Anyone know this guy - Juan Manuel (Lima, Peru)

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Hello,

Does anyone know this guy Juan Manuel from Lima, Peru?

Instagram as juanma_flashpoint

email ID goes as [email protected]

phone number (+51) 981 135 171

I have so many whatsapp conversations with him and he has failed a deal trade. If anyone can help that would be nice.

Attached is his pic on whatsapp.

48fa7fc7-9917-4cb8-8e63-6c0083774f98.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello,

Does anyone know this guy Juan Manuel from Lima, Peru?

Instagram as juanma_flashpoint

email ID goes as [email protected]

phone number (+51) 981 135 171

I have so many whatsapp conversations with him and he has failed a deal trade. If anyone can help that would be nice.

Attached is his pic on whatsapp.

View attachment 22537

What was the "deal/trade". Explain more fully so other people on the site can know how you feel you have been scammed.

When you contact him on WhatsApp now, is he responding to your messages? Or no?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Apparently he scammed a few people on Mytt and also tried to scam me (and sort of did...)

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
What was the "deal/trade". Explain more fully so other people on the site can know how you feel you have been scammed.

When you contact him on WhatsApp now, is he responding to your messages? Or no?

Messages are not going through on whatsapp

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Messages are not going through on whatsapp

Do you know if he is a member on TTDaily? Or did you begin contact with him as a result of Instagram and WhatsApp?

Also, what about sending him messages through Instagram and what about making comments in his posts on Instagram explaining what has happened so other people may be able to see your story before they get pulled into a scam with him.

Apparently he scammed a few people on Mytt and also tried to scam me (and sort of did...)
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Yeah, also, if you can let us know how you were scammed (or sort of scammed), it could help TTDaily members know a little more about how to avoid scammers. [/FONT]

Last edited:
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
[h=1]juanma4080[/h]
this is his profile on TTD, and he contacted me here

Unfortunately, I am not on instagram, hence I cannot do anything.

He made a trade deal and did not send any shipment; all information was fake

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
juanma4080

this is his profile on TTD, and he contacted me here

Unfortunately, I am not on instagram, hence I cannot do anything.

He made a trade deal and did not send any shipment; all information was fake

May I ask, when did he contact you? Did the trouble happen within the last month or so?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
yes, he contacted me on 03rd October.

He has now been banned and in his status it now says he is an equipment scammer.

It was in your thread where you wanted to sell the Revoldia. Right?

This is why Baal posted the thread about scammers in MyTT and why I simply copied his post for the thread about scammers on TTD:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...rom-Baal-on-MyTT-worth-having-on-TTDaily-Also

If you are buying or trading online, it is worth trying to do everything you can to protect yourself.

I am sorry you have been scammed.

Last edited:
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
I see. Well, I was just asking, because the "official" warning from Baal on mytt went online on October the 20th, so there was (probably) no way for you to know who you are dealing with...

I just got off a call with Lima Police and they said they need more information on the scenario; I have already provided few evidences and it seems that they'll do something. Fingers crossed

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
However, Baal's post on there being a reason to try and be secure was posted 9/27:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/topic88897_page1.html#1102661

And my duplicating his post was posted to TTDaily 9/28.

One of the reasons that thread was posted is that we had both seen an uptick in attempted scams on both forums.

So, all I can say is, I am sorry you were scammed and I hope everyone is more careful in how they go about online buying and trading on the forum.

Thank you for giving me enough information to find Juanma4080's profile and ban him.

Reactions: Jimbob MacInbred
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess, also, please post to the thread on TTDaily and/or MyTT about your experience with Juanma so people know scammers are out there and some of the ways they operate.

And definitely worth posting stuff on the guy's social media.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
He commissioned a inner zlc blade from me and had a few requests. I sent him a PayPal invoice for payment but he never done it and kept giving excuses. I found his behavior suspicious so I never sent the blade. He stopped replying on Instagram and even blocked my account. My loss wasn't that big, I'm stuck with an inner zlc blade with the colors of the flag of peru in the handle, so it's just the labor and cost of materials. Other lost much more...

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
However, Baal's post on there being a reason to try and be secure was posted 9/27:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/topic88897_page1.html#1102661

And my duplicating his post was posted to TTDaily 9/28.

One of the reasons that thread was posted is that we had both seen an uptick in attempted scams on both forums.

So, all I can say is, I am sorry you were scammed and I hope everyone is more careful in how they go about online buying and trading on the forum.

Thank you for giving me enough information to find Juanma4080's profile and ban him.

OK, I didn't scroll back enough to see that...:)

Scammers like Juan or that dadgum MF from the Czech Republic bring my blood to boil whenever I read about them. I may have a few additional thoughts about that topic later.
Anyway, good luck chintanmashroo.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
He commissioned a inner zlc blade from me and had a few requests. I sent him a PayPal invoice for payment but he never done it and kept giving excuses. I found his behavior suspicious so I never sent the blade. He stopped replying on Instagram and even blocked my account. My loss wasn't that big, I'm stuck with an inner zlc blade with the colors of the flag of peru in the handle, so it's just the labor and cost of materials. Other lost much more...

Sounds like you handled this as well as possible. It appears he hoped you would send the blade and then ask for payment when it was too late. Good that you had a prerequisite of payment before sending the blade.

I really feel the way Jimbob feels about scammers as well. But I know, even if the information is put out there, I can't get everyone to read and know how to handle something like this. And part of scamming is, the scammers are slick enough to make people think it is not a scam.

It is really frustrating, with the internet that, this stuff is so easy to get away with.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Sounds like you handled this as well as possible. It appears he hoped you would send the blade and then ask for payment when it was too late. Good that you had a prerequisite of payment before sending the blade.

I really feel the way Jimbob feels about scammers as well. But I know, even if the information is put out there, I can't get everyone to read and know how to handle something like this. And part of scamming is, the scammers are slick enough to make people think it is not a scam.

It is really frustrating, with the internet that, this stuff is so easy to get away with.

Well, given hipnotic's excellent reputation as a blade builder, he could very probably sell that Innerforce ZLC to someone else who does not care that much about the peruvian colors, could he not? Or he could remove the handle caps and replace them with "neutral" looking ones.

As for the scammers: Some of course are smart enough to change their modus operandi from time to time, i.e. whenever it's necessary. You cannot avoid them 100% of the time.