Advice on backhand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I was playing with a bluefire m2 and I felt it was very soft so I switched to a vega x but now I feel I am just playing with the rubber and not the blade just feel the ball bouncing out of the paddle I really liked playing with a rakza x but I dont know if its the right decision, because I dont want to expend a ton of money and regret :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I was playing with a bluefire m2 and I felt it was very soft so I switched to a vega x but now I feel I am just playing with the rubber and not the blade just feel the ball bouncing out of the paddle I really liked playing with a rakza x but I dont know if its the right decision, because I dont want to expend a ton of money and regret :(

Hi, if you liked the behaviour of M2 you could try M1. Donic states that has the same topsheet with long and narrow pimples, and the same open pored sponge with only difference the hardness. The M2 has 45 degrees while M1 has 47,5. That could solve your soft feeling problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
im using Vega Japan for BH, it is pretty good, relatively cheap,spinny as well, my BH serve is hard to return according to my opponents and I'm new to tt lol

Reactions: thomas.pong
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

I can tell you this. AFTER the WORLD'S LARGEST EJ (TTD member erm) had me try out almost every rubber on the planet, I discovered that even a soft rubber gave me a little higher landing percentage and I could still absolutely BANG IT when close to the table.

One does not need a rock hard missile launcher to launch missiles and still have them land on target.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Did switch the rubber at the same time as the blade?

PS: I really like Donic Bluefire for how easy they are to use. Closest one to it might actually be Palio AK47. Bluefires I used had weird matte topsheet. They were spin insensitive but they could provide decent amount of spin and speed. If that does match your feeling of bluefires you know (one I used were kind of old and maybe they were just oxidized a bit) then a harder bluefire might be your best bet.

Last edited: