New Equipment 2021

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Screen%20Shot%202021-10-23%20at%2011-29-28%20AM.png

Hurricane 9 will have 4 additional colors? Strange and curious to find what it would look like.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Mizuno's Q Quality, Q1, and Altius Inner/Combo/Outer officially released in Japan.

Q Quality is said to be lightweight, highly powerful, and highly durable(2 times more durable than Q5). Sponge hardness: 46 degrees.
Q1 is marketed as the first step of high-tensioned rubber in the Q series, with high-dimension of speed and spin. Sponge hardness: 44 degrees.
Altius Inner, Combo, and Outer come with 2 layers of Aramid carbon, but in different thickness, 1.4mm, 1.2mm and 0.6mm, respectively.

https://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/Q_series
https://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/altius/

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Mizuno's Q Quality, Q1, and Altius Inner/Combo/Outer officially released in Japan.Q Quality is said to be lightweight, highly powerful, and highly durable(2 times more durable than Q5). Sponge hardness: 46 degrees.Q1 is marketed as the first step of high-tensioned rubber in the Q series, with high-dimension of speed and spin. Sponge hardness: 44 degrees.Altius Inner, Combo, and Outer come with 2 layers of Aramid carbon, but in different thickness, 1.4mm, 1.2mm and 0.6mm, respectively.https://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/Q_serieshttps://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/altius/

I really liked what Mizuno did here with the new rubber QQ (or at least tried to):
1) top performance with SOFTER sponge, instead of using harder sponge
2) they fixed the weight problem of Q5, which was very heavy from what I read somewhere
3) more durable rubber is always welcome! It is something that the companies generally do not give much attention

Sounds very promising...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

I really liked what Mizuno did here with the new rubber QQ (or at least tried to):
1) top performance with SOFTER sponge, instead of using harder sponge
2) they fixed the weight problem of Q5, which was very heavy from what I read somewhere
3) more durable rubber is always welcome! It is something that the companies generally do not give much attention

Sounds very promising...

And reasonably priced... ¥5,830 incl. 10% VAT around €44/$51. Maybe an introductory price because the Q1 is not much cheaper and is also made in Japan

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Few cons that immediately comes to my mind:

The neck and the wings area is reduced, will not fit users hand causing it to have less feel

Head is optimised to increase sweet spot, which means more rubber on the top, making the blade head heavy. Also, the new stiga FL handles are quite thin.

Rubber cutting will be a challenge, so will be for attaching an edge tape to it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Few cons that immediately comes to my mind:

The neck and the wings area is reduced, will not fit users hand causing it to have less feel

Head is optimised to increase sweet spot, which means more rubber on the top, making the blade head heavy. Also, the new stiga FL handles are quite thin.

Rubber cutting will be a challenge, so will be for attaching an edge tape to it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
The wings must be something that stiga has tested and feel comfortable with, otherwise I'm sure they would not release it, or Truls would be using it. Perhaps it just the angle of the picture that makes it looks like more steap angles. Agree with you on the extra sweet and the possibility for head heavy - I would assume they have lighter material in the head, and perhaps a heavier lens to compensate.

Don't think rubber cutting will be a problem, have you seen Squid Game? Cutting around edges is easy.

Reactions: t.t.s.t.a.r
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
The wings must be something that stiga has tested and feel comfortable with, otherwise I'm sure they would not release it, or Truls would be using it. Perhaps it just the angle of the picture that makes it looks like more steap angles. Agree with you on the extra sweet and the possibility for head heavy - I would assume they have lighter material in the head, and perhaps a heavier lens to compensate.

Don't think rubber cutting will be a problem, have you seen Squid Game? Cutting around edges is easy.

i dont use scissor for the rubber. i use a razor blade. that always work fine for me. dont see how it can be more difficult compared to a round blade shape.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Mizuno's Q Quality, Q1, and Altius Inner/Combo/Outer officially released in Japan.

Q Quality is said to be lightweight, highly powerful, and highly durable(2 times more durable than Q5). Sponge hardness: 46 degrees.
Q1 is marketed as the first step of high-tensioned rubber in the Q series, with high-dimension of speed and spin. Sponge hardness: 44 degrees.
Altius Inner, Combo, and Outer come with 2 layers of Aramid carbon, but in different thickness, 1.4mm, 1.2mm and 0.6mm, respectively.

https://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/Q_series
https://www.mizuno.jp/tabletennis/altius/

The Q Quality could be a good backhand rubber. I really enjoyed playing with the Q5 on my forehand, but it's a bit heavy(even for forehand) and after about 100 hours of play it started to make a strange noise in a spot and a strange feeling too. I think the rubber detached from the sponge but it didn't developed a visible bubble.
So lighter weight and more durability is something that is very welcome and I guess the softer sponge is not a bad thing for backhand as the Q5 is definitely on the harder side.
I'd take it over Tenergy and any ESN tensor if the durability is similar, without question.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

The Q Quality could be a good backhand rubber. I really enjoyed playing with the Q5 on my forehand, but it's a bit heavy(even for forehand) and after about 100 hours of play it started to make a strange noise in a spot and a strange feeling too. I think the rubber detached from the sponge but it didn't developed a visible bubble.
So lighter weight and more durability is something that is very welcome and I guess the softer sponge is not a bad thing for backhand as the Q5 is definitely on the harder side.
I'd take it over Tenergy and any ESN tensor if the durability is similar, without question.

I wonder at what audience the rubber is aimed at. I think it might be too expensive for people who want to try out something new. Maybe in Japan Mizuno has a following which would splash the cash out, but I think in EU it is not known enough so people justify spending that much cash on an unkown.

Jan 2018
What piques my interest most is the list price of Q Quality. It is more competitive than Q3/Q4/Q5 at that price point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

I wonder at what audience the rubber is aimed at. I think it might be too expensive for people who want to try out something new. Maybe in Japan Mizuno has a following which would splash the cash out, but I think in EU it is not known enough so people justify spending that much cash on an unkown.

To me the Q5 was like an inbetween rubber between T05 and D09c. Hardness in the middle of the two, spin potential in middle, the speed is more than either.
It has a grippy topsheet with I think even more tension than Tenergy or D09c. It's really nice to play with and the sponge is also totally on par with Butterfly offerings.

I think the death of the rubber is actually the super high tension it has. The rubber edge is rather fragile, if you hit on the edge of the rubber the ball can do a small chip on it. Maybe the pimples got torn too in my rubber and it's not even a bubbling issue. On backhand I would not be concerned at all and the topsheet grip is identical as new after 100hours of play. Also it's not a factory boosted ESN rubber, so playing characteristics should be the same during the lifespan.
If they fixed the durability and a tad softer sponge I think it's a backhand winner. Granted it's around Tenergy price at TT11, but Tenergy is not even in contest. (if durability is fixed)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I only saw TT11 test video of it. It looks convincing and 50EUR is not too bad. It's a pity they didn't talk about sponge hardness by degree nor it's mentioned on the package.

I'm also wondering who is the maker. Daiki? Fuso? Sumitomo?

Last edited: