Spinniest but fastest all-wood blade that you've tried.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
What's personally the spinniest but fastest all-wood blade that you've tried?

Will be interesting to see if most choose similar constructed blades or not.

Mine is Allround Evolution at 91g and Swat at 83g.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I did try a 7p2a several years ago. According to the review I wrote back then, I found it a great blade except for the straight handle wasn't so nice. But I just can't remember it's production of spin [emoji848]

I’ve only used Darkers 1-ply blades, and haven’t had the opportunity to try any of their other blades to compare.

This user has no status.
Aah well, I guess that 1-ply gives the full hinoki experience. They're just too thick for my liking. Nothing above 6.7 for me XD

You’re not alone. They’re not practical and are too thick for most people. Having said that, they work for me. Back to your question: I especially like their speed which I find comparable to a fast carbon blade, but they also have great control for the short game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
You’re not alone. They’re not practical and are too thick for most people. Having said that, they work for me. Back to your question: I especially like their speed which I find comparable to a fast carbon blade, but they also have great control for the short game.
Yeah that seems to be the great thing about them. The carbon like speed, while still being great for shortgame. Great spin generation and feel.

I'd like to try Avalox J-power. It's more affordable. Though I'm not sure if it only has hinoki outers. But that's also fine.

And you can not base the spin on the rubbers alone. What's your point? :)

Mine has a point. Your is pointless. The topsheet and sponge produce the spin during action not the blade alone. Although the kind of blade affects on how you impart spin, the major factor in producing spin is the rubber not the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Mine has a point. Your is pointless. The topsheet and sponge produce the spin during action not the blade alone. Although the kind of blade affects on how you impart spin, the major factor in producing spin is the rubber not the blade.
I didn't mean to be disrespectful, hence the smiley. Of course I know that the spin is not only Coming from the blade that it's mostly from the rubbers. What I don't get is why you're writing it.

And you can not base the spin on the rubbers alone. What's your point? :)

I didn't mean to be disrespectful, hence the smiley. Of course I know that the spin is not only Coming from the blade that it's mostly from the rubbers. What I don't get is why you're writing it.

The point is, it is the rubber doing the work mostly not the blade. Even if you use a Primorac carbon you can still produce tons of spin with a good rubber but needs higher level of skill.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
The point is, it is the rubber doing the work mostly not the blade. Even if you use a Primorac carbon you can still produce tons of spin with a good rubber but needs higher level of skill.
Of course. But if you use any 5-ply all-wood blade (compared to Primorac Carbon) for instance with same rubbers instead, it will be much easier to create spin. I don't know if that's the case for every rubber though. There might be some that needs a more direct blade to get the most out of the rubber. Depending on the user of course.
I don't know. I can only say what I know from experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I can imagine that with a softer slower blade the ball will stay longer on the racket and the arc will be higher and maybe this could help to create spin.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
What's the spinniest but fastest all-wood blade that you've tried?

Mine is Allround Evolution at 91g and Swat at 83g.

You should be asking Carl about the 126 gram Allround Evolution I let him test... that was the the first blade I posted the BEAST MOD about. Prolly changed it from All+ to OFF- with improved feel and stability.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yogi-B said:
... Even if you use a Primorac carbon you can still produce tons of spin with a good rubber but needs higher level of skill...

I am gunna go out on a limb and support that sentence.

I do not think that I would get a sheet of Tibhar MX-K Hard 52.5 and spin the heck out of the ball on an opener vs underspin (but I would be SOLID ROCKET SPIN FUEL on a powerloop vs incoming topspin)... but I KNOW I can spin the cover off the ball using a Primorac Carbon and a softer, modern dynamic rubber (Think of something along the lines of 05FX or FX-S)

Where Yogi is (rightfully) stating it can be done if one has SKILL, the skill is in the swing and impact... particularly the acelleration and "touch" which is the handling and changing of the grip pressure amount and type at the right time.

This concept is pretty much universal known among beter players. Equipment makes a difference as it makes a certain task(s) easier to perform. Of course one will not make heavy opening spin with ANTI rubber, it obviously wasn't made to make spinning easier.

Rubber does do work, blade does not do work, but one or both can make it EASIER to get the work done.

Reactions: KM1976
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I can imagine that with a softer slower blade the ball will stay longer on the racket and the arc will be higher and maybe this could help to create spin.
Yes, that's how it works :) But also flex has a role to play.
Swat is a very flexy 7-ply, but on low impact balls the throw will be lower than bt777 and W7 which is stiffer blades. Maybe it's the overheated layers making it more direct? On high impact shots the throw will be higher, because of its flex. SWAT is about as easy to generate spin with as Allround Evolution. Both easier (and flexier) than bt555.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I am gunna go out on a limb and support that sentence.

I do not think that I would get a sheet of Tibhar MX-K Hard 52.5 and spin the heck out of the ball on an opener vs underspin (but I would be SOLID ROCKET SPIN FUEL on a powerloop vs incoming topspin)... but I KNOW I can spin the cover off the ball using a Primorac Carbon and a softer, modern dynamic rubber (Think of something along the lines of 05FX or FX-S)

Where Yogi is (rightfully) stating it can be done if one has SKILL, the skill is in the swing and impact... particularly the acelleration and "touch" which is the handling and changing of the grip pressure amount and type at the right time.

This concept is pretty much universal known among beter players. Equipment makes a difference as it makes a certain task(s) easier to perform. Of course one will not make heavy opening spin with ANTI rubber, it obviously wasn't made to make spinning easier.

Rubber does do work, blade does not do work, but one or both can make it EASIER to get the work done.
Yes he's right, and I'm agreeing with all of it. But a more skilled player will always be able to produce more spin than a significantly less skilled, both using the same setup. I just thought that was common sense and everybody knew that. Even non-ejs [emoji1]

This user has no status.
You ok yogi? If a higher level of skill is needed then we can just say anything.
Blade and rubber do not make the power your arm does. You can hit a sufficiently fast shot with a clipper and mark v. Does this invalidate Bryce high-speed and photinio bieng faster ?
Nope
Are you wrong?
Nope
Does it defeat the point of the forum discussion?
Yep