This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I am not finish yet...
The person that suggested this side view angle is getting a big bonus
because they took out the big score table and in a side view angle their are more visible spots for advertising Logo. More money for them to make then better viewing angle for the consumers....

they are able to fill 3 rows of sponsorship logo on top and another on the bottom on the screen
This is just a business to make more $$$$$$$$$$$$

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Same here. I love to watch TT on a bigger TV so I feel like I'm more 'there'. But with the side view, I just can't keep up with the shots. The old angle I felt was great. Also the angle posted by 'bzing' is really good, but some of the angles are really weird, and make it really hard to watch. I also agree the rule changes are unnecessary (full disclosure, I have never ever been a fan of sudden death or the 5 point rule). It feels a little like grasping at straws to make the sport 'cool', but let the sport speak for itself. Table Tennis is a wonderful, wonderful sport, let it do the talking and don't distract with odd angles and confusing rule changes. Is there any way any of this discussion can cause any change? Does anyone on here have any contacts that could get any change? Thanks all, rant over. :D

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
The table does look a dwarfish mock from the apex camera view.
Some foul indignity on the game's reput. [size=+3] ☢ ☠ [/size]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Long time lurker, but my first post.

I would agree with most of what has been said here. Single point games are just wrong. I don't like the five point games, but at least they were used for matches that didn't really matter - they were just deciding the top four seeds. I suppose that had the advantage that fans could see the top players early on. Would the top players play at their best if these were best of 5 eleven-pointers that couldn't see them knocked out of the tournament?

Clearly the over the table view is utterly stupid; it's like watching a late 70s pong-type video game! I don't mind the side view because I tend to watch on my laptop, and we don't have a big telly if I do cast it, so it's easy to see what's going on. But I can see that if you are relatively close to a large screen, this would be like being at a tennis match! I much prefer it to the end of the table view you normally get when you can't see the topspin. Having said that, the 45 degree angle is easily the best, but I'd prefer the camera to be quite a bit lower.

They're definitely doing something right though, because the ball seems so much easier to see; whether that's the grey tables or the lighting I don't know, but it works for me. They seem to be on the right track but I hope they take notice of feedback and improve where they can and ditch what doesn't work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The quarter-final matches have been outstanding and, I think, demonstrate clearly that the regular game format (ie. to 11 points) is far superior to the short game (ie. to 5 points) experiment.

The 5 point games were for seeding the top 4 players - why is this left out whenever we talk about the 5 point games? Does anyone want the top players to expend energy in games to 11? Or we would rather the games not be played than to see them play 5 point games? I liked seeing the games, regardless of the length.

Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I am not finish yet...
because they took out the big score table and in a side view angle their are more visible spots for advertising Logo. More money for them to make then better viewing angle for the consumers....

Dude, bingo. I hadn't even noticed all the advertising and this explain this stupid side angle view.

At first I thought it's just their stupidity, thinking that people want to just look at the table itself and look at the ball as it goes left and right. They don't realize that this is not only annoying, but more importantly you can't even properly see the players executing the stroke if your eyes constantly have to keep chasing the ball left and right on the screen.

But now I understand how far bigger of a scheme these stupid money making vultures are making us the audience a dumb friggin sheeple to be consumed by these greedy vultures and just making money out of it.

That's all they really care about, believe it or not those vultures couldn't care less about the sport, it's all about milking the cattle, that's one of the things that these greedy vultures are really into. They'll never treat us any different other than cattle.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I am not finish yet...

Dude, bingo. I hadn't even noticed all the advertising and this explain this stupid side angle view.

At first I thought it's just their stupidity, thinking that people want to just look at the table itself and look at the ball as it goes left and right. They don't realize that this is not only annoying, but more importantly you can't even properly see the players executing the stroke if your eyes constantly have to keep chasing the ball left and right on the screen.

But now I understand how far bigger of a scheme these stupid money making vultures are making us the audience a dumb friggin sheeple to be consumed by these greedy vultures and just making money out of it.

That's all they really care about, believe it or not those vultures couldn't care less about the sport, it's all about milking the cattle, that's one of the things that these greedy vultures are really into. They'll never treat us any different other than cattle.

I am surprised that you guys seem so genuinely surprised at the concept that sponsors who poured money into an event need to have their advertising visible, and that you seem to think you have revealed some big conspiracy. The side angle received backlash and will likely be changed in future tournaments while still accommodating sponsor visibility. It is the same types of people who also complain when there is a lack of money in the sport and the whole set of problems that brings. It is just fascinating to note how certain people complain about the lack of progress in the sport and then when progress is made, complain about the progress. Perhaps some folks would like to go back to choppy, broken, low quality ITTV and static cameras?

I see little mention about the drastically improved streaming options, video quality, player presentation, etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Complete ignoramuses like you can only ever spit and repeat the same old buzzwords that have been drilled into your head like a knee-jerk reaction whenever a status-quo is being challenged and exposed of what's wrong with whatever aspects of our living organism space that our planet is which also table tennis being part of it.

Just be a good sheeple and don't question anything. What a typical ignoramus example and useful idiots which these vultures on top often thrive on.

Just because it was a poor quality of the video before, doesn't mean that they have to so blatantly twist it upside down and use this opportunity so that just so it happens "now" that they all of sudden give us a better video quality, but at the same time have to squeeze in and chisel away more and more various schemes every time.

And it's not like the video quality couldn't have been improved many years ago. There's a reason they didn't want to do it deliberately, while only withholding the better quality versions of the highlights for very few specific companies that can make lots of money.

If you think this is a way to attract more people into table tennis with all this dumbed-down decision making that is going on with their events then good luck with that. Table tennis is probably one of the only sports that have had such a poor quality for such a long time only up until now with this Macao event.

It is difficult to have a discussion with someone who uses the term "sheeple" unironically, the irony of you saying that someone uses buzzwords is tremendous when your post says a whole lot of nothing with fancy words. At least, in you using the term "sheeple" unironically you spare everyone on the forum any doubt that you are an idiot, though this fact might fly over your head. None of anything you've said in any of your posts gets to the core of the issue of sponsor money, how it enables events like this to happen, and how sponsors need to be compensated. Likely you have no clue how any of the decision making process works and what goes into the end product that you see. Yet you sit around feeling enlightened because you think there is some big conspiracy behind sponsorship of events though you do not elaborate on what exactly the conspiracy is because you are too wrapped up in your victim mentality to realize the benefits afforded by the thing you are bitching about.

Just because it was a poor quality of the video before, doesn't mean that they have to so blatantly twist it upside down and use this opportunity so that just so it happens "now" that they all of sudden give us a better video quality, but at the same time have to squeeze in and chisel away more and more various schemes every time.

More proof that you cannot comprehend a basic concept since you are too wrapped up in your victim mentality. Try again.

And it's not like the video quality couldn't have been improved many years ago. There's a reason they didn't want to do it deliberately, while only withholding the better quality versions of the highlights for very few specific companies that can make lots of money.

Actually the reason to why this didn't happen is not exactly insider knowledge. And you are dead wrong that they withheld it for money. For someone who calls others sheep and ignoramuses etc. it is shocking how little you actually know as has been consistently shown over time. The bzing special, make an assumption based on your conspiracy theory loving and victim mentality, but be dead wrong facts wise. Try again. Since you are so enlightened maybe you can fill in the crowd on what was going on here. I know the answer, do you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Atas Newton
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Complete ignoramuses like you....Just be a good sheeple....What a typical ignoramus example and useful idiots which these vultures.....

I sent you a PM. You know that you can't make personal attacks like these on the forum.