new shoes

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Guys,

I'm looking to buy some new shoes. I've had some Joola's but i don't really like em. They feel very plastic and my feet sweat like crazy.

I've had back surgery so i'm looking for a solid shoe with good support for ankles that is still not to heavy. Also i sweat like crazy. So a lot of mesh and not to closed.

I did some research and found:
Mizuno wave drive 8
Butterfly Lezoline Rifones

Who has some experience with them? What do you guys think are the pro's and cons?

Shoes are a personal choice, i give the exemple on Brazil: Table tennis shoes here is MUCH, SO MUCH EXPENSIVE, a Mizuno Wave Drive 8 is like 600BRL and the minimum salary is 1000BRL for you have an idea. The most popular shoes here are Futsal shoes, especially Mizuno have a nice and cheap series called Morelia Club and have most futsal models, and Nike shoes. Its cheap here. The most recommend is the futsal shoes or indoor shoes, Asics in maiory (Upcourt series, GEL-Rocket series and Task series). Some peoples prefer Carpet Court Tennis shoes. This is the choices here on Brazil.

Europe reality is most different, table tennis shoes are "more accessible" and have more models.

I say this because obvious table tennis shoes are made especially for tt, but, its not because is made for tt will be more confortable for your. The choice depend more of confort or YOUR foot. If you feel more confortable with running shoes for example, buy running shoes.

Explained this, Mizuno Wave Drive 8 is most thin and low in comparision a Leozine. I feel Wave Drive is more recommend for people want have a more sensation with the floor..

Last edited:
Reactions: rbtitco
I like the Lezolines. Then again, I liked a cheapish store brand, Artengi, equally well for similar requirements and bought a few pairs so I can air them extensively before reuse.

Artengo shoes? Is litte popular on my club, i think is good, is a litte cheap here too. When we search about Table tennis shoes the most cheap result here is the TTS 500 of Artengo, people buy because this i think, but more people prefer other shoes (running shoes, futsal shoes and carpet tennis shoes)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I have used the Mizuno Wave Medal 5 for the last few seasons. The fit, as im sure some other people would mention, is quite big. There a slightly wider fit and bigger than usual – so i would try (if you can) a half size or full size smaller. They have been ok – given pretty good grip in all the venues i have played in (bar one – but it has a terrible floor!) But tbh I might try the Lezolines next as they seem to have a slightly thicker sole, and seem more supportive from seeing friends use them. Its a personal preference but i didn't like the insole in the Wave Drives and changed them which felt much better.
Asics have some good options too!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
It’s very personal yes. Even harder than choosing blade & rubbers as the shape of your feet and your body weight come into play. My first pair was Lezoline Zero and my current pair is Waldner Flex III. Comparing these 2 I may say
- Good support & cushion trade against breathability & easy to use (put on & take off that is) unfortunately. Zero were like slippers whereas Waldners take me like 5 mins to put on! And on court, Zero were, well, like slippers.
- “Floor sensation” (low and flat bottom) trades against power (shock absorbing and tight support, important when pushing the leg on the floor for power). Zero felt amazing at the beginning but I felt hard pretty soon.

So be prepared to trade!

Regarding cheaper shoes, I tried Tennis & Badmington shoes before. Unless you are very heavy, have certain conditions, or on budget, not recommended!!! They lock your heel (have higher heel cut), stiffer (to support much heavier force), and a lot heavier.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
You beat me to it Kuba – i was just editing to say Asics as an alternative :)

Agreed. Kids in the club where I play usually use either Butterfly shoes or Asics Gel Blade. They do train 3-4 times a week, 3hrs a session, and the shoes do last them a long time. They are kids though, with less weight, less force should be applied, I would assume less wear. I have mine for about 6 months. Previously I had Asics Gel Rockets. Gell Blades are much much much better. There are no wear signs yet seen on my pair. Our coach is a Polish 1st Division (not Superleague) player, he uses them also, the pair he uses now is 3 years old as far as I remember (we talked about the wear when I bought mine).

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Asics Gel Rocket.

More support and better cushioned than the Mizuno Wave Drive.

Both the Liner 2 and Lezoline rip on the sides too easily. But I'm a heavy set guy, take that with a grain of salt.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I currently use the Lezoline Rifones but have also played with the Wave Drives 8 (and previous versions too).

Both are excellent shoes in my opinion, but are a bit different as some people have highlighted, and it depends on what your preferences are in a shoe.

The Lezoline Rifones have a thicker sole and will give you more support, also more ankle support, and are on the heaver side but not too heavy. They are very pliable and breathable, and quite durable as I've had them for 2.5 years (I play 8 hours a week on average). The bottom soles are still intact and the shoes are only showing signs of wear on the side.

The Wave Drives are lower and lighter. They're more snug around the foot, quite breathable (though not as much as the Rifones) and quite pliable (though less than the Rifones). They offer less support but are quicker. They last quite a long time (at least a year and a half).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Aliexpress have a LINING Outlets Store.
aliexpress.ru/item/4001241392015.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.274233edT7U2AS

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Dont buy butterfly shoes, they are very expenxive and they are made by 3rd party company, probably asics. Look for some mizuna or asics. Asics are my favourite, I had already 4 of them and they are amazing. Right now I am using Gel-blade 7, they are very light and deliver a lot of confidence on your feet. They are also expensive but not as much as butterfly ones but what is the difference between them is that asics are actually worth their price. You can also go for cheaper asics models, they are also good but gel blade 7 for me are just amazing. Before I bought gelblades 7 I had gel blade 5, gel blast and gel sensei. All of them are great TT shoes so by buying asics You surely wont be disappointed. I did not have Mizuna shoes but some of my teammates play in them and they reccomend them but 90% of my club is playing in asics shoes.

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I have a pair of Mizuno wave 8, I think they are the 8 model !!! They definitely come up bigger size wise, really good choice for those that have wide feet. Comfortable and grippy sole. not using them at present.

Curently use Yonex 65M, these are really good, mid price range Yonex shoes. A ‘badminton’ shoe, very good grip, long lasting, I’ve had these for maybe 2 1/2 yrs now, could be 3 yrs!!

very personal thing are shoes !!! ;);)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
My mizuno wave medal 5 are disastrous on hard surfaces. Not enough cushion on the heel....and before I realise I have developed a severe plantar fasciitis . They are made to be used on specialized tt floors .
People who don't play that often and don't do extensive footwork drills will love to show up in the club with those

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
The thing about TT shoes I’ve always asked myself, is if all brands make them so horrible looking on purpose so no one is tempted to wear them outdoor :)

That’s the problem with tt fashion. All the clothings and shoes are a little too much to my taste, to say politely. Or I may be in the wrong generation.