Alternative to boosted DHS Provincial Hurricane 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Hello. What will be similar in speed and rotation to the boosted DHS Provincial Hurricane 3 (39 ° -40 °) for the FH and the boosted DHS Provincial Hurricane 3 (37 °) for the BH, but without the need to boost?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Maybe 729 Battle 2 provincial, Dianchi D, or Joola Golden tango ps for forehand (joola is more of a hybrid rubber).
For backhand, the Yasaka Hovering Dragon is a tacky hybrid rubber that has been popular in China, no need to boost. You could also consider all the other hybrid rubbers in the market, but keep in mind that most hybrid rubbers don't have a similar feeling to Hurricane 3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Maybe 729 Battle 2 provincial, Dianchi D, or Joola Golden tango ps for forehand (joola is more of a hybrid rubber).
For backhand, the Yasaka Hovering Dragon is a tacky hybrid rubber that has been popular in China, no need to boost. You could also consider all the other hybrid rubbers in the market, but keep in mind that most hybrid rubbers don't have a similar feeling to Hurricane 3.

Battle 2 for sure needs to be boosted to catch up to H3. Joola Golden Tango PS is way too soft to be an alternative to 40 Shore A rubber, the non PS version however might be ok. Xiom Vega China is very good. Joola Holden Tango PS is nice on BH though.

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
There are also the Loki Arthur Asia, Arthur Europe rubbers, hybrid rubbers. Theses are slightly tacky with ESN type sponge. Asia has harder sponge than the Europe version.
There is another Loki rubber, N80, which is a H3 type rubber but faster, tacky hard sponge, but could still need boosting. This is a really good H3 rival, quality is higher and it plays very well.
All 3 rubbers are capable of high spin levels.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
I almost forgot. Xiom Tau II is the best H3 national or provincial alternative.
Hey yogi_bear,

Did you test the Tibhar Hybrid K2 as well? It seems that Tibhar gets the speed with a sticky topsheet with a thin top sheet and a thicker sponge.

How did Xiom and the Tau 2 the extra speed? With the boosting or the same as K2?

Last question where is the difference to O7 Guan? Sadly the O7 isn't available in Germany...

I really like H3 boosted and Xiom so maybe I give it a try if we can play again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
There are also the Loki Arthur Asia, Arthur Europe rubbers, hybrid rubbers. Theses are slightly tacky with ESN type sponge. Asia has harder sponge than the Europe version.There is another Loki rubber, N80, which is a H3 type rubber but faster, tacky hard sponge, but could still need boosting. This is a really good H3 rival, quality is higher and it plays very well.All 3 rubbers are capable of high spin levels.

Hi. I'm used to playing with H3N 39-41 deg and 729 battle II Prov/Prov Gold, and I recently bought a couple of Loki rubbers. The Loki Arthur Asia and Loki N80.What I experienced was that the Arthur Asia wasn't at all as tacky and grippy as H3N, but the sponge is very hard. Too hard for me. And it's really heavy. The N80 is tackier than Arthur Asia, but not quite as tacky as H3N. The N80 gives a very low throw, so I had to adjust a bit. Very good spin and the top sheet is a bit softer, and that gives a really nice blocking feeling. Much easier to block hard hits. And it's a bit slower than my H3N rubbers...

Last edited:
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Hi. I'm used to playing with H3N 39-41 deg and 729 battle II Prov/Prov Gold, and I recently bought a couple of Loki rubbers. The Loki Arthur Asia and Loki N80.What I experienced was that the Arthur Asia wasn't at all as tacky and grippy as H3N, but the sponge is very hard. Too hard for me. And it's really heavy. The N80 is tackier than Arthur Asia, but not quite as tacky as H3N. The N80 gives a very low throw, so I had to adjust a bit. Very good spin and the top sheet is a bit softer, and that gives a really nice blocking feeling. Much easier to block hard hits. And it's a bit slower than my H3N rubbers...

Hi been a while since I used the Loki rubbers!!
The N80 is closest to H3N, and I felt that for the price, a sheet of N80 had better quality than a std sheet of H3N, and better quality than a provincial sheet of H3N at less than 1/2 the price!! It’s a very good alternative to H3 or H3N.
As far as speed is concerned I found it a little faster than H3N, but this could be down to the blade I used, compared to the one I used for H3N.
The Arthur series uses sponges that in appearance, are very similar to those used by Xiom, black cake sponges. The Arthur Europe (AE) is softer than the Asia version, so may be more to your liking, I also tried the Arthur Europe Diamond, which I think had the same sponge as AE, but has a completely non tacky top sheet.

As far as the N80 is concerned, would you be happy to use it instead of / as well as H3N? 😀

Reactions: thomas.pong