Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. Vamireh is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 20
    V
    Vamireh is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 20 2

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2018
    Afghanistan
    20
    2
    97
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    Alternative to boosted DHS Provincial Hurricane 3

    Hello. What will be similar in speed and rotation to the boosted DHS Provincial Hurricane 3 (39 ° -40 °) for the FH and the boosted DHS Provincial Hurricane 3 (37 °) for the BH, but without the need to boost?

  2. Jimbob MacInbred is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 323 310
    Jimbob MacInbred's Avatar
    Jimbob MacInbred is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 310 323
    #2
    You could try the Xiom Vega China. It is only semi-tacky, but still needs a protective layer. It is spinny as hell, pretty hard (similar to H3) and in unboosted condition faster than H3. I like it a lot on a Joola TPE...

  3. sampletext is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 29 168
    S
    sampletext is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 168 29
    #3
    Maybe 729 Battle 2 provincial, Dianchi D, or Joola Golden tango ps for forehand (joola is more of a hybrid rubber).
    For backhand, the Yasaka Hovering Dragon is a tacky hybrid rubber that has been popular in China, no need to boost. You could also consider all the other hybrid rubbers in the market, but keep in mind that most hybrid rubbers don't have a similar feeling to Hurricane 3.

  4. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 542 1,248
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,248 542
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sampletext
    Maybe 729 Battle 2 provincial, Dianchi D, or Joola Golden tango ps for forehand (joola is more of a hybrid rubber).
    For backhand, the Yasaka Hovering Dragon is a tacky hybrid rubber that has been popular in China, no need to boost. You could also consider all the other hybrid rubbers in the market, but keep in mind that most hybrid rubbers don't have a similar feeling to Hurricane 3.
    Battle 2 for sure needs to be boosted to catch up to H3. Joola Golden Tango PS is way too soft to be an alternative to 40 Shore A rubber, the non PS version however might be ok. Xiom Vega China is very good. Joola Holden Tango PS is nice on BH though.
    Last edited by Kuba Hajto; 12-22-2020 at 10:28 PM.

  5. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,606 5,494
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,494 2,606
    #5
    Vega China or Omega 7 China Guang.

  6. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,606 5,494
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,494 2,606
    #6
    I almost forgot. Xiom Tau II is the best H3 national or provincial alternative.

  7. tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 10 109
    T
    tt_beginner is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 109 10

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2020
    Aaland
    109
    10
    219
    Read 0 Reviews
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    I almost forgot. Xiom Tau II is the best H3 national or provincial alternative.
    I actually tried the B2 prov and H3 prov , then finally settled on Tau 2

    yeah the T2 is like a super boosted version of the H3 lol

  8. Konrad Bak is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 212 1,002
    K
    Konrad Bak is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,002 212

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2016
    Poland
    1,002
    212
    1534
    Read 2 Reviews
    #8
    Xiom Tau bought for 5$ is the best solution

  9. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 334 624
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 624 334
    #9
    There are also the Loki Arthur Asia, Arthur Europe rubbers, hybrid rubbers. Theses are slightly tacky with ESN type sponge. Asia has harder sponge than the Europe version.
    There is another Loki rubber, N80, which is a H3 type rubber but faster, tacky hard sponge, but could still need boosting. This is a really good H3 rival, quality is higher and it plays very well.
    All 3 rubbers are capable of high spin levels.

  10. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 741 1,575
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,575 741
    #10
    Dignics 09C

  11. The Pong Professor is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 31 179
    The Pong Professor's Avatar
    The Pong Professor is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 179 31

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2014
    United States
    179
    31
    311
    Read 0 Reviews
    #11
    Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue

  12. coco2769 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 2
    C
    coco2769 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 1

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2017
    France
    2
    1
    74
    Read 0 Reviews
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad Bak
    Xiom Tau bought for 5$ is the best solution
    Where ? ☺️

    The Following User Likes coco2769's Post:

    MK73


  13. Torbspin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 21
    T
    Torbspin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 21 0

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2019
    Germany
    21
    0
    98
    Read 0 Reviews
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    I almost forgot. Xiom Tau II is the best H3 national or provincial alternative.
    Hey yogi_bear,

    Did you test the Tibhar Hybrid K2 as well? It seems that Tibhar gets the speed with a sticky topsheet with a thin top sheet and a thicker sponge.

