Back to Forum
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 88 142
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 142 88
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanY
    Best of 5 matches with 5 point games seems to short for the players to get into a rhythm.
    Agreed. And it's less fun for us - the fans.

The Following 4 Users Like Manto76's Post:

Cktenders, PatriciaPinheiro and 2 others

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 744 1,569
    S
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,569 744
    Let's play to 1 - very fast, everyone can win. Completly stupid event, overpaid with sponsors who have no idea what is going on. If there weren't so much money nobody would come.

The Following 5 Users Like Sali's Post:

deams59, Joepole and 3 others

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 235 345
    M
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 345 235

User Info Menu

Dec 2019
    Australia
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sali
    Let's play to 1 - very fast, everyone can win. Completly stupid event, overpaid with sponsors who have no idea what is going on. If there weren't so much money nobody would come.
    I agree I was watching Calderano and Xu Xin last night and my impression was this is the stupidest table tennis concept I have seen in a while, Diamond events look better. Standard matches more entertaining. Japanese team isn't missing anything skipping this event

The Following User Likes MaLin2.0's Post:

thomas.pong

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 137 314
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 314 137
    Quote Originally Posted by Sali
    totally agree this is awful for our sport

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 137 260
    T
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 260 137
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...3f33XrDBm_Q-id
    1080p video on YouTube is not bad for this. The 45 degree camera angle is pretty good, and side view camera is OK for highlights, but I still prefer the 45 degree look for match play.

This has the feel of T2, but the 5-point "battle" format allows for net clips and edges to have too big of an effect upon the games. And this happens quite frequently.

twitch.tv also carries a similar collection of match videos, but in 720p only.

I like Dan's commentary, and Cowan's commentary is decent too, though I have become used to Adam Bobrow's calling of the games and would like to have him back in the saddle.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 74 184
    M
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 184 74
    Black tables!

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 172 220
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 220 172
    Somehow, the court's theme kinda seems like Hell...everything is either reddish-orange or grayish-black

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 45 123
    A
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 123 45
    Fang Bo looks really bored and unmotivated against LYJ. He has won the first game though!
    Last edited by anjoooo; 11-26-2020 at 05:49 AM.

says Dima... Amazing...

Master TTD Member 854 2,176
    says Dima... Amazing...

Master TTD Member 2,176 854

User Info Menu

Fang bo world 250 bt world 6 lin jun yu

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 207 217
    V
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 217 207

User Info Menu

Jul 2015
    Bulgaria
    Read 1 Reviews
    The stream died just before Liam's match

says Dima... Amazing...

Master TTD Member 854 2,176
    says Dima... Amazing...

Master TTD Member 2,176 854

User Info Menu

Ma long chose jeoung youngsik

This user has no status.

TTD Member 7 1
    G
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 7

User Info Menu

Nov 2020
    Andorra
    Read 0 Reviews
    I like the new court design, the black floor, black table with orange edges, the orange ball, and so on. I think these changes are good and make table tennis renewed, more stylish.
    However, I find some new rules confusing and pointless. Best of five, best of seven and best of nine games (final). Games with 5 points, 11 points, 8 points too? Sudden death yes but not in the final game... I think rules have to be clear and don't complicate the game more than necessary. I don't buy these changes.
    Finally, about the camera angle, I think the side angle is interesting for replays and maybe some points. It shows a clear view of the table and allows the spectator to see better some footwork and movements, specially during the short game. I like it but not as the main camera angle. I totally agree with the ones who said that 45° angle is the best, even better than the back angle we're used to watch. It's fantastic. I hope ITTF chooses this 45° angle as the main one and keep this new side angle for replays.

