Back to Forum
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. TableTennisDaily is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!
     
    Administrator 6,458 4,050
    TableTennisDaily's Avatar
    TableTennisDaily is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!
     
    Administrator 4,050 6,458

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2010
    England
    4,050
    6,458
    22593
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    TTD Team KNOCKOUT Tournament 2020

    Here we go, we have a new exciting TableTennisDaily event for you! The Annual TTD TEAM knockout event. A massive singles tournament to find out who will be crowned the TTD Team Champion of 2020! The whole team is playing, who do you think will win?

    All the best to 2021 guys

    The Following 15 Users Like TableTennisDaily's Post:

    Der_Echte, Giangt and 13 others

    Out Now: TableTennisDaily.com 2.0

  2. LordPippington is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 213 303
    L
    LordPippington is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 303 213

    User Info Menu


    May 2016
    United States
    303
    213
    792
    Read 0 Reviews
    #2
    Without watching it yet, my money is on the team's actual best... the Chairman!

    The Following User Likes LordPippington's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl


  3. ttfunfan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 47 73
    ttfunfan's Avatar
    ttfunfan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 73 47

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2018
    73
    47
    228
    Read 0 Reviews
    #3
    The chairman is better than I expected !!

    The Following User Likes ttfunfan's Post:

    JMC


  4. Tinykin is offline
    says , "the older I get, the craftier I become"
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,085 1,322
    Tinykin's Avatar
    Tinykin is offline
    says , "the older I get, the craftier I become"
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,322 1,085
    #4
    Well done to all the players. It's a pity that the juniors could not be there, but such is life in 2020.

    The Following User Likes Tinykin's Post:

    IB66

    My table tennis club in Bristol, England
    http://bristol-cssc-tabletennis.weebly.com/

  5. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 469 892
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 892 469
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykin
    Well done to all the players. It's a pity that the juniors could not be there, but such is life in 2020.
    Good call !!!
    we could’ve seen a different champ!!

  6. chintanmashroo is offline
    says ModiG banned PubG
     
    Senior TTD Member 193 707
    chintanmashroo's Avatar
    chintanmashroo is offline
    says ModiG banned PubG
     
    Senior TTD Member 707 193
    #6
    Congratulations Metafrog


    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

  7. KM1976 is offline
    says Focusing on Optimum Mechanics
     
    Advanced TTD Member 133 267
    KM1976's Avatar
    KM1976 is offline
    says Focusing on Optimum Mechanics
     
    Advanced TTD Member 267 133
    #7
    @Dan - Chairman played really well. Convey my regards to him. I loved the way Tom played as it shows that in pressure situations where the stakes are high, consistency always matters the most and gets you where you want. Congratulations Tom, you showed your skills and cool temperament at the right moment. You deserved the TTD cup. Congratulations to everyone else on the TTD team as well, Pocket Rocket, Jaffar, Ringer and above all Dan who brought us this wonderful tournament to view. Guys you all are awesome!!

    The Following User Likes KM1976's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl

    Most of the times practice, patience and an observant mind answers all your questions

  8. Der_Echte is online now
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,038 10,825
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is online now
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,825 11,038

    User Info Menu

    #8
    KM, I think consistency is a good thing, generally higher level players are more consistent... the better ones do so under pressure.

    I will add one thing

    At the level of this crowd, consistency does not spell dog crap unless there is also shot quality and adjustments to go along with consistency. If the opponent is not troubled or put under pressure with those consistent like shots, consistent player gunna be taking a seat and watching the rest of the action after the match.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

    The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

    cytivrat and yoass

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  9. KM1976 is offline
    says Focusing on Optimum Mechanics
     
    Advanced TTD Member 133 267
    KM1976's Avatar
    KM1976 is offline
    says Focusing on Optimum Mechanics
     
    Advanced TTD Member 267 133
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    KM, I think consistency is a good thing, generally higher level players are more consistent... the better ones do so under pressure.

    I will add one thing

    At the level of this crowd, consistency does not spell dog crap unless there is also shot quality and adjustments to go along with consistency. If the opponent is not troubled or put under pressure with those consistent like shots, consistent player gunna be taking a seat and watching the rest of the action after the match.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Der_Echte, it seems we both have different understanding of the game. For me, consistency means that whatever Tom did, he was able to do it consistently without making unforced errors be it playing safe or be it putting pressure at the right moment. You are entitled for your views and I respect that. So No further Comments from my end.
    Last edited by KM1976; 12-28-2020 at 04:28 PM.
    Most of the times practice, patience and an observant mind answers all your questions

  10. Der_Echte is online now
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,038 10,825
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is online now
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,825 11,038

    User Info Menu

    #10
    OK. Sry I may have offended. If I do offend, I will not be offended if your response is strong. If I am wrong I am wrong.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  11. UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,933 14,364
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 14,364 15,933
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    KM, I think consistency is a good thing, generally higher level players are more consistent... the better ones do so under pressure.

    I will add one thing

    At the level of this crowd, consistency does not spell dog crap unless there is also shot quality and adjustments to go along with consistency. If the opponent is not troubled or put under pressure with those consistent like shots, consistent player gunna be taking a seat and watching the rest of the action after the match.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by KM1976
    @Dan - Chairman played really well. Convey my regards to him. I loved the way Tom played as it shows that in pressure situations where the stakes are high, consistency always matters the most and gets you where you want. Congratulations Tom, you showed your skills and cool temperament at the right moment. You deserved the TTD cup. Congratulations to everyone else on the TTD team as well, Pocket Rocket, Jaffar, Ringer and above all Dan who brought us this wonderful tournament to view. Guys you all are awesome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KM1976
    Der_Echte, it seems we both have different understanding of the game. For me, consistency means that whatever Tom did, he was able to do it consistently without making unforced errors be it playing safe or be it putting pressure at the right moment. You are entitled for your views and I respect that. So No further Comments from my end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    OK. Sry I may have offended. If I do offend, I will not be offended if your response is strong. If I am wrong I am wrong.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Der's point might have a place somewhere. Just not in the context of the post KM made.

    But, perhaps, part of what Der was hinting at was that he did not want to downplay the evil, powerful and lethal sides of Tom's consistent play.

    So, consistently lethal.

    The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

    KM1976

    Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 12-28-2020 at 08:38 PM.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  12. KM1976 is offline
    says Focusing on Optimum Mechanics
     
    Advanced TTD Member 133 267
    KM1976's Avatar
    KM1976 is offline
    says Focusing on Optimum Mechanics
     
    Advanced TTD Member 267 133
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    OK. Sry I may have offended. If I do offend, I will not be offended if your response is strong. If I am wrong I am wrong.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    No offense taken Sir. All good. Definitely, you have more game experience than me whereas I am just trying to connect the dots till date. I have learned so much from your past posts that I should always be thankful to you. So, all good here and no need for an apology either.

    The Following User Likes KM1976's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl

    Most of the times practice, patience and an observant mind answers all your questions

  13. KM1976 is offline
    says Focusing on Optimum Mechanics
     
    Advanced TTD Member 133 267
    KM1976's Avatar
    KM1976 is offline
    says Focusing on Optimum Mechanics
     
    Advanced TTD Member 267 133
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    Der's point might have a place somewhere. Just not in the context of the post KM made.

    But, perhaps, part of what Der was hinting at was that he did not want to downplay the evil, powerful and lethal sides of Tom's consistent play.

    So, consistently lethal.
    Thanks Carl, yes, you have put my thoughts into right words here. Consistently lethal. It is a tournament which I felt that should have been experienced in person. What an atmosphere with friends and what a competition. Simply Amazing!

    The Following 2 Users Like KM1976's Post:

    ttfunfan and UpSideDownCarl

    Most of the times practice, patience and an observant mind answers all your questions

  14. Der_Echte is online now
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,038 10,825
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is online now
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,825 11,038

    User Info Menu

    #14
    Prolly a semantics thing and even native speakers miss those a lot... and KM is not a native speaker, but if that fact not known by most people, they would never know that on their own. I think that is one indicator of a high level.

    Carl trying to do mission damage control. Don't worry, if I stepped in a big pile of dog crap, my boots should get full of it.

    The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl and yoass

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.