Why Poland is having huge protests

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Sup,
I wanted to share a video that describes issues very close to my heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmSXB7ukH4M&feature=emb_title

It's in the off topic section so I hope no one will b***h about me posting this here. The video has informative character.

TL;DR, TL;DW The situation is bad enough that people instead of "staying home" are protesting on the streets by the masses.

Reactions: pingpongpaddy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Well, you traded communist regime back against probably the most oppressive regime on this planet.
....................and good luck getting rid of that one.
keep up the good fight

lodro
Get real.
Poland does not even make the top 10.

@merlin el mago. I haven't been there but as a small company owner I feel for the small shops that are closed by edict rather than by law. There are petty despots everywhere these days.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Get real.

@merlin el mago. I haven't been there but as a small company owner I feel for the small shops that are closed by edict rather than by law. There are petty despots everywhere these days.

In Catalonia we have political prisoners!!!!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Get real.

I was referring to the catholic church , not the polish regime. Language is a very difficult thing.
Now try to get real
;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Get real.

That is true. It is not nearly as bad as the situation in Belarus. But civil unrest is arising. You want your government to protect you, and not focus on keeping the power in their hands for any price. Polish current ruling party did show that they do not give a single f**k about citizen health by organizing election during the pandemic, (and losing around 12-13 000 000 € on an election that did not happen), transferring 500 000 000 € from cancer cure program to public television (I mean they changed the assignment in the country budget, I don't know how to express that properly in English). They are trying to enforce their leadership by force (numerous beatings by the Police, I know that someone may need to use force to enforce the law, but beating someone to a pulp isn't exactly that, is it?) or by financial force (Policeman asks someone to take off his masks to reveal his face and then proceeds to give him a ticket for not wearing a mask). We also have a lot of "political prisoners", most notably one of the strikes leaders. She was hard to find, because Police kept redirecting her lawyer throughout the whole Warsaw, while they were trying to force her to false testimony.

Poland is currently a country held together by lies and zip-ties. It's not as but as in other parts of the world (notably one of which is "very good at table tennis", to not state it's name and cause controversy). Poland also has a very big problem with the Catholic church. Most notably child sexual abuse and said institution forcefully influencing the political scene (wording here is bad but I don't know how to phrase it better).

There are much much worse countries to live in, I agree. I just wanted to share this video, because I thought it illustrates some of the issues we are facing right now and I found it very well made (in regard to both technical details as well as portraying the information as true as possible). Also, national TV said that only a couple of thousand people attended these demonstrations, but pictures in the movie depict otherwise.