Jiang Jiliang doing demo..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yes, it is short pimple rubber. He puts the weigth on the left leg very nice when smashing. I like that he seems to have so much fun.

Anyone Know What blade he use?

Thank you for sharing. Please share if you have more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes, it is short pimple rubber. He puts the weigth on the left leg very nice when smashing. I like that he seems to have so much fun.

Anyone Know What blade he use?

Thank you for sharing. Please share if you have more.

Victas Koki Niwa wood.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Okey, thanks. Any comments about it? Have you tried it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Okey, thanks. Any comments about it? Have you tried it?

Not like you to derail a technique post into EJ discussion haha.

But yes, tried it when I thought about switching to shakehand. OK blade, nice and crisp, good feel, but not as stiff/reinforced as I like.

Good for inverted players. But for short pips, I don't think it offers much over the Clipper, Samsonov, Timber 7's...all of which are cheaper (and stiffer).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Haha yeah but still. It is jiang jialiang. So cool to see that he still plays some and very interested to know what he use. Okey! Is he working for victas?

Not like you to derail a technique post into EJ discussion haha.

But yes, tried it when I thought about switching to shakehand. OK blade, nice and crisp, good feel, but not as stiff/reinforced as I like.

Good for inverted players. But for short pips, I don't think it offers much over the Clipper, Samsonov, Timber 7's...all of which are cheaper (and stiffer).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Haha yeah but still. It is jiang jialiang. So cool to see that he still plays some and very interested to know what he use. Okey! Is he working for victas?

Not sure if it was just for the Victas video...

Chinese forums say he used to use a Shunfeng blade when he was competing. Similar to old basswood DHS 08 blades but 6 plies.

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
So thin? How come?

Hi Lula,

I can't begin to think the way he does. But as a former world champion, I'm sure he had his reasons.

38mm celluloid, softer ball, don't need too much sponge to spin I guess.

The thinnest pips I've tried is 1.8mm. Feels crisper, more direct. When smashing, they all bottom out the same, so top end speed is no different from max.