Boosted rubber will not uncurl - Help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Boosted a TG3 Skyline Neo with Haifu Seamon solution, after a day i got amazing doming, applied another layer when dome was fairly significant and now dome is INSANE - it feels stuck in the domed position

HIHuGad.jpg

Judging by how firm it feels, i dont think it will ever flatten - this is my first time boosting and i decided to leave the protective topsheet film on.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. How long have you been waiting after applying the second layer of boost?

I don't think there is any intelligent reason to leave the plastic film on the top sheet. Not sure it has anything to do with the dome or the dome coming down either though.

This user has no status.
If this doesnt flatten at all the next 2-3 days you ****ed up i.e. used too much/often booster

The protective sheet caaaan stay on but it is not a good idea because it can have a negative effect on the expansion of the rubber. I usually would recommend getting rid of it the moment you start boosting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Timeline : Open rubber and peel off protective sponge sheet. Boost immediately with a relatively thick layer of booster, wait 18 hours - apply another relatively thick layer. Now its been about 30 hours since the 2nd layer was added and its been in a strict curved position for about 24 of those.

<body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">[FONT=&quot]immediately[/FONT]</body>

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
It’s good that the sheet uncurled!

some people put a thin coat of glue on the sponge before applying the booster, so that the sponge has some protection, others don’t and apply booster directly.
I think thin coats of booster are better, more time consuming, which is a pain, especially if your in a hurry!!
I have glued domed rubbers before they have flattened out, a good strong glue is advisable, such as DHS No15 or Revolution no3 (this comes in different viscosities, so a little care is needed with the thicker versions [DHS15 inc], to ensure the glue is spread evenly and flat). These glue hold the rubber very well.

Heavy weights, books etc help to hold the rubber down, but if you like a bit of kit, I think Friendship729 make a specific bat press to ensure the rubber stays flat, other companies may do as well.;);)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
OK : just removed the protective film and that was the main reason it had such a strict curve, it went straight back to being uncurved when i removed it

Wow. You’ve just done wonder for me. I always leave the film on since it’s easier to glue (the tack doesn’t have chance to gather dust/glue residual). Maybe that’s also why my rubber never shrinks when reboosting. It’s not expanding that much at the beginning :cool::cool::cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Wow. You’ve just done wonder for me. I always leave the film on since it’s easier to glue (the tack doesn’t have chance to gather dust/glue residual). Maybe that’s also why my rubber never shrinks when reboosting. It’s not expanding that much at the beginning :cool::cool::cool:

Its a shame i cant leave the film on , a part of me always dies when i need to have the tacky surface exposed when im glueing/cutting and risking damaging the top sheet - even tho its no big deal

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Its a shame i cant leave the film on , a part of me always dies when i need to have the tacky surface exposed when im glueing/cutting and risking damaging the top sheet - even tho its no big deal

Put cling film on! Or put a protection sheet on and then you have a perfect sheet. One arrow, two birds!

I’ll keep my old way, flattening it by a heavy book for 1/2 day. The feel is just right for me.