Donic Baracuda / Tibhar Genius alternative with less catapult

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Are there any newer generation Rubber like Donic Barracuda oder Tibhar Genius?

I know Xiom Vega X or TSP Super Ventus. All the newer rubber have a lot of spin when you hit right and brush good. But most the time i use to much force and i play with more speed then spin. I found it a lot harder to play all topspins with a lot of spin. I find it hard to activate the right amount of spong / catapult in my play.

When i play with Donic Baracuda oder Tibhar Genius (start them to play this year new) i play a lot of times with much more spin. I have to work harder for my topspin. But it is much easier to play harder. Xiom Vega X for example helps more but i make less because of this help. Also i find it hard to switch between spinny topspin and fast topsin (fast is easy but slow AND spinny is hard for me)
In Matchplay i found it much easier to make complete stroke with full force with this old rubbers generation. The missing catapult helps in my personal game to accelerate more on the 3te ball attack. Slow spinny topspins are much easier for me.

Are there modern rubber like this? Or do I have to stay with this old generation?
China rubber need to much force for my play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Are there modern rubber like this? Or do I have to stay with this old generation?

Do you feel there is a anything wrong with this "old" generation?

What would you expect?

Manufacturers and sellers have surely created a kind of expectation among the players. Since there is so much new stuff every year, surely you
can´t afford to miss out? But you can. Just imagine how many generational changes people who still play Sriver or Mark V have missed ;)

So, even less catapult than those you mentioned, but from the same generation: Vega pro and Fastarc G1.

If you´d like to reconsider your opinion about Chinese rubbers, there are quite a few now that play like European rubbers, but with a little less bounce. The Palio AK47 series is quite well-known, in my opinion even better is the Friendship Presto series.

Or maybe worth taking a look at, one of the newer entry level tensor rubbers like Xiom Vega Intro.

Any of the newer rubbers with thin topsheet would most likely not fit your needs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 2 reviews
barracuda nothing like it ?

Are there any newer generation Rubber like Donic Barracuda oder Tibhar Genius?

I know Xiom Vega X or TSP Super Ventus. All the newer rubber have a lot of spin when you hit right and brush good. But most the time i use to much force and i play with more speed then spin. I found it a lot harder to play all topspins with a lot of spin. I find it hard to activate the right amount of spong / catapult in my play.

When i play with Donic Baracuda oder Tibhar Genius (start them to play this year new) i play a lot of times with much more spin. I have to work harder for my topspin. But it is much easier to play harder. Xiom Vega X for example helps more but i make less because of this help. Also i find it hard to switch between spinny topspin and fast topsin (fast is easy but slow AND spinny is hard for me)
In Matchplay i found it much easier to make complete stroke with full force with this old rubbers generation. The missing catapult helps in my personal game to accelerate more on the 3te ball attack. Slow spinny topspins are much easier for me.

China rubber need to much force for my play.
l find barracuda is the very best for spin without catapult.. or bounce like 05 is ... tried a few of the new rubbers with big pores in the sponge like asia07 and rasanter 47 and 42 the unfeeling fast sponge is not for fine brush for spin over speed ... its not popular now because of its slower speed , but l use a off+ blade stiga 290 a slower blade only works close to the table . so l like the balance , and they so cheap 26 euros a sheet .. won't change my rubber

Reactions: thomas.pong