R
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 20 0

User Info Menu

Nov 2021
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews

Which glue?

Hey, recently I received my new rubbers , FH yinhe Jupiter 2, BH Palio ak47 blue. I’m not contemplating which glue to get, I’m hearing DHS no15 is good for Chinese rubbers and not to get butterfly free chalk I thought they were not too important but I guess I’m wrong. Any recommendations, also what is a recommended tool to cut the rubbers and should I definitely seal my blade right now or could I do it on the second time re gluing, thanks

says I breathe like Ovtcharov

Established TTD Member 37 129

Established TTD Member 129 37
    Ask a TT shop employee to glue and cut it for you. Watch them do it 3 times before trying on your own.
    Modestly, Leo

If you have glued before then get whatever glue you want it doesn’t really matter. DHS no.15 and Butterfly free chak is the top end premium level. You can year cheap ones too.
    Modestly, Leo

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 20
    R
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 20 0

User Info Menu

Nov 2021
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews

Oh I thought I would be able to do it myself by watching videos is it really that difficult ??

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 37 284
    M
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 284 37

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Read 0 Reviews
    No its easy to do. Anybody can do it. You can buy any cheap TT glue for $4 or $5 on Aliexpress, or you can just use rubber cement from Walmart for $4.Â

Please don’t listen to Micheal about the rubber cement. Use cheap glue but only TT glue. Rubber cement will not have the same feel and it might damage the rubber and the blade.
    Modestly, Leo

It’s easy to glue, you can do it with videos. Be careful cutting the rubber. Use large and sharp scissors and leave about 2mm of spare around the edge because the rubber will shrink next time you take it off.
    Modestly, Leo

This user has no status.

TTD Member 48 92
    W
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 92 48

User Info Menu

Feb 2020
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PingBirdPong
    Please don’t listen to Micheal about the rubber cement. Use cheap glue but only TT glue. Rubber cement will not have the same feel and it might damage the rubber and the blade.

Rubber cement is what people used before ITTF banned VOC based glues. Rubber cement also makes removing the rubber cleanly from the blade easier as water based rubber glues tend to adhere stronger to top veneers. Water based glues can and will pull and splinter the top limba veneer of blades unless they are lacquered and even then there is a risk so water based glues are actually more dangerous to your blade than VOC based rubber cement.

@OP, if you don't want to pay extra for TT branded glues, use Copydex. It is a reliable water based latex glue. You can use a pair of sharp scissors like the Kai 5626 or 18mm snap off blade cutters like the pro at tabletennis11 does.

Last edited by WingTT; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:40 AM.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 72 198
    F
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 198 72

User Info Menu

Jan 2021
    UK
    Read 1 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RayanH
    Hey, recently I received my new rubbers , FH yinhe Jupiter 2, BH Palio ak47 blue. I’m not contemplating which glue to get, I’m hearing DHS no15 is good for Chinese rubbers and not to get butterfly free chalk I thought they were not too important but I guess I’m wrong. Any recommendations, also what is a recommended tool to cut the rubbers and should I definitely seal my blade right now or could I do it on the second time re gluing, thanks

DHS no15 is good.... Lately, I've started using Xiom glue, and I quite like it ..

If you've never glued-on rubbers before, I'd suggest practicing fist, on a spare blade with old rubbers.. Alternately, you could get it done professionally, and if possible, watch them do it..

says May the Spin be with you!

Advanced TTD Member 149 285
    says May the Spin be with you!

Advanced TTD Member 285 149
    Quote Originally Posted by RayanH

nothing but Butterfly Free Chack II for me after bad experience with other glue.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 72 198
    F
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 198 72

User Info Menu

Jan 2021
    UK
    Read 1 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozo

nothing but Butterfly Free Chack II for me after bad experience with other glue.

I found Free Chack too strong .. tore-out quite a few splinters off the to-veneer, while removing the rubber.

The Following User Likes Funk Fu Master's Post:

lodro

This user has no status.

TTD Member 41 91
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 91 41

User Info Menu

Oct 2018
    Hungary
    Read 0 Reviews
    Only DHS no 15 has stong enough bond to not peel off from blade, but making a layer good enough to remove from both chinese and japanese rubbers without damaging the sponge and not have disgusting smell at the same time. It's also rather cheap.

Detraments? Bit heavy. Is it really a detrament? Not really since you only need one layer instead of two. Revolution or "very cheap" thin chinese glues are a good alternative. I mean Aliexpress Dianchi or Lidu glue. But I'd still pick DHS no 15. I'd forget any other big brand glues, they are made mostly in germany and not very good.