4 New Colour Rubbers Confirmed!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I actually did a little research and what I read is that the pigment that will be used to make black rubber pink, green etc. is same as the one that makes black rubber red so the there will be no difference between pink and red or green and red. Maybe some of You dont know but the original rubber color is black and pigment makes it red and this pigment is available in red and these colors that ittf will make legal. This pigment also makes the rubber a little bit stiffier, amateurs dont see the difference but that is why pros always use black rubber on their better side (Zhang JK played with black on BH and Ma Long and Fan ZD and many others have black on their FH). Making long story short, the colored rubbers will feel 1:1 like red rubbers but I still think that it wont bring anything to Table Tennis and if ITTF want to make TT more popular they should develop other things, not the color of the rubber.

the original rubber color is black .........................well, any drop of latex that i have seen dripping out of the tree in the plantation was actually white not black.;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
the original rubber color is black .........................well, any drop of latex that i have seen dripping out of the tree in the plantation was actually white not black.;)
Actually I ment that the outer layer which is hitting the ball is originally made in black and after this they are colored red using pigment which also has green, blue, ping and purple version. Maybe I wrote it bad but I think that you know what I mean. On many hurricane 3 You can see on red rubber that there are black spots on edges because they dont apply pigment carefully.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Actually I ment that the outer layer which is hitting the ball is originally made in black and after this they are colored red using pigment which also has green, blue, ping and purple version. Maybe I wrote it bad but I think that you know what I mean. On many hurricane 3 You can see on red rubber that there are black spots on edges because they dont apply pigment carefully.

This is a nice video from ANDRO it mainly shows the sponge manufacturing but the "dough" for the top-layer might be mixed in the same way: https://youtu.be/vdhGxd-oxas

I think this might help :
Why the variation?

Its been widely reported that it is the coloured dye used to colour the rubber that interacts with the rubber formula which is what alters is feeling and performance slightly. For some reason the red dye makes the topsheet slightly harder and apparently the black dye is more natural and therefore softens the topsheet slightly.
########################

This does not mean all rubbers start as black first and are then colored later into red, green etc.

It means that in the process of making the "dough" they add the different colors which may (or may not) have an effect on the hardness of the final product.

:)

Last edited: