says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I'll let others answer as I have not tried H8, but I found this review to be excellent if you haven't read it yet:

https://blog.tabletennis11.com/dhs-hurricane-8-table-tennis-rubbers-review-39-degree-40-degree

PS: Do you use G-1/MX-P on your FH or BH?

The review is very good, at the bottom of the review there’s a link to his review of the various H3 varieties, std, Provincial, National, H3-60 etc
just looking at his scores for H3N provincial compared to unboosted H8, he scores H8 hard, better by 0.5!! (If my maths is correct!!).
H8 is forgotten by many and not in ‘vogue’, Skyline 3 suffers the same lack of attention.
Both of these rubbers are excellent!!
If you like tacky Chinese rubbers, then they are definitely worth trying.
The ‘unique arc’ he mentions when looping with H8 is so true!! When I tried H8, it was my first go with a Chinese tacky rubber, I was still rusty, as I had only started playing again about 3 months before, training partners had difficulty in dealing with my FH loops, the low trajectory combined with the fast dip and kick after the bounce causes issues!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Hi been a while since I used the Loki rubbers!!
The N80 is closest to H3N, and I felt that for the price, a sheet of N80 had better quality than a std sheet of H3N, and better quality than a provincial sheet of H3N at less than 1/2 the price!! It’s a very good alternative to H3 or H3N.
As far as speed is concerned I found it a little faster than H3N, but this could be down to the blade I used, compared to the one I used for H3N.
The Arthur series uses sponges that in appearance, are very similar to those used by Xiom, black cake sponges. The Arthur Europe (AE) is softer than the Asia version, so may be more to your liking, I also tried the Arthur Europe Diamond, which I think had the same sponge as AE, but has a completely non tacky top sheet.

As far as the N80 is concerned, would you be happy to use it instead of / as well as H3N? 😀

Hi. Yes it feels lite the top sheet of N80 is really good quality. It stays the same after several sessions/cleanings. Perhaps I got a slow one :) . I actually compared it with a Yinhe Big Dipper 38deg the other day, on the same blade. The N80 is a bit softer and I feel that the BD gives me a tiny bit more kick when looping. The speed is about the same. I always considered the BD to be a bit like a controlled H3N with a bit lower speed and spin.

I've ordered the Xiom Tau II, but haven't received it yet. Perhaps I will be disappointed as I didn't like the Arthur Asia sponge...?

The N80 is more like the H3N 39deg in speed for me, so it's a bit of a downgrade for me compared to the H3N 41deg on my forehand. But I haven't used it for more than 5-6 sessions yet, so there might be other areas where the N80 is better than the H3N, that I haven't discovered yet. I like a bit softer rubbers for my backhand so I have tried it there as well, but due to my poor backhand technique a rubber like Andro Hexer Grip SFX fits me better, but the N80 grips the ball better, so the brushing part works much better with this one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Is hurricane 8 not living up to it's hybrid promise?
I've personally left it alone because of the lack of interest but it would be interesting to hear from one of you guys?

I feel that the H8 is quite similar to the H3N, but the sponge is perhaps a bit more bouncy, but the H3N gives a bit more kick in the looping game. I've ordered a new H8 2.15mm 40deg, and will give it a try as soon I get it, as it been some years since the last time I had a H8 on my blade. At that time I used an old Stiga Allround blade and a 720 V6 blade and these are a bit slower than the Yinhe V-14 PRO, I'm mainly using now.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Hi. Yes it feels lite the top sheet of N80 is really good quality. It stays the same after several sessions/cleanings. Perhaps I got a slow one :) . I actually compared it with a Yinhe Big Dipper 38deg the other day, on the same blade. The N80 is a bit softer and I feel that the BD gives me a tiny bit more kick when looping. The speed is about the same. I always considered the BD to be a bit like a controlled H3N with a bit lower speed and spin.

I've ordered the Xiom Tau II, but haven't received it yet. Perhaps I will be disappointed as I didn't like the Arthur Asia sponge...?

The N80 is more like the H3N 39deg in speed for me, so it's a bit of a downgrade for me compared to the H3N 41deg on my forehand. But I haven't used it for more than 5-6 sessions yet, so there might be other areas where the N80 is better than the H3N, that I haven't discovered yet. I like a bit softer rubbers for my backhand so I have tried it there as well, but due to my poor backhand technique a rubber like Andro Hexer Grip SFX fits me better, but the N80 grips the ball better, so the brushing part works much better with this one.

I didn’t mind the Arthur Asia sponge, I’ll be interested to see how you like the Tau II 😁, been thinking of trying it myself!! It’s in the Aliexpress basket waiting!!! Is that where you ordered it?

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I didn’t mind the Arthur Asia sponge, I’ll be interested to see how you like the Tau II 😁, been thinking of trying it myself!! It’s in the Aliexpress basket waiting!!! Is that where you ordered it?

Yes. I'm looking forward to try Tau II 😁. Yes. I ordered it att playa pingpong store (Aliexpress). I think The Arthur Asia was a bit numb/dead, bur perhaps the sponge wasn't right just for me.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Any comparison between Xiom Tau II and Tibhar Hybrid K2 against boosted DHS Provincial Hurricane 3 NEO?

Only recently got the K2, and can compare it with a 5 months old H3...

K2 sponge is similar, maybe a hair harder than boosted H3, but hard to tell without measurements. Topsheet is slightly harder/tighter than H3. Less tacky (when new). Out of the box is slower than boosted H3 and less "bite". Needs a more direct stroke than H3. A bit of booster and speed should be similar/slightly faster.

Compared to K1 Plus, K2 is more Chinese than hybrid.

Last edited:
Reactions: latej