Tack of the rubber gone

I got this from my experience by used the rubber for 1 year until now(played average 2-3 hrs/day). It's up to you, don't believe me, just try-out that you wanna do.

i was trying some gentle dishwashing liquid on the rubber where the index finger is. My theory is that dishwashing liquid somehow displace the sebum from skin thats being absorbed. Pressing and hoping to absorb the possible sebum. Interestingly, its showing some positive results. The tack on that part of the rubber is remaining for longer.

Its on a tibhar k1 fyi.
I have tried this and it works well but i have to clean it with water after.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I hae tried this and it works well but i have to clean it with water after.
Yep, after using sweat to clean the rubber while playing ,when finished play sometimes I use Donic cleanner to clean the dirt and wait until the rubber surface dry, before keep the blade in the racket bag(in the racket bag has desiccant)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I've bought the Revolution rejuvantor and it works. I used very very small amount (I can't play for another month so I didn't want to waste much of it) and it improved the tack very much. It might not show and the video bad the ball sticked much more. The part when the rejuvenator is on the table is the part when rubbers where treated with the rejuvenator.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I always use a spray bottle filled with water and a soft cleaning sponge. Don't soak the rubber, just a tiny spraying and clean it with the sponge. Of course moist will affect the rubber. I played in a tournament, where there were no good ventilation. In the morning everything was good, but the longer the day passed, I lost the grip totally at the end. Playing with 41deg H3N, brush looping... :(

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I've bought the Revolution rejuvantor and it works. I used very very small amount (I can't play for another month so I didn't want to waste much of it) and it improved the tack very much. It might not show and the video bad the ball sticked much more. The part when the rejuvenator is on the table is the part when rubbers where treated with the rejuvenator.

Nice pooch!!! (Dog) !!!

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
Nice pooch!!! (Dog) !!!

what are you using now ?
Have you found something better ?
I have not found something better than it. Thoygh i change rubbers every 3 months now and do need the revitalizer anymore. With the amount of rubbers i receive every year, i do not think i still do need it. Last year i received more or less a total of 50pcs of rubbers.

Reactions: lodro
i was trying some gentle dishwashing liquid on the rubber where the index finger is. My theory is that dishwashing liquid somehow displace the sebum from skin thats being absorbed. Pressing and hoping to absorb the possible sebum. Interestingly, its showing some positive results. The tack on that part of the rubber is remaining for longer.

Its on a tibhar k1 fyi.

Btw, if anyone is trying this, use VERY diluted dishwashing liquid.

Dishwashing liquid is a surfactant, it helps the oils form micelles in the water. So the water will do almost all of the work anyway, the surfactant just helps the oil suspend into the water.

Very concentrated dishwashing liquid actually does not work particularly well due to lack of sufficient water for the oil to suspend into, and might also damage the rubber chemically. Remember surfactants are mostly there to make the water 'work' better for cleaning.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Rubbers, I clean regularly - before, during and after play, I also clean the protective films regularly as well !! They pick up dust too!!
Blades, clean surface, just removing glue residue, if having issues gluing (rare) a light sand. Handle,
I’ve never cleaned a handle!!
Digs and dinks to edges, leave, if the top veneer has split and peeled, a small piece, I remove and fill with wood filler and sand down, It’s normally damage on the edge of racket and as long as it’s not a crack right thru the blade it’s really of little consequence!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jan 2022
I can attest that the mineral oil trick works better than revolution bio cleaner once normal cleaning with distilled or soft water and a soft sponge aren't good enough.

When my rubber lost its tack, I put three layers of hair clipper oil, which I presume is mineral oil, and it absorbed into the rubber like magic!

After that, it easily picks up and holds a ball again! Now all I need is a soft sponge, as perhaps the paper towels I was using are too abrasive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jan 2022
Turns out the oil I used meant for hair clippers is petroleum distillate rather than mineral oil. Only difference is that mineral oil is distilled out of crude at a higher temperature.

I just now tried it on a six month old Victas V-15. Three coats and it's slightly sticky, lifting the ball, but not holding at all like the h3n did-- a definite improvement though.