says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The RESTART of table tennis now moves onto the most anticipated event of 2020... World Table Tennis Macao! This tournament will use all the latest World Table Tennis innovations and has a prize pool of $800,000!

Date: 25th-29th November.

Draw - Coming soon

wttmacao2020.jpg

Men's Singles

01) Fan Zhendong
02) Xu Xin
03) Ma Long
04) Lin Gaoyuan
05) Hugo Calderano
06) Lin Yun-Ju
07) Wang Chuqin
08) Jeoung Youngsik
09) Liam Pitchford
10) Jang Woojin
11) Wong Chun Ting
12) Robert Gardos
13) Gustavo Tsuboi
14) Ahmed Saleh
15) TBC
16) TBC

Let us know if you know of anymore players participating..

Women's Singles

01) Sun Yingsha
02) Liu Shiwen
03) Wang Manyu
04) Ding Ning
05) Feng Tianwei
06) Wang Yidi
07) Chen Xingtong
08) Doi Hoi Kem
09) Jeon Jihee
10) Adriana Diaz
11) Lily Zhang
12) TBC
13) TBC
14) TBC
15) TBC
16) TBC

Here we go TTD, lets discuss this new, innovative event.

A fantastic tournament to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions. We can use this topic as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this World Table Tennis event! What are your predictions for the men's and women's singles?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
What I am most excited about is how they capture the event. I heard somewhere that ITTF has a deal with a streaming service or something, which is why the quality and angles of the matches are so awful. I don't know if this is the reason or not, but it does make me hopeful for WTT.

With all the other improvements they are making in order to make table tennis more modern, I find it reasonable to expect a better viewing experience. With this I hope they add more angles, show side views more etc. It is so helpful to see what a professional player's technique looks like in different situations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
The latest list of players has been released. In the men’s single are: Fan Zhendong, the first winner of three consecutive ITTF Men's World Cups and the current world number one; Xu Xin and Ma Long, the world number two and number three players respectively; their national teammates Lin Gaoyuan, Liang Jingkun and Wang Chuqin; Hugo Calderano and Gustavo Tsuboi from Brazil; Lin Yun-Ju from Chinese Taipei; Jeoung Youngsik and Jeon Jihee from South Korea.Top of the list of women’s singles players is Chen Meng, the Dishang 2020 ITTF Women’s World Cup champion who currently holds the top spot in the world rankings. Her main competitors are: national teammates Sun Yingsha, Liu Shiwen, Wang Manyu, Ding Ning, Wang Yidi and Chen Xingtong; Cheng I-Ching from Chinese Taipei; Feng Tianwei from Singapore; and Doo Hoi Kem from Hong Kong.

bernadette szocs is probably there as well as she's in the poster...

https://news.gov.mo/detail/en/N20KSjHaFj?1

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Will the results be included in the rating?

I'm assuming they will. At least based on what the current rating system, this is what will happen. These players selected to participate in these events week after week will just keep solidifying their ranking, even if they keep losing in the 1st round. Players whose rankings are slightly lower are not selected, and therefore will fall farther and farther behind, no matter how much they've improved.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Anybody knows where to watch in the UK, in high quality (not ittf tv). Eurosport doesn’t seem to be showing it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Yikes just 3 days after the grand finals. Not much recovery time for the players.

Probably because it's still in China. All players had to do a 2 week quarantine before the first tournament, so they probably want to keep the tournaments as close together so they can still be in China; thus not having to do a 2 week quarantine again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Why does it seem like the same group of plauyers are playing week after week? Doesn't that make it impossible for any other well-deserved players to catch up in the world rankings?

I think the problem is that they are not doing any Open events right now where anyone reasonably good can join, all the events we are witness right now are exclusive invitation events where basically only top 20 player can attend. And you are right, in the absent of other events, this would make it impossible for lower ranked player to break through the ranking, but that's a side effect of COVID 19 I guess.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
The latest list of players has been released. In the men’s single are: Fan Zhendong, the first winner of three consecutive ITTF Men's World Cups and the current world number one; Xu Xin and Ma Long, the world number two and number three players respectively; their national teammates Lin Gaoyuan, Liang Jingkun and Wang Chuqin; Hugo Calderano and Gustavo Tsuboi from Brazil; Lin Yun-Ju from Chinese Taipei; Jeoung Youngsik and Jeon Jihee from South Korea.Top of the list of women’s singles players is Chen Meng, the Dishang 2020 ITTF Women’s World Cup champion who currently holds the top spot in the world rankings. Her main competitors are: national teammates Sun Yingsha, Liu Shiwen, Wang Manyu, Ding Ning, Wang Yidi and Chen Xingtong; Cheng I-Ching from Chinese Taipei; Feng Tianwei from Singapore; and Doo Hoi Kem from Hong Kong.

bernadette szocs is probably there as well as she's in the poster...

https://news.gov.mo/detail/en/N20KSjHaFj?1

The list of players has changed a bit since then: https://www.ittf.com/2020/11/24/32-stars-lined-wtt-macao/

I'm excited to see so many Chinese players and especially the return of Wang Chuquin and Zhao Zihao who we haven't seen in a while. It'll also be interesting to see what Fang Bo still has in store.

It's too bad Fan Zhendong (personal reasons), Liu Shiwen (injury) and Liang Jingkun (?) won't be attending, as well as Ovtcharov and Japanese players like Harimoto and Mima Ito.

The formula (Top 4 and Battle Rounds) seems interesting, but the different scoring systems from round to round (and the best of 9 sets in the final) seem confusing as hell...

Reactions: balazs1234
This user has no status.
Is there any information if and where it will be streamed live? I didn't find anything.

This is a concern. We don't have any info yet on matches schedule and live streaming platform. It doesn't look like it's going to be live on tv.itt.com - otherwise it would be showing there already.

Does anybody here have a clue?