ETTU Champions League 2020/2021

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Flore got faulted for imparting spin with the hand in his high toss serve. I know the rule, but never heard a umpire comment it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Flore got faulted for imparting spin with the hand in his high toss serve. I know the rule, but never heard a umpire comment it.

It happens to Wang Chen all the time in the USA. So much so that she has basically abandoned the serve and now uses the shovel serve when she plays.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Great games by Groth especially against Boll, that 4th set was really exciting. Do not know why Pitchford only played one game in the tie. Pucar was beaten clearly in both his matches..

Reactions: SofaChamp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Great games by Groth especially against Boll, that 4th set was really exciting. Do not know why Pitchford only played one game in the tie. Pucar was beaten clearly in both his matches..

Both teams pinned their strategy on their ace winning two games and winning the 3rd match. So it lead to the two second strongest players playing the 3rd match, and Kallberg won and gave Duisseldorf some margin. Groth did his job but Pitchford didn't deliver. You can say with hindsight that Pitchford should have played Karlsson and Boll but those aren't gimmes either and Kallberg is likely to beat Pucar.

Reactions: SofaChamp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I did wonder why Karlsson had the Nr2 spot with how strong Kallberg has been playing recently.

Pucar seemed very emotional in that match; the obvious racket throw of ourse but also from his body language.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Here is my prediction on what will happen tonight:

Düsseldorf (I think they are playing as the home team) will start with Kallberg at 1, Timo at 2 and Karlsson at 3.
Saarbrücken will have Shang Kun at 1, Franziska at 2 and Jorgic at 3.

Kallberg VS Franziska: Close call, Kallberg probably in better form but Franziska often rises to the big occasion: 2 - 3

Timo Boll VS Shang Kun: Kun to strong for a slightly out of form Boll: 1-3

Karlsson VS Jorgic: In the battle of the Nr 3s K2's steady lefty-blocking game frustrates Jorgic and Borussia are on the scoreboard at last: 3-2

Kallberg VS Shang Kun: This is Kallberg's chance to shine and he plays well but doesn't quite do enough to keep the comeback going. The experienced Chinese player takes it and gives Saarbrücken the Championsleague to add to last season's Bundesliga title: 1-3

Match Score: Düsseldorf: 1 Saarbrücken 3