Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 11
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 11 1

Nittaku Acoustic Carbon / inner carbon

Dear,

I am looking for carbon blade with a lot of feeling, similar to wooden blades.

Based on very few reviews I think acoustic inner carbon might be the one.

Is anybody here using Acoustic Inner carbon? And can you compare it to Acoustic Carbon?

Also how would you compare Acoustic carbon to Viscaria or ZJK ALC?

says Disciple of OYA sensei

Master TTD Member 3,513 3,202
    T
    says Disciple of OYA sensei

Master TTD Member 3,202 3,513
    yes i am using Acoustic Carbon Inner from Nittaku.

I can only compare it to Korbel (5-ply wood) that i had used for more than 10 years.
    its the only carbon blade that i tried that felt very similar to the Korbel, although it is faster, and i got the feeling its also easier to control, notably to short receive. I feel the ball is going more precisely where i want it to go rather than with Korbel.

all other Carbon blades that i tried are too fast and difficult to control for me.

The Following User Likes Takkyu_wa_inochi's Post:

duki

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 11
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 11 1

Yes, I am afraid all carbon blades are stiff... thanks for feedback

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 444 835
    I
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 835 444
    Hi,

I have Acoustic all wood and Acoustic Inner, they both feel very similar!! the inner is a little quicker. Same sort of power shot lands about 350 - 450mm longer for the inner compared to all wood. not precise but it gives you an idea how much faster the inner is.
    based on the above, I would think that an Acoustic carbon would be another 300-450mm quicker than the inner, but this is a guess as I don't have an Acoustic carbon!!!

I also have a Viscaria and Zhang Jike ALC, these blades are very similar to each other, for someone of my ability no real difference at all !!! These blades are quicker than the Acoustic inner by at least another 300mm, for me they feel harder and the ball leaves very quickly. i would estimate that an Acoustic carbon would be close to the Viscaria / ZJK ALC as far as speed is concerned, maybe slower??

My personal opinion is that I prefer the Acoustic Inner out of the Carbon Blades I have tried. Another blade with carbon in it that I liked was the old Joola TPE Perform which I believe is now discontinued, different plies used as well.

Even though the Acoustic inner is a great blade, I've still moved back to all wood blades!!!

The Following User Likes IB66's Post:

duki

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 11
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 11 1
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    Hi,

I have Acoustic all wood and Acoustic Inner, they both feel very similar!! the inner is a little quicker. Same sort of power shot lands about 350 - 450mm longer for the inner compared to all wood. not precise but it gives you an idea how much faster the inner is.
    based on the above, I would think that an Acoustic carbon would be another 300-450mm quicker than the inner, but this is a guess as I don't have an Acoustic carbon!!!

I also have a Viscaria and Zhang Jike ALC, these blades are very similar to each other, for someone of my ability no real difference at all !!! These blades are quicker than the Acoustic inner by at least another 300mm, for me they feel harder and the ball leaves very quickly. i would estimate that an Acoustic carbon would be close to the Viscaria / ZJK ALC as far as speed is concerned, maybe slower??

My personal opinion is that I prefer the Acoustic Inner out of the Carbon Blades I have tried. Another blade with carbon in it that I liked was the old Joola TPE Perform which I believe is now discontinued, different plies used as well.

Even though the Acoustic inner is a great blade, I've still moved back to all wood blades!!!

Thanks a lot for comparison.

So Acoustic inner carbon is the closest feeling for the ball compared to all wood blades? Would you describe it as stiff and hard? Or there is some flex? How do you feel the ball when looping and smashing?

I own ZJK ALC and it is very stiff and hard for me (Viscaria same feeling), I can't feel the ball at all and that annoys me.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 444 835
    I
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 835 444
    Quote Originally Posted by duki

Thanks a lot for comparison.

So Acoustic inner carbon is the closest feeling for the ball compared to all wood blades? Would you describe it as stiff and hard? Or there is some flex? How do you feel the ball when looping and smashing?

I own ZJK ALC and it is very stiff and hard for me (Viscaria same feeling), I can't feel the ball at all and that annoys me.

You definitely get more of a woody feeling,
    blade doesn't feel as stiff as a Viscaria, there is some flex, maybe medium ish!! But it felt very similar to Acoustic wood, no real change in technique was needed at all. the only stand out difference between an acoustic wood and acoustic inner was the speed increase.
    Feel when looping can depend on the rubbers used as well, so H3neo 40 degree still felt hard ish, Rakza Z felt softer even though sponge is similar or harder than H3Neo. top sheet make a difference!!!
    smashed okay as well !!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 11
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 11 1
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    You definitely get more of a woody feeling,
    blade doesn't feel as stiff as a Viscaria, there is some flex, maybe medium ish!! But it felt very similar to Acoustic wood, no real change in technique was needed at all. the only stand out difference between an acoustic wood and acoustic inner was the speed increase.
    Feel when looping can depend on the rubbers used as well, so H3neo 40 degree still felt hard ish, Rakza Z felt softer even though sponge is similar or harder than H3Neo. top sheet make a difference!!!
    smashed okay as well !!

Thanks a lot, I hope h3n was boosted 🤣

This user has no status.

TTD Member 24 33
    Z
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 33 24

User Info Menu

Nov 2020
    Great Britain
    Read 0 Reviews
    I have heard good things about the Nittaku Septear Feel Inner which is Hinoki /Carbon....There is the Septear Carbon too with it positioned more to the outside.