DHS HL5 & Dignics 09c help required !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Hi. Currently using h3 prov & tenergy 05 for the last 5 years. Thinking of changing to /investing in couple of sheets of Dignics 09c I would welcome any thoughts on this set up before I push the button !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
I tried d09c on HL5 for a month or two. I was really looking for it to replace h3 prov but it really didn’t feel at all similar to h3 to me so I went back. It felt mushy but it was easier to play with even compared to boosted h3 prov. Not saying it’s bad or anything just that it felt completely different to me.

Out of pure curiosity I also tried it on BH and shockingly it felt amazing. Very crisp compared to t05 (which always felt bad on HL5 to me) and the short game is like a hard tacky rubber.

Obviously performance wise I didn’t play better or worse with any of these changes. It just felt bad on FH and amazing on BH.

This user has no status.
I use the HL5 with D09 and like it. But, I'm coming from non-tacky tensor rubber. Bottom line is that I don't train much since covid so I need the forgiveness of of D09 compared to H3.

If you are used to H3 then you will probably complain about the high throw angle of D09 and the softer feel. But if you stick with it until you get used to it, then you will be happy long term (IMO).

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I used D09C on FH & BH, has more 'bounce' than H3 because of the spring sponge x. Spin is probably slightly less than H3 Neo Prov but still good.
the trade mark H3/H3 Neo low forward kick is missing because of the higher throw of D09C.
Overall, I preferred D09C on the BH.
I think the best aspect of D09C is the topspin drive attack, looping is still good, but the crispness and control for topspin drive, counter topspin and flatter hitting is really good.
short game control is better than say T80fx but not as controlled as H3, mainly because the spring sponge x is dulled slightly by the 'slightly tacky' topsheet. but there's still more bounce than H3 Neo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Last edited: