the Powerplay with exception.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Thanks for pointing it out. I meant no disrespect.

If you want more control and don't mind giving up a little speed, get yourself a Donic Persson Powerplay.

Very thin blade but with a lot of layers packed in. Feels a lot more solid and direct than most 5 plies. Very clear crisp feedback. Feedback and linearity=control for me.

Der-Echte doesn't like people obsessing over gear. But I'm pretty certain he approves the Powerplay with exception.
that's okay. We're all human beings [emoji1]

PPP is definetly more flexy and more direct with it's koto outer. Was my first blade. Should probably have gotten Something with limba instead [emoji28]