TTD Member 0 12
    P
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 12 0

User Info Menu

Dec 2020
    Poland
    Read 0 Reviews
    Teraz tak serio jest się czym przejmować? Mój kolega używa jej od paru miesięcy a jest w ładniejszym stanie (rączka) niż ta "moja"

says legendary EJ

Elite TTD Member 217 1,023
    K
    says legendary EJ

Elite TTD Member 1,023 217

User Info Menu

Oct 2016
    Poland
    Read 2 Reviews
    Nie przejmuj się.

says Ba'al has spoken

Master TTD Member 5,895 3,532
    B
    says Ba'al has spoken

Master TTD Member 3,532 5,895

User Info Menu

Nov 2010
    Read 8 Reviews
    A clear violation of Rule 88.

The Following User Likes Baal's Post:

UpSideDownCarl

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,765 14,155

Super Moderator 14,155 15,765
    When you are holding your racket, while playing, nobody can see the handle.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

says TT-CLOWN, old git

Advanced TTD Member 176 440
    L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Advanced TTD Member 440 176
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    When you are holding your racket, while playing, nobody can see the handle.
    that is of course true but then the handle does look pretty "grubby" and if one pays good money for a nice trophy like that one wants to at least clean it up a bit and have a "new start".
    Then there are of course the questions of hygiene and maybe even covid dangers to consider.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 83 97
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 97 83

User Info Menu

Sep 2016
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 12
    P
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 12 0

User Info Menu

Dec 2020
    Poland
    Read 0 Reviews
    Thanks for all.
    Greetings from Poland

Quote Originally Posted by lodro
    that is of course true but then the handle does look pretty "grubby" and if one pays good money for a nice trophy like that one wants to at least clean it up a bit and have a "new start".
    Then there are of course the questions of hygiene and maybe even covid dangers to consider.
    I am, of course, joking around. But, I also find it odd that someone would care about how clean their racket handle is.

How long can CoVID live on wood surfaces? How long is it going to take for the blade to be shipped?

On more porous surfaces like cardboard CoVid does not live more than 24 hours. On the kind of surface of the porous wood handle of a Viscaria, it probably can't live as long as it will take to ship. So, I am not sure CoVID is something that would be transmitted that way. Or we all would be getting it from any kind of online shopping. No need to spread fear on the subject.

The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

thomas.pong

Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Spin is Everything

says TT-CLOWN, old git

L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

I am, of course, joking around. But, I also find it odd that someone would care about how clean their racket handle is.

How long can CoVID live on wood surfaces? How long is it going to take for the blade to be shipped?

On more porous surfaces like cardboard CoVid does not live more than 24 hours. On the kind of surface of the porous wood handle of a Viscaria, it probably can't live as long as it will take to ship. So, I am not sure CoVID is something that would be transmitted that way. Or we all would be getting it from any kind of online shopping. No need to spread fear on the subject.
    well,i am of course joking too.
    I never bought a second hand blade but if i would, I am sure I would give the handle a quick wipe......just in case I mean, one never knows where things have been , does one ?

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 72 217
    K
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 217 72
    I don't find anything wrong with the fact that the man wants to clean a second hand blade's handle. Some people are squeamish, especially when thouching someone's sweat

The Following User Likes Kolev's Post:

lodro

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 12
    P
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 12 0

User Info Menu

Dec 2020
    Poland
    Read 0 Reviews
    So water or detergent and rag or sanitizer will help and not destroy a handle colors?

This user has no status.

Super Moderator 1,545 1,812
    This user has no status.

Super Moderator 1,812 1,545
    I saw somewhere that toothpaste should do the trick. Try to do it at a small area with a toothbrush and see if it works

This user has no status.

TTD Member 36 66
    W
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 66 36

User Info Menu

Feb 2020
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    I would use a finish equivalent to Watco's Danish Oil to treat the handle after cleaning rather than a polyurethane based finish as a poly finish will make the handle feel like plastic. An oil type finish will retain the natural texture of the wood.

says TT-CLOWN, old git

L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Quote Originally Posted by WingTT
    I would use a finish equivalent to Watco's Danish Oil to treat the handle after cleaning rather than a polyurethane based finish as a poly finish will make the handle feel like plastic. An oil type finish will retain the natural texture of the wood.ers the
    That might well be true if one covers the handle (or the blade-surface) in 1 or several layers polyurethane or any kind of lacquer. I apply a thin layer with a damp cloth, just enough to SEAL the wood. The porous property remains intact, there is no gloss and the feeling is still that of the wood.e

This method has been recommended to seal the blade surfaces before gluing the rubbers on to it. Applying too much will indeed give a glossy finish and if not sanded back the rubbers won't stick

I have to be honest. TT handles are designed to absorb your sweat which makes it so they are good for playing, naked, how they come. Everyone has a right to do what they want with their blades whether it is make them fastidiously clean, oiling, sealing. But a handle with nothing on it is very useful for how you can shift your grip without thinking about shifting your grip, for how the racket lays in your hand, and how it allows you to feel the ball contact.

