H3Neo or sanwei target national

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I tried boosting my h3neo and the topsheet got very messy and it cant be cleaned and I am considering buying a new rubber, what are the differences between the sanwei target national and h3neo, I also have access to the blue sponge version of the target national, the provincial version and a special black sponge from germany collab with pingpangwang, and other chinese brand like haifu and others. Or any other h3neo alike rubber. Boosting isnt a very viable option for me but if it necessary it can be considered
Haifu shark 3?
I consider myself as a begginer player.
blade:fang bo 2 x

Last edited:
Sanwei Target National(STN) vs H3NEO (provincial, orange sponge, no booster):
- speed: STN > H3NEO. The pores in the sponge are bigger, it's more bouncy.
- spin: STN << H3NEO
- tackyness: STN << H3NEO
- quality: STN < H3NEO (the sponge of STN is very brittle, be careful)

Overall, I would buy provincial version of H3NEO any day, it's just better, especially with booster.

I now play with unboosted 729 Battle II (old version) and the sponge is amazing, but spin is the same or may be even less than STN. I have a new package of 729 Battle II Provincial Gold version (purple sponge), still not tried it because I kinda still can play with the old one. But people say that it's spinny and almost as good as H3NEO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Sanwei Target National(STN) vs H3NEO (provincial, orange sponge, no booster):
- speed: STN > H3NEO. The pores in the sponge are bigger, it's more bouncy.
- spin: STN << H3NEO
- tackyness: STN << H3NEO
- quality: STN < H3NEO (the sponge of STN is very brittle, be careful)

Overall, I would buy provincial version of H3NEO any day, it's just better, especially with booster.

I now play with unboosted 729 Battle II (old version) and the sponge is amazing, but spin is the same or may be even less than STN. I have a new package of 729 Battle II Provincial Gold version (purple sponge), still not tried it because I kinda still can play with the old one. But people say that it's spinny and almost as good as H3NEO.
I am also considering battle 2 the online shop they have 4 different versions of it, a battle 2 provincial (it says provincial team at the package), gold version also provincial, and 2 versions collab with pingpangwang, a blue sponge and a orange sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Comparing with 729 battle 2 gold edition?

Comparing with all rubbers mentioned here.

I've used Hurricane 3 Neo, Battle 2, Battle 2 prove orange, Battle 2 gold, Jupiter 2. All of them are better but harder to use than Sanwei Target 90. Judge your own skill. What is wrong with the Hurricane 3 Neo you already use?

Spin potential for me:
Sanwei Target 90 < Hurricane 3 Commercial < Jupiter 2 <= Battle 2 prov= Hurricane 3 prov < Battle 2 Gold << Hurricane 3 National
I constantly argue with one of the forum users about the Battle 2 Prov gold and Hurricane 3 prov. Difference is not big, but I can feel it rather clearly. I would place personally Battle 2 prov and Hurricane 3 on similar level, while Battle 2 prov marginally smaller spin potential, but it is easier to use. Sanwei Target 90 is easier to get spin out of.

Problem I have with Hurricane 3 levels is that you have big difference between Commercial nad Provincial, but smaller one between prov and national.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
You have to ask yourself what you want from the rubber. Do you want speed? Control? Spin?

In short, the only rubber that has more spin than H3 is TG2.

If you want spin, go for H3. If you want control, go for STN it has better feel and control. If you want speed, just go for an ESN rubber.

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Yogi,

How do you feel the Loki rubbers you tested compare to H3 Neo Prov and the STN, I’ve practiced for about 6 hrs with the Arthur rubbers and they are shaping up very nicely!! The H3 Neo has better spin but the Arthur rubbers aren’t far behind!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
You have to ask yourself what you want from the rubber. Do you want speed? Control? Spin?

In short, the only rubber that has more spin than H3 is TG2.

If you want spin, go for H3. If you want control, go for STN it has better feel and control. If you want speed, just go for an ESN rubber.

I might go even further. Some of the rubber proposed here are 10-20$. I would consider them somewhat disposable. 10$ is not that much, at least in the economy where I live, I spent twice as much per week driving to the training sessions. If you want to try a rubber in that price range why not just go for it. If in your economy it is not considered that ignore those two sentences.

If you want the best bang for your buck, Yinhe Jupiter 2. For the price of 10$, it is super hard to get a better tacky rubber. I would still take off factory tuning and add some seamoon, but that is me. It is much more consistent than commercial H3, cheaper or same price. Beware of the factory glue though, it is very sticky stuff.

If you just want to spend money once and just play with whatever best there is, I would go for Hurricane 3 Provincial. It is a staple for a reason.

I've settled with Battle 2 as many here did, but I did spend some money trying few other rubbers until I reached the place where I am at the moment. If you want to try stuff, there is nothing to be ashamed of. There is plenty of options to chose from as discussed in this topic. Ones you might be interested would be Sanwei Target, 729 Bloom Power and Battle 2, Xiom Vega China (sweet rubber, although demanding a bit), Yinhe Jupiter 2, the new more expensive Jupiters, and probably few others I can't type from the top of my head.

If you just want to play I suggest considering two options presented. They are very much critically acclaimed in the community and that is for a reason.

Yogi,

How do you feel the Loki rubbers you tested compare to H3 Neo Prov and the STN, I’ve practiced for about 6 hrs with the Arthur rubbers and they are shaping up very nicely!! The H3 Neo has better spin but the Arthur rubbers aren’t far behind!!

To be honest the Loki Rxton 5 felt like a 38 degree h3 neo but has better quality. The H3 neo packs more spin by a small margin but Rxton 5 was easier to handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
The truth is that I don't want to change a rubber for at least 6 months of use, so I have to make a strong decision

If you play 1-2 sessions a week, a Provincial H3 can last approximately 6 months. I assume you will buy the Neo version which is of better quality.

You only need boosting at the start and every 3 months after.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
If you play 1-2 sessions a week, a Provincial H3 can last approximately 6 months. I assume you will buy the Neo version which is of better quality.

You only need boosting at the start and every 3 months after.

Seamoon does not last that long. If you use Falco Long that part of "3 months" is true.