FX-S vs. Rakza X Soft

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
So how do these 2 compare in terms of surface grip, curve, sound and high end gears?

I'm almost satisfied with FX-S that I play with right now. It's the rubber I've played the best with overall. I especially love looping with it. And that nice clicking sound I get when hitting the sweet spot is addictive and motivating. I also like the curve/throw angle. It's neither too high or too low for me. BUT the surface grip is lacking for underspin serves imo.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Just dig into the rubber a little bit more when serving.
Haha yeah I know. That's also what I'm doing. But that also makes it more dificult to keep the ball low and short. And I wasn't asking for advice on how to improve my technique. There'll always be room for that. But thanks anyways :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
i, myself, do not like the FX-S much. You would need to compress the sponge more for spin. If I would compare teh durability, the FX-S is much more durable than R7 soft. I like the R7 Soft more on spin.
Yeah that's exactly why I don't like it for service. But my looping have become better since I started using it. Exactly because I have to dig more in.
What about RX soft, if you've tried it, is that more durable than R7 soft?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I’ve only tried the regular (not soft Rakza X). Seemed okay, nothing stood out to me. Rakza 7 soft is a little too mushy for me, but I see why people like it.

If you are looking to make more of a brushing contact than the medium-hard topsheet of Rhyzer Pro 45 works well for that.
Cool thanks. I'll look into that rubber :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Now I've read up on it, and I think the 43 would be more suitable for me than 45, but I just read Yogi's review of Rhyzer 48 and 43, and it's mentioned that it's faster than MX-P, which means that it would be a lot faster than FX-S right? Well, I'm not looking for anything faster. I've plenty of speed in my current setup.
I do prefer the combination of using the topsheet and sponge for creating spin. With Golden Tango PS I can do that. And it's not too fast when looping. Has more spin on underspin than FX-S, but still a bit too bouncy for me when doing that as well. And I Wish it was 45 degree instead, so that it would be so direct.
Victas V>11 Extra is slightly easier to produce backspin with, but still slightly too Hard/direct. And it's like it doesn't have any middle gears or something.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Now I've read up on it, and I think the 43 would be more suitable for me than 45, but I just read Yogi's review of Rhyzer 48 and 43, and it's mentioned that it's faster than MX-P, which means that it would be a lot faster than FX-S right? Well, I'm not looking for anything faster. I've plenty of speed in my current setup.
I do prefer the combination of using the topsheet and sponge for creating spin. With Golden Tango PS I can do that. And it's not too fast when looping. Has more spin on underspin than FX-S, but still a bit too bouncy for me when doing that as well. And I Wish it was 45 degree instead, so that it would be so direct.
Victas V>11 Extra is slightly easier to produce backspin with, but still slightly too Hard/direct. And it's like it doesn't have any middle gears or something.

Hi,
I tried both R43 and FXS, mainly on Backhand, and I found that I thought the FXS lacked spin, because of how the BH serves ‘felt’ R43 was similar but a little better.
when I tried FXS on FH side, I remember being a little more consistent when looping because it was slower than the FH rubber I was using at the time (which escapes me now!!!) anyway the ball landed about 250mm to 350mm shorter on the table for a similar stroke played.
You say you’ve tried GTPS, which I tried on BH as a change to the regular GT, I preferred the GT over GTPS , have you tried GT on FH?
Don’t overlook the R48 though despite what you have read. Could be good on the BT550 (if that’s a slower blade)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Hi,
I tried both R43 and FXS, mainly on Backhand, and I found that I thought the FXS lacked spin, because of how the BH serves ‘felt’ R43 was similar but a little better.
when I tried FXS on FH side, I remember being a little more consistent when looping because it was slower than the FH rubber I was using at the time (which escapes me now!!!) anyway the ball landed about 250mm to 350mm shorter on the table for a similar stroke played.
You say you’ve tried GTPS, which I tried on BH as a change to the regular GT, I preferred the GT over GTPS , have you tried GT on FH?
Don’t overlook the R48 though despite what you have read. Could be good on the BT550 (if that’s a slower blade)
250-350 mm shorter than R43?

I'm not into harder rubbers/sponges. 40-45 degrees is what I prefer right now. Around 47,5 is okay, but not really me.

I Don't have a bt550 these days, but I do have a bt555 that is just as slow as the one I had in the past. The bt555 I had back then was significantly faster (heavier) though.
On my bt555 I have mounted the V11E and GTPS for now. It's ok, but still prefer softer. But I don't really play with that setup anyway.

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Regular Rhyzer (not pro) has a very soft and bouncy topsheet. Rhyzer 43 plays like a much faster version of FX-P. (High throw, easy to create topspin without a lot of impact, but really bouncy and not linear).

Rhyzer Pro 45 is totally different. Plays very similar to Rhyzer Pro 50. Very linear, not bouncy (because of the medium hard topsheet). Requires either hard impact or brushing contact for good topspin. Great control when serving and pushing due to the lack of bounciness. Plays likes it’s a 48 degree rubber (at least). Faster than Rhyzer 43 and R48 on very hard impact shots but slower on medium impact shots. Less forgiveness than 43 and 48 if stroke timing is poor, but rewards with more spin on quality strokes. Lower throw angle than 43 and 48, but higher than 50. Grabs the ball better than 43 and 48 when using a thin brushing contact.

Have you tried Golden Tango PS? That’s a semi tacky rubber with a 50 degree sponge. Totally different category of rubber. Nothing like FX-S.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Regular Rhyzer (not pro) has a very soft and bouncy topsheet. Rhyzer 43 plays like a much faster version of FX-P. (High throw, easy to create topspin without a lot of impact, but really bouncy and not linear).

Rhyzer Pro 45 is totally different. Plays very similar to Rhyzer Pro 50. Very linear, not bouncy (because of the medium hard topsheet). Requires either hard impact or brushing contact for good topspin. Great control when serving and pushing due to the lack of bounciness. Plays likes it’s a 48 degree rubber (at least). Faster than Rhyzer 43 and R48 on very hard impact shots but slower on medium impact shots. Less forgiveness than 43 and 48 if stroke timing is poor, but rewards with more spin on quality strokes. Lower throw angle than 43 and 48, but higher than 50. Grabs the ball better than 43 and 48 when using a thin brushing contact.

Have you tried Golden Tango PS? That’s a semi tacky rubber with a 50 degree sponge. Totally different category of rubber. Nothing like FX-S.
Aah okay, then R45 Pro could be an option.
Yes I've tried Golden Tango PS. Already mentioned it a couple of times in this in thread ;)