new shoes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I don't really get why I would buy Asics when they are only 10 euro's cheaper than Butterfly, but less durable

Can't find the original source, but there where an article that stated that Butterfly shoes are made by Asics. One of the Gel Blade series had an identical sole as Rifones Timo Boll markets.

This user has no status.
for what you're looking, this is your best option: "Asics Blast FF 2" (FF2 not FF, they're new and greatly improved)
https://www.asics.com/gb/en-gb/blast-ff-2/p/1071A044-001.html

they're well cushioned, breathable, very light, geat fit and beautiful!
they're also expensive, but it has all the latest shoe-technologies, amazing shoe, the best I've tried so far, and I've tried a lot (among with the "Asics Attack Dominate FF" which are even lighter, but also much less cushioned)

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Thanks for the feedback. I decided to go for the butterfly shoes. The difference with the Asics seems to small and I like the look of the Lizolines more. Didn't go for the mizuno's because I have small feet and everyone seems to tell me the sizes are difficult. I don't have a local store to go and fit so ...

Thanks for the input.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I tried Asics Gel Rocket in Decathlon yesterday. Certainly not table tennis shoes. They are very very stiff (not flex) and their heel caps are very high (uncut). If you employ a lot of footwork in your play, they’re gonna slow you down. Good middle tier shoes from Donic, Yasaka etc., or even entry-level Butterfly, Stiga Ask for the same price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I tried Asics Gel Rocket in Decathlon yesterday. Certainly not table tennis shoes. They are very very stiff (not flex) and their heel caps are very high (uncut). If you employ a lot of footwork in your play, they’re gonna slow you down. Good middle tier shoes from Donic, Yasaka etc., or even entry-level Butterfly, Stiga Ask for the same price.

That is correct, Rockets were marketed as Volleyball shoes in my country. I feel that Blades had much better contact with the ground. They are not as cushioned though.

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
My friend once told me that if asics shoe has not circles on sole, it is volleyball shoe, if it has one in mid-foot area it is a squash/table tennis shoe and if it has two, one under mid-foot and one under heel it is handball shoe. For me it makes sense because you dont want your foot to rotate in volleyball and in table tennis you want your midfoot to rotate but you need to be stable on heel and handball is handball, you probably need to change directions very fast or something like this :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
i'm playing with the Mizuno Wave Medal BOA
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Mizuno-Medal-Table-Tennis-Shoes/dp/B083TYQRW2/ref=pd_sim_nf_309_7

no shoelace ! They feel like slippers, so comfortable, very light, and very easy to move with it
and they're cool.
With traditional shoelace shoes, more than once, i almost injured myself by stepping on the shoelace strings while playing and falling.... this cannot happen anymore !

I like them so much I bought a 2nd pair so that i can use it after the current one is done if the model doesn't sell anymore

Mima ITO is playing with them too (but i bought it before she did !)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
i'm playing with the Mizuno Wave Medal BOA
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Mizuno-Medal-Table-Tennis-Shoes/dp/B083TYQRW2/ref=pd_sim_nf_309_7

no shoelace ! They feel like slippers, so comfortable, very light, and very easy to move with it
and they're cool.
With traditional shoelace shoes, more than once, i almost injured myself by stepping on the shoelace strings while playing and falling.... this cannot happen anymore !

I like them so much I bought a 2nd pair so that i can use it after the current one is done if the model doesn't sell anymore

Mima ITO is playing with them too (but i bought it before she did !)

These are seriously cool. Good to hear your feedback on them.

I've been thinking about them for my next pair but the import tax to France would make them very expensive. Maybe I'll have them shipped to the US the next time I'm there (CoVid allowing).

I had their predecessor the Wave Medal SP3 with the BOA system and they were the best and most comfortable TT shoe I've had. https://www.mizunoshop.net/f/dsg-538034

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I read (not only here) that mizuno size might be not correct. Does anyone know whether Mizuno Wave Drive 8 size in cm specified by mizuno is correct and can be used to choose proper shoe size?

I checked with tabletennis11 and they seem to use the cm number on their site to match my current shoe, so my EU size is down from 42 to 40.5. I didn’t buy the shoes in the end so maybe not very helpful for you. But at least check with them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
I read (not only here) that mizuno size might be not correct. Does anyone know whether Mizuno Wave Drive 8 size in cm specified by mizuno is correct and can be used to choose proper shoe size?
Guess, I can answer my own question now. My feet are 30cm, I used to play in shoes which are 305mm (adidas size EU 47 1/3). tabletennis11 guys measured innersole of Mizuno Wave Drive 8, EU 46 (which are supposed to be 30cm) and it was over 30.5cm (their ruler was not long enough, approximately 30.7 - 30.8). And after having 2 training sessions in it, I don't have problems with its length. So it looks like it is actually bigger than Mizuno states, even in mm

This user has no status.
The best shoes that I had was a handball specially (!!!) made, "Handball Spezial". In the handball world this model is a legendary shoes! Extremely good with any artificial surface but kinda hard and retro look. :)
Handball_Spezial_Shoes_Blue_BD7632_01_standard.jpg

My actual shoes are "Adidas TT10" model. Very good if you have wide feet.
Did I mention that I am an Adidas fan? ;)