ZJK super zlc with h3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
The combination would not be the actual issue. The issue would be: Why would you want a SZLC blade? Save your money get an all wood blade or an ALC blade.

He already has great composite blade. Although Donic OTC does not state that it has arylate carbon, it does play similarily ish to other well known koto-composite-ayous-kiri blade.

The combination would not be the actual issue. The issue would be: Why would you want a SZLC blade? Save your money get an all wood blade or an ALC blade.
If I was not so lucky, I would have done ALC, but someone gave me a legit zjk szlc.. so Im just curious how it would work out

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
If you have a 'legit zik szlc' and prov bs h3 then why not go for it? All you are risking at that point is the glue, isn't it? It will answer your question better than any post here would
. First hand experience can not be replaced by asking questions online..

Last edited:
If you have a 'legit zik szlc' and prov bs h3 then why not go for it? All you are risking at that point is the glue, isn't it? It will answer your question better than any post here would
. First hand experience can not be replaced by asking questions online..

oh ok... thanks man!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Thanks everyone!! :) so as a setup would this be great?:

BLADE: ZJK super zlc fl
FH: DHS H3 provincial 41 blue sponge 2.15 neo black
BH: DONIC Baracuda 2.0mm red

I have played with the blade and nittaku h3 turbo orange.
You need a really high level and great technique as well as physical fitness to get any speed with that. Plays really dead. Was much better and overall okay with 09c though.

I have played with the blade and nittaku h3 turbo orange.
You need a really high level and great technique as well as physical fitness to get any speed with that. Plays really dead. Was much better and overall okay with 09c though.

Yeah. H3 is really demanding. It has been my setup with a 5 ply offensive classic for the last 3 months, and I must say i like it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Thanks everyone!! :) so as a setup would this be great?:

BLADE: ZJK super zlc fl
FH: DHS H3 provincial 41 blue sponge 2.15 neo black
BH: DONIC Baracuda 2.0mm red

41degree bs!! Your fh recovery must be fast and stroke be precise and powerful. Otherwise you will find 41degree slower than 40degree. The higher the degree, the more force is required to break in.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Yeah. H3 is really demanding. It has been my setup with a 5 ply offensive classic for the last 3 months, and I must say i like it

Okay, but keep in mind that ZJSZLC is the H3 of blades. It's extremely linear, competely non bouncy. So it doubles the deadness of H3. Can't recommend that unless you boost heavily.

That being said, if I was a much better player I would play it. And I'm a solid intermediate player with good technique.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay, but keep in mind that ZJSZLC is the H3 of blades. It's extremely linear, competely non bouncy. So it doubles the deadness of H3. Can't recommend that unless you boost heavily.

That being said, if I was a much better player I would play it. And I'm a solid intermediate player with good technique.

Interestingly, one of the best players I know, who, at the time was one of the top players in the US, tried a ZJK SZLC and said it was non-linear and just not a good blade. He used a TB ALC. I think, part of the issue for him was, he spent a lot of time playing at many depths and liked to play from fairly far back frequently. And that blade does not play in a stable manner from far away because of the extra Zylon in the weave.

So.......take it how you want. But I did not love the blade when I tried it either. I prefer the ALC and regular ZLC but would never want to use the ZLC because, I like the ALC (or the Viscaria) much better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Interestingly, one of the best players I know, who, at the time was one of the top players in the US, tried a ZJK SZLC and said it was non-linear and just not a good blade. He used a TB ALC. I think, part of the issue for him was, he spent a lot of time playing at many depths and liked to play from fairly far back frequently. And that blade does not play in a stable manner from far away because of the extra Zylon in the weave.

So.......take it how you want. But I did not love the blade when I tried it either. I prefer the ALC and regular ZLC but would never want to use the ZLC because, I like the ALC (or the Viscaria) much better.

If he thinks a TB ALC or viscaria is linear, then Zjk SZLC is the opposite. That much I agree on. However, viscaria is way more bouncy than szlc. Just put a fast rubber on both and do some BH blocks against TS. Then you will see what I mean.

Anyways, due to no bounce, szlc is indeed not good away from table unless you have excellent fitness.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If he thinks a TB ALC or viscaria is linear, then Zjk SZLC is the opposite. That much I agree on. However, viscaria is way more bouncy than szlc. Just put a fast rubber on both and do some BH blocks against TS. Then you will see what I mean.

Anyways, due to no bounce, szlc is indeed not good away from table unless you have excellent fitness.

At the time he was sponsored by Butterfly and he got the blade within a month or two of when it came out just to see how he would like it. So, maybe they changed how they make the blade to some extent. But this, the effect of the Zylon was a lot and not consistent.

BTW: I am not sure I would equate bouncy with linear or non-linear. Like, if the bounce is even and predictable through various levels of impact force, then it could be linear. If on lighter touch there is much less bounce and on heavier impact the amount of bounce is exponentially greater, than, that would be a less linear blade.....Right? And I think that is what he was feeling from the Zylon in the SZLC whereas, a good Viscaria or a good TB ALC (what he was using) the blade's response is very predictable. At least in my experience.