With nothing, the handle does what it is supposed to do. Add a layer of polyurethane sealant and you stop the ability of the wood to get water away from your hand. And the handle will not feel as good in your hand and, this also could impact what you feel from the ball contact. At least, that is my experience.

Using Oil might be fine. I have never tried. But I just don't see that there is a reason.

I know some people like racket grip tape on the handle. I guess that is a choice too. If your hand is especially large, perhaps that is a reason for that kind of modification. But tape on the handle also never felt good to me and this also blocks the feeling of the contact.

When the choices someone makes about their equipment are about the aesthetics, how the blade looks when it is sitting on the table (not in your hand) rather than how the blade plays, how it feels, how your hand interacts with the handle and feels the ball on contact, then I would seriously question what the actual purpose of the modifications are.

In my opinion, the aesthetics of a blade are a trivial matter next to how the blade feels and responds during play.

The Following 2 Users Like UpSideDownCarl's Post:

Tango K and thomas.pong

Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 12-22-2020 at 03:45 AM.
    Spin is Everything

says TT-CLOWN, old git

L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

I have to be honest. TT handles are designed to absorb your sweat which makes it so they are good for playing, naked, how they come. Everyone has a right to do what they want with their blades whether it is make them fastidiously clean, oiling, sealing. But a handle with nothing on it is very useful for how you can shift your grip without thinking about shifting your grip, for how the racket lays in your hand, and how it allows you to feel the ball contact.

With nothing, the handle does what it is supposed to do. Add a layer of polyurethane sealant and you stop the ability of the wood to get water away from your hand. And the handle will not feel as good in your hand and, this also could impact what you feel from the ball contact. At least, that is my experience.

Using Oil might be fine. I have never tried. But I just don't see that there is a reason.

I know some people like racket grip tape on the handle. I guess that is a choice too. If your hand is especially large, perhaps that is a reason for that kind of modification. But tape on the handle also never felt good to me and this also blocks the feeling of the contact.

When the choices someone makes about their equipment are about the aesthetics, how the blade looks when it is sitting on the table (not in your hand) rather than how the blade plays, how it feels, how your hand interacts with the handle and feels the ball on contact, then I would seriously question what the actual purpose of the modifications are.

In my opinion, the aesthetics of a blade are a trivial matter next to how the blade feels and responds during play.

I think i agree with everything you say, including the part where you mention the individuals choice.
    My hands are just about the only part of me that do not sweat.............so i seal the handle the same time i sal the blade surface.
    All good !

This user has no status.

TTD Member 36 66
    W
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 66 36

User Info Menu

Feb 2020
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    In my case, my hand does sweat and it soaks into the handles of some blades which causes it to stink over time and my hand to smell after playing. Having a somewhat sensitive sense of smell, this is an issue which I solve with the aforementioned oil finish. The oil finish itself would smell like fish for some days but that goes away once it completely cures.

The Following User Likes WingTT's Post:

UpSideDownCarl

says TT-CLOWN, old git

L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Quote Originally Posted by WingTT
    In my case, my hand does sweat and it soaks into the handles of some blades which causes it to stink over time and my hand to smell after playing. Having a somewhat sensitive sense of smell, this is an issue which I solve with the aforementioned oil finish. The oil finish itself would smell like fish for some days but that goes away once it completely cures.
    Ahh, may i suggest to add a couple of drops of Frankincense extract to the oil

says I don't boost. BrokenBall and Igorponger are pretty funny posters. hehe.

Established TTD Member 43 145
    says I don't boost. BrokenBall and Igorponger are pretty funny posters. hehe.

Established TTD Member 145 43
    Maybe, it is my opinion, but ZJK and the best chinese players uses a dirty handle viscaria . Jokes aside though, my blades though as good as they feel new, it takes one month to get that awesome feel of a blade that sticks to your hand. Once it absorbs sweat, becomes dirty, becomes more moist, the grip feels much better. Of course, I do not mean food or food oils, I mean natural oils and sweat from the hands. It may be placebo, but the grip always feels bettter once it is dirty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast