Loudest inverted rubber?

This user has no status.
Which inverted rubber makes the loudest click sound ala speedglue era?
I use the sound to adjust my technique.

I've heard of Stiga calibra lt sound... but I'm thinking there has to be something newer to the market that meets my requests.
The loudest/nicest sound Ive come across so far is the Donic bluefire M2.

Anyone with some suggestions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
People use sound to adjust their technique? Lol
Yes, sound of how you hit the ball can be quite revealing. Like that cracking sound when someone is smashing more than looping. Or when it's a softer sound, it's more a loop than a smash. The softer the sound, the slower and more spin. Etc.

When you loop with a softer speedglue effect rubber and get that clicking sound, you know that you hit the ball in the proper way and place on the racket. When you get used to that, you'll automatically try to reach that satisfying 'pop' sound when looping. For some in can be a motivation to try and put more power in the shot. It can actually be quite addictive.

Some years ago I think someone mentioned that some pros also listens to the ball for how much spin it has, if I remember correctly.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Reactions: Lukas Oja
This user has no status.
Yes, sound of how you hit the ball can be quite revealing. Like that cracking sound when someone is smashing more than looping. Or when it's a softer sound, it's more a loop than a smash. The softer the sound, the slower and more spin. Etc.

When you loop with a softer speedglue effect rubber and get that clicking sound, you know that you hit the ball in the proper way and place on the racket. When you get used to that, you'll automatically try to reach that satisfying 'pop' sound when looping. For some in can be a motivation to try and put more power in the shot. It can actually be quite addictive.

Some years ago I think someone mentioned that some pros also listens to the ball for how much spin it has, if I remember correctly.

Yes timo boll for example.... how about "loling" that vik2000 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: nymose
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Calibra LT Sound is really really loud.

Ofcourse you do listen to the sound to figure out the opponent’s contact. You don’t need to be “pro” to do that. (Maybe the opposite. Pros play in big venues all the time. I don’t know!) Almost all of us actually do that but maybe unaware. During noisy club hours, my ball participation reduces drastically eventhough I’m not really concerned about the noises consciously. I observe similarity in other club players as well.

Reactions: nymose
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Calibra LT Sound is really really loud.

Ofcourse you do listen to the sound to figure out the opponent’s contact. You don’t need to be “pro” to do that. (Maybe the opposite. Pros play in big venues all the time. I don’t know!) Almost all of us actually do that but maybe unaware. During noisy club hours, my ball participation reduces drastically eventhough I’m not really concerned about the noises consciously. I observe similarity in other club players as well.
It's a subconsious thing yes :)

This user has no status.
I love the sound when you hit with rubbers like Sinus Sound and Calibra LT Sound. I used both those rubbers for over a year, but ultimately changed to Calibra LT, as I found I lost too much power with the 'Sound' rubbers. Besides the great sound, I especially liked them for flat hitting and blocking, but being soft rubbers, you lose power compared to some other options. That's why I ended up with Calibra LT, a medium hard rubber.

This user has no status.
The Sound effects are just for fun. They are the end results of having a very soft sponge and does not add much to your game.

I agree. Having said that, I was surprised how many opponents would become somewhat intimidated by the noise, especially if you smash a lot. The loud sound gives the impression the hits are faster than they actually are.

Last edited:
I agree. Having said that, I was surprised how many opponents would become somewhat intimidated by the noise, especially if you smash a lot. The loud sound gives the impression the hits are faster than they actually are.
I have to admit that it sounds pleasant if you are the one using it hehhee.

Reactions: PushSmasher
says Ballin
I played a Skyline 3-60 a year ago on my FH. As soon as I started playing the shots a little more forward, the thing made crashing sounds. I checked if my gluejob was bad but everything was ok.
I think the Sound got quite a big psychlogical effect because it makes your shots feel more dramatic.