Playing against Power Looper

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tactically, you made the right KIND of adjustments. Finding the middle is a skill and sometimes difficult. Discovering what a strong opponent has low percentage and let them make the mistakes can take a while, you discovered though. Sometimes you just have to be confident and aggressive with your chances - that can carry you far sometimes. Not everyone can impose their will on an opponent.

TT can be said to be a game of adjustments.

Reactions: pingpongpaddy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I just watched half the game but I feel you could try some of this:

Get the first opening and attack more yourself. Like you say he can not play block so well. And be more aggressive. You seem to be good at attacking but looks like you are almost laying in the sofa half sleeping. A little faster feet and more alert would be good.

Play more to his backhand. Seems to have much better forehand.

Play more to the pocket. Since he do not work around much and you play towards backhand and forehand he really do not need to move.

Vary tempo and placement. Opponents often seem to have really good quality of the shots when they get to much the same pace and placement so they do not need to adjust or move the feet.

Work more on serve return. By doing so you can attack first. Have a hard time seeing him beating you if you get to loop first.

Mental part? Do not know about this part but sounds like you raise him to the skies. I feel like you are not a worse player than him. Having a lot of spin and power in the loop is just one part of the game.

I like that you go through the e game. Very good attitude. As a youth coach for 10+ years I have learned that the single most important thing to become better is the attitude and interest in the sport. Without a doubt. Good luck with your tabletennis!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I just watched half the game but I feel you could try some of this:

Get the first opening and attack more yourself. Like you say he can not play block so well. And be more aggressive. You seem to be good at attacking but looks like you are almost laying in the sofa half sleeping. A little faster feet and more alert would be good.

Play more to his backhand. Seems to have much better forehand.

Play more to the pocket. Since he do not work around much and you play towards backhand and forehand he really do not need to move.

Vary tempo and placement. Opponents often seem to have really good quality of the shots when they get to much the same pace and placement so they do not need to adjust or move the feet.

Work more on serve return. By doing so you can attack first. Have a hard time seeing him beating you if you get to loop first.

Mental part? Do not know about this part but sounds like you raise him to the skies. I feel like you are not a worse player than him. Having a lot of spin and power in the loop is just one part of the game.

I like that you go through the e game. Very good attitude. As a youth coach for 10+ years I have learned that the single most important thing to become better is the attitude and interest in the sport. Without a doubt. Good luck with your tabletennis!

Thanks for the tips. If you watch the rest of the video, you will see that I did exactly everything that you suggested :)

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Most of Players like your opponent tries to serve with sidespin or nospin. They do it because when amateur do not know how to attack these serves the 3rd Ball is long and They have plenty of time to prepare for attack. Those serves are quite easy to flick and if you do it then They are in trouble especially when their footwork is weak.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Most of Players like your opponent tries to serve with sidespin or nospin. They do it because when amateur do not know how to attack these serves the 3rd Ball is long and They have plenty of time to prepare for attack. Those serves are quite easy to flick and if you do it then They are in trouble especially when their footwork is weak.

It may not be obvious from the video, but those serves can be very underspinny too, and there’s a lot of variation. I made some mistakes thinking some were more underspinny than they really were, but he can put whatever he wants on the ball.