What is the best type of wood for Short Pips?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Hi,

I decided to play with short pips on my right just like Falck Mattias, but the following question arises.

Is there any type of wood or combination of woods that is the most suitable for short pips?

I am especially interested in knowing Is it more recommendable to use them with Butterfly Zhang Jike ZLC with Koto or Butterfly Garaydia ZLC with Hinoki?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Most people start with a clipper/SK7 or similar and work from there. If you prefer composites, I find the Zhang Jike ZLC a little dull on some flat hits. TB T5000 is better, but to each their own.

Or just use what Falck uses.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Most people start with a clipper/SK7 or similar and work from there. If you prefer composites, I find the Zhang Jike ZLC a little dull on some flat hits. TB T5000 is better, but to each their own.

Or just use what Falck uses.
Falck and Ito use they use woods with Limba, surely Limba is the best option for Short Pips.

Avalox P500/700 were very popular. Like Lasta said, clipper is popular as well.
Imo, 1 ply blades feel great.
If starting, a softer wood will allow you to feel the contact more when using SP.
I am using the SK Carbon with RITC-802-40 and it works well for me at the moment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Also need to consider the backhand side. It will be easier to smash with harder stiffer blades but will lose some feeling and not as good for looping with inverted. Also depends how hard the short pimple rubber is.