Embarrassing TT Moments

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Simply, what is your most embarrassing table tennis moment?... if it is not to embarrasing to share with us :)

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
The ball hit the net near to the edge, it also hit the edge and were dropping straight down.. I sayd sorry, but my opponent jumped for it and got it on the table. I was so embaraced, just wanted to dig myself a hole and jump into it.. Haha, and I also lost the match 2-3 15-17 in the deciding game.

Fun to look back at, despite the loss :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
My most embarrassing moment is between two moments, both involving breaking the handle off my racket. The first one, I go for a forehand flick, and either used way too much wrist or something... long story short, I'm left with the handle, and my blade and rubbers are in the middle of a dance class two basketball courts over. The other time, I caught my doubles partners sleeve.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Can't think of an all time embarrassing moment, but I have to say that I won a point while also embarrassing myself at my local club. Had a shot out wide to my BH and I went for a forehand, but my ankle curled and I ended falling/rolling into another court luckily they had just finished their point, but my opponent was so distracted by my fall that he missed the easy open court and I won the point. Still pretty embarrassing to just sort of roll sideways into another person's court.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I was playing a rapidly improving loop-crazy junior at a US Nationals, I didn't feel too badly losing the first game 22-20, but he concluded the best of 3 to 21 by winning the second game 21-3. :) Great between game coaching. (play to his backhand, they told him.) When the score sheet was returned to the control desk three different people asked me if there was a typo or mistake in the score. Worse yet, I was being observed in the match by my boss and friend, Richard Lee. His post-match comment to me was "Hopeless, man. Just hopeless." I think the kid gained 600 rating points at the tournament, so I had company, but still! 22-20, 21-3. I still carry that one with me.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Great thread!!:) I love the one M.O.S.Serve got beaten by a 15 year old girl. Obviously your silly serves didn't have any effect on her. hehe I was beaten by a 70 year old man mate, I don't know which is worse:)

Alexander hit his nose with his racket, I hit my forehead with my racket so many times I lost count:)

Reborn's racket slipped out of his hand and hit the girl on the next table??! That was just hilarious buddy:p Never happened to me. But once I was playing doubles, my partner was slow getting out of the way on my FH. I took a big swing and my racket hit his butt and flew across the table! I saw the opponents running for cover:)

But the most embarrassing has to be in 1993 when I was playing in Romford, UK. I was going for a wide, very low FH. My knee hit my lips after executing the shot. The game had to stopped because my lips were bleeding profusely and on top of that, I chipped my front tooth. For two months before I got it capped, people were avoiding me coz they thought I was a brawler and a thug.

After all the embarrassments that happened to me, they're nothing compared to what happened to Dan!! hahahaha Hilarious buddy!! Nice one:p

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
I tripped over a barrier once, falling face-flat to the floor.

I did a major FH loop and hit myself with the edge of the blade right in the middle of my forehead.
I had a vertical bruise running down my forehead for like 2 weeks. Just try explaining that to the people at work :p

May 2011
Oh, I also had the "chopping your blade into your knee" - incident :)

It *******ing hurts man, it really really hurts!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
When I'm pissed about losing a match I sometimes throw my bat in my bag (after my towel so it will land soft at least^^). One time, I missed my bag by a full metre (starting point of throw: 2 metres above the bag), so my bat hit the floor and broke. I wasn't even that pissed, but everybody thought I was a pretty bad loser for breaking my bat after a lost match haha. The following match I had to play with my spare bat, which actually went better, but I still didnt win :p