How to clean a Viscaria Handle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Hi buddy's i bought a viscaria blade, but handle is not in good condition. Any ideas?
Greetings
Pawel

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Lol i just asked one thing.
I bought used Viscaria, seller plays with it like 1/2 months. And handle is not like a expressive color of handle.
I heard about a little of dish liquid, and water.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I know in certain circles it is a complete NO NO but i do apply a very thin coat of water based polyurethane on both my blade surfaces AND my handles.
It makes the handle easier to keep clean.

A good way of cleaning the handle might be a clean rag soaked in alcohol based hand -
sanitizer.
Just give it a good rub.

If this will not make it clean enough for you , you might have to take a 400 grit sandpaper to it.
It is after all just a piece of wood . Sand it till its clean enough for you , then use finer sandpaper to make it nice and smooth again.

Here is a picture of my new Hammer, see it is just a piece of wood and i rasp a bit off every day until it fits my paw ;)

IMG_20201215_091238.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Buy a Stiga Infinity VPS V and some glue. The handle must be identical in shape! I heard a Chinese guy had done that :cool::cool::cool:

The coating will make the handle “sticky” and feel different to the skin. The sandpaper will make it rough and remove the factory treatment. I tried both. I’m not saying you shouldn’t but beware that the touch won’t be identical, if you care.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
I want to use a tooth brush, and water with some detergent.
I really don't like messy handle

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Buy a Stiga Infinity VPS V and some glue. The handle must be identical in shape! I heard a Chinese guy had done that :cool::cool::cool:

The coating will make the handle “sticky” and feel different to the skin. The sandpaper will make it rough and remove the factory treatment. I tried both. I’m not saying you shouldn’t but beware that the touch won’t be identical, if you care.

Of course i don't care ;););)
If one uses the proper coating it will not be sticky and as for the original factory treatment..............well, every hand is different and the handle has to fit the hand. The factory treatment , whatever it might be has only got a value if one thinks of re-selling the blade later on.

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Thank you ;) can you see the pictures up?
I will clean this handle? My friend said to me this idea but I really don't know what I supposed to do now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Thank you ;) so I will use a sanitizer and a rug. Just it is a "healthy"? Nothing wrong don't be with handle