TTD Team KNOCKOUT Tournament 2020

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Here we go, we have a new exciting TableTennisDaily event for you! The Annual TTD TEAM knockout event. A massive singles tournament to find out who will be crowned the TTD Team Champion of 2020! The whole team is playing, who do you think will win?

All the best to 2021 guys:)

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
@Dan - Chairman played really well. Convey my regards to him. I loved the way Tom played as it shows that in pressure situations where the stakes are high, consistency always matters the most and gets you where you want. Congratulations Tom, you showed your skills and cool temperament at the right moment. You deserved the TTD cup. Congratulations to everyone else on the TTD team as well, Pocket Rocket, Jaffar, Ringer and above all Dan who brought us this wonderful tournament to view. Guys you all are awesome!!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
KM, I think consistency is a good thing, generally higher level players are more consistent... the better ones do so under pressure.

I will add one thing

At the level of this crowd, consistency does not spell dog crap unless there is also shot quality and adjustments to go along with consistency. If the opponent is not troubled or put under pressure with those consistent like shots, consistent player gunna be taking a seat and watching the rest of the action after the match.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: yoass and cytivrat
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
KM, I think consistency is a good thing, generally higher level players are more consistent... the better ones do so under pressure.

I will add one thing

At the level of this crowd, consistency does not spell dog crap unless there is also shot quality and adjustments to go along with consistency. If the opponent is not troubled or put under pressure with those consistent like shots, consistent player gunna be taking a seat and watching the rest of the action after the match.

Der_Echte, it seems we both have different understanding of the game. For me, consistency means that whatever Tom did, he was able to do it consistently without making