New Equipment 2021

what kind of rubbers are they in comparison with other Vega rubbers? and how is the Vivid blade compared to the 36.5 , thanks

Xiome Vega Europe, Pro and Asia variants only with built in glue.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Such a good rubber, I hope they don't discontinue it.

I asked them and the rubber is still not phased out. It is still continuing to be produced.

Vega Japan is in XIOM's new global catalog as well as China exclusive Omega VII Asia with 47.5° sponge.

New blade is Vivid Carbon.

more or less just a softer Omega 7 Asia which has a 52.5 degrees sponge. I did not bother to test it after I heard it is a softer O7A.

this is the rubber that I am actually excited about

Omega 7 Tour - i

8nP6jaW.png

This is the nearest or closest rubber that you can find on what the pros are using (ESN rubbers). The factory booster used on this is different from the commercial version and you can say it is very fast far from the table despite using an all+ blade. Still the control is good despite the speed and spin. I just did not made myself get used to it because it is quite expensive and I don't want to bug Xiom about asking for it. I had this for more than a year by the way and it's just that I was not allowed to post about it. Dignics 05 (commercial) does not even compared to this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020

Cool!.. Do you have any idea how much it costs... And what sponge hardness did you use?

Cool!.. Do you have any idea how much it costs... And what sponge hardness did you use?

I've had the 55 and 52.5 versions before. I cannot say the price yet not to pre-empt Xiom but it is very pricey.

This user has no status.
this is the rubber that I am actually excited about

Omega 7 Tour - i

8nP6jaW.png

This is the nearest or closest rubber that you can find on what the pros are using (ESN rubbers). The factory booster used on this is different from the commercial version and you can say it is very fast far from the table despite using an all+ blade. Still the control is good despite the speed and spin. I just did not made myself get used to it because it is quite expensive and I don't want to bug Xiom about asking for it. I had this for more than a year by the way and it's just that I was not allowed to post about it. Dignics 05 (commercial) does not even compared to this.

The catalog says that it will be only available for high level players. Does it mean that it won't be available publicly in store like tt11 ?

The catalog says that it will be only available for high level players. Does it mean that it won't be available publicly in store like tt11 ?

I am not sure about this. Maybe you can order this directly from Xiom or any other distributor. I will need to ask.

the new Vivid Carbon blade looks like it is using the 36.5 process, how is it different to the 36.5 ALX?

the Vivid is a very fast Carbon Hinoki blade more like a Primorac carbon perhaps basing on the layers. This has pure carbon whereas the 36.5 is a softer and slightly slower viscaria.