Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Yinhe LQ-1 vs Yinhe LQ-2

Yinhe LQ-1 (38USD$)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3295...archweb201603_

Yinhe LQ-2 (55USD$)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_

Both are advertised as defensive blades i think, i am really interested in picking one up but i am not sure which to pick.

From the descriptions it seems that the LQ-1 is ~80g and the LQ-2 is ~88g.

On OOAK i saw a user say that the Lq-1 is the faster blade - does this conflict what the weight suggests? I cannot find the wood structures of either blade and would love to know.

The LQ-2 comes with a cork handle - something that off put my initially but from reading around users say they like the feel of. Money is not an issue but i am concerned that the LQ-2 is better just because of the higher price?

Similarly a user on OOAK says that the LQ-1 is more suited for dead returns and close to the table blocks and that the LQ-2 is better for chopping far away from the table as well as powerlooping.

Im looking to apply a thinned sponge LP on the back hand and perhaps just a h3 i have laying around on the FH. Would be nice to have a chopping playstyle with this blade with some close to the table hitting - looping is a plus.

If anyone knows anything about this blade it would be appreciated.
      Last edited by dorse; 12-03-2020 at 12:18 AM.

2. Top | #2
      says TT-CLOWN, old git

Advanced TTD Member Country: New Zealand

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Innerforce ALC
      Forehand Rubber hurricaneIII NEO 2.15 H37
      Backhand Rubber Hurricane III 2.15 H39

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 67 Times in 51 Posts
      after using the
      SANWEI J7 7 wood domino structure Professional Table Tennis Blade/ ping pong blade/ table tennis bat strong spin

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32968488769.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.1.7dbf7136TVi1SA

for a while and was happy with it, I decided to treat myself to a blade with """allegedly """ same characteristics
      and got the LQ2 with the cork handle.
      I could go on and on and on but the bottom line is that you can save yourself the money and get the Sanwei
      which isa 7 layer all wood, rather soft but it will do anything the Yinhe did.
      BTW, the Yinhe came heat shrunk in a clear plastic and was bent , which was not a problem for me because at this stage I had perfected my technique to straighten chinese blades.

Now, the TSP BLOCKMAN II is a completely different proposition when it comes to a quality blade.
      I have used it with a H3 on BH and a Milky way 955 with 1mm sponge on the FH but it was too much hard work for me. After changing the FH rubber to Friendship 802 - 40 it worked well for me.

Just my 2 cents worth

3. Top | #3
      This user has no status.

Established TTD Member Country: United States

Equipment:
      Blade Hurricane Long 5x
      Forehand Rubber BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
      I don't know anything about these two blades, but I think a newer defensive version is the Yinhe 980xx which I have. It is a very good, high quality blade. Try searching that up, especially if you aren't sure about the cork handles on the LQs.