The Following 7 Users Like Gab's Post:

driversbeat, Manto76 and 5 others

says TT-CLOWN, old git

Advanced TTD Member 176 440
    L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Advanced TTD Member 440 176
    Maybe a bit "off-topic" but I wonder if it would be nice , when playing with this new format, players
    could wear individual dress style. They do that in Tennis etc.
    One could get away from emphasizing countries and put more value on the individual players themself.

signed : brake down barriers ! (Just like in John Lennon's "" Imagine"")

The Following User Likes lodro's Post:

Tango K

says feijoada

Advanced TTD Member 164 245
    says feijoada

Advanced TTD Member 245 164

User Info Menu

Feb 2018
    Brazil
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gab
    I like the new court design, the black floor, black table with orange edges, the orange ball, and so on. I think these changes are good and make table tennis renewed, more stylish.
    However, I find some new rules confusing and pointless. Best of five, best of seven and best of nine games (final). Games with 5 points, 11 points, 8 points too? Sudden death yes but not in the final game... I think rules have to be clear and don't complicate the game more than necessary. I don't buy these changes.
    Finally, about the camera angle, I think the side angle is interesting for replays and maybe some points. It shows a clear view of the table and allows the spectator to see better some footwork and movements, specially during the short game. I like it but not as the main camera angle. I totally agree with the ones who said that 45° angle is the best, even better than the back angle we're used to watch. It's fantastic. I hope ITTF chooses this 45° angle as the main one and keep this new side angle for replays.
    Throughout the competition so far I hear the commentators saying many times that this event is sort of a test, see what works and what not for a new era of table tennis. I do hope this is true and they really drop some stuff that seems not to work very well, as you mentioned. For me it does look promising

Enviado de meu Redmi 7A usando o Tapatalk

The Following User Likes PatriciaPinheiro's Post:

thomas.pong

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 236 349
    T
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 349 236

User Info Menu

Jan 2020
    UK
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anjoooo
    Fang Bo looks really bored and unmotivated against LYJ. He has won the first game though!
    Dan’s comment is really good, probably because being an all round player himself. Fang couldn’t cope with Lin’s flick very well so his game resolved around avoiding that flick, so much that he made so many fail serves.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 236 349
    T
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 349 236

User Info Menu

Jan 2020
    UK
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gab
    Games with 5 points, 11 points, 8 points too? Sudden death yes but not in the final game... I think rules have to be clear and don't complicate the game more than necessary. I don't buy these changes.
    I actually quite like those 5 point games. They turn the heat straight on! I know I’m against the crowd here.

I think the problem is 5-sets of 5-points seems too short, and then they still leave towel time in... They probably could make a system like Tennis, like 3 sets of 3 games, 5 points in each game. Or at least 9 sets of 5 instead of 5. But these changes are bigger than they sound, especially regarding the fan’s reactions so I guess they’ll try a lot out over time to see how they work.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 122 416
    B
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 416 122

User Info Menu

Jul 2012
    Great Britain
    Read 0 Reviews
    Dan's commentary is pretty decent, good comments and insights etc. But can someone please tell Dan so that he can tell Jonny Cowan to stop doing all the oooooohhhhhh, aaaaaaahhhh whenever any players start doing looping game away from the table. How friggin annoying does he really not realize what he sounds like whenever he does that? And I think you can imagine what it sounds like.

And what a bunch of idiots (the camera crew I mean) for them thinking there's any benefit to watching the rally from the top view. What kind of morons that they think there is any purpose to top view at all? Watching it from a top view is just simply annoying there's absolutely no need for that angle to be included at all!!!!!!!!

The Following User Likes bzing's Post:

deams59

Last edited by bzing; 11-27-2020 at 12:18 AM.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 106 394
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 394 106
    Loving the commentary from you Dan, so good to hear commentators that know what they are talking about and giving proper analysis! Also very exciting to listen to!
    Just enjoy it!

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 106 394
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 394 106
    Also, this really is the revamp that table tennis needs to make the sport more attractive and appealing! Cant wait to see how it develops and promotes the sport! Great to have it delivered in a professional way
    Just enjoy it!

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 352 354
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 354 352
    Ding Ning will finish this 'international' event having played 0 players outside of China

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast