says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
There is “where to watch” link on ittf website if you want to watch on the telly. In the UK it’s FreeSports. Unfortunately, according to their schedule, only semi and final are covered. Eurosport full coverage of ITTF FInals was much better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
No mention of streams in North america. That is strange. I am in Canada. How can I watch?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
Damn, that sucks for us. No free stream anymore??
All we have now is the live scoring & highlights?

I might be a bit lost lol, did everyone know about the changes and I just missed the updates? They changed a bunch of other stuff too from what I saw on the Diaz x Jihee highlights:

- Camera angle is now different, from the side of the table instead of the back (not sure how I feel about that yet)
- Better video quality i guess (although no stream on tv.ittf.com)
- Better commentators in my opinion (relative to t2 and the last events), including the dear creator of this forum
- Best to 5 matches (?!)

What is happening?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
If I'm not mistaken, the big events usually have the TV rights sold and we get f**ked. This one is big $$$$$$$ related, 800k US$ in prizes and the big names so I guess you're right, highlights and live scoring is the only option for some.

But I just checked and the whole thing is live streaming on watchespn site and logging in with the cable TV password worked. About the camera angle it's mostly the upper side but they also do show the 45° so far from what I saw.

They are taking about this new format for a while now, but I think you get to know more if you follow then on Twitter where they're quite active.

And finally, if you check their site you'll see that's gonna be a best of 5, 7 and 9 games with top 4 seeds entering the compositing at quarter finals. Indeed quite odd, but personally I think it's interesting. Check it out the other changes.
7e945c341c5f0abf16bc60c00ff9e34d.jpg
a6712779982910c2ad9fac625377475d.jpg

Enviado de meu Redmi 7A usando o Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: GusShnaps
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
- Camera angle is now different, from the side of the table instead of the back (not sure how I feel about that yet)
I'm very sure what I think of it: absolutely terrible on a variety of levels. You want to track both players movements during a rally? Too bad, they're on the opposite sides of your widescreen display, you can only follow one of the two
cache.php

You want to see the lateral movements of the players? Which is, you know, the most meaningful information you can get during a point, after the ball's trajectory. Well, it is now compressed into 150 pixels on the vertical axis. I can't even tell an easy to counter shot right into someone's bat from a deadly one into their body/elbow until after the fact anymore.

Take this point for example: https://youtu.be/oPCUwYmwCtY?t=83 Why did Adriana play the ball with her bare hand? Turns out she gambled and was ready to counter with forehand and Jeon Jihee played it to the BH corner. The sort of thing that's very obvious from the old camera position. With the new one, well, I can see the ball played vaguely to the BH side. By how much, I can't tell. If it was totally unreachable or reasonably playable, I can't tell, the difference between the two is literally 1 inch of my screen now. Might as well just go all the way and sacrifice the rally's width completely in favor of height/arc. I find all of these a lot more watchable than the Macao's side view:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
I can't imagine the frustration that would be watching a XX ML match with this camera angle.

Enviado de meu Redmi 7A usando o Tapatalk

Last edited:
There are too many issues to count with this side angle

A few interesting and terrible problems include:

1. The effect of sidespin shots would now be along the Z-axis, so basically only be effectively shown by the ball moving INTO or out of the screen, obviously impossible cause our screens are 2 dimensional Lol. Viewers might see a player suddenly scrambling to the opposite side of the table only to miss a shot which turned out to have heavy sidepin, which would look strange and confusing especially for beginners.

2. You often can't see a players serve whatsoever. It's completely blocked by the body, and when it's not, its impossible to tell if the serve is illegal or not.

Reactions: doppelganger_LT