    How did Xiom and the Tau 2 the extra speed? With the boosting or the same as K2?

    Last question where is the difference to O7 Guan? Sadly the O7 isn't available in Germany...

    I really like H3 boosted and Xiom so maybe I give it a try if we can play again.

  14. alas26 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 74 214
    A
    alas26 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 214 74
    #14
    Skyline 3-60 on backhand? It won’t have the top end potential of your boosted H3 37 though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 42 109
    M
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 109 42
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    There are also the Loki Arthur Asia, Arthur Europe rubbers, hybrid rubbers. Theses are slightly tacky with ESN type sponge. Asia has harder sponge than the Europe version.There is another Loki rubber, N80, which is a H3 type rubber but faster, tacky hard sponge, but could still need boosting. This is a really good H3 rival, quality is higher and it plays very well.All 3 rubbers are capable of high spin levels.

    Hi. I'm used to playing with H3N 39-41 deg and 729 battle II Prov/Prov Gold, and I recently bought a couple of Loki rubbers. The Loki Arthur Asia and Loki N80.What I experienced was that the Arthur Asia wasn't at all as tacky and grippy as H3N, but the sponge is very hard. Too hard for me. And it's really heavy. The N80 is tackier than Arthur Asia, but not quite as tacky as H3N. The N80 gives a very low throw, so I had to adjust a bit. Very good spin and the top sheet is a bit softer, and that gives a really nice blocking feeling. Much easier to block hard hits. And it's a bit slower than my H3N rubbers...

    The Following 2 Users Like mocker88's Post:

    IB66 and thomas.pong

    Last edited by mocker88; 03-04-2021 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Forgot a thing

  16. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 334 624
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 624 334
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88

    Hi. I'm used to playing with H3N 39-41 deg and 729 battle II Prov/Prov Gold, and I recently bought a couple of Loki rubbers. The Loki Arthur Asia and Loki N80.What I experienced was that the Arthur Asia wasn't at all as tacky and grippy as H3N, but the sponge is very hard. Too hard for me. And it's really heavy. The N80 is tackier than Arthur Asia, but not quite as tacky as H3N. The N80 gives a very low throw, so I had to adjust a bit. Very good spin and the top sheet is a bit softer, and that gives a really nice blocking feeling. Much easier to block hard hits. And it's a bit slower than my H3N rubbers...

    Hi been a while since I used the Loki rubbers!!
    The N80 is closest to H3N, and I felt that for the price, a sheet of N80 had better quality than a std sheet of H3N, and better quality than a provincial sheet of H3N at less than 1/2 the price!! It’s a very good alternative to H3 or H3N.
    As far as speed is concerned I found it a little faster than H3N, but this could be down to the blade I used, compared to the one I used for H3N.
    The Arthur series uses sponges that in appearance, are very similar to those used by Xiom, black cake sponges. The Arthur Europe (AE) is softer than the Asia version, so may be more to your liking, I also tried the Arthur Europe Diamond, which I think had the same sponge as AE, but has a completely non tacky top sheet.

    As far as the N80 is concerned, would you be happy to use it instead of / as well as H3N? 😀

    The Following User Likes IB66's Post:

    thomas.pong


  17. GrayGhost is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 3 8
    G
    GrayGhost is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 3

    User Info Menu

    #17
    Just replaced my H3N on my FH for Rakza Z. Similar tackiness but much faster. My H3N was not boosted though.

  18. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,759 10,494
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,494 10,759

    User Info Menu

    #18
    Our friend Sergey Tsos - Scoobie Doo SO KNOWS the answer to this one...

    Now if he would only join up and start posting... he has a lot to contribute.
    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  19. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,606 5,494
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,494 2,606
    #19
    Xiom Tau 2. No need to boost.
    ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor at your service!

  20. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 741 1,575
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,575 741
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayGhost
    Just replaced my H3N on my FH for Rakza Z. Similar tackiness but much faster. My H3N was not boosted though.
    Rakza Z is a good rubber, but only slightly tacky, so nowhere near H3 or H3N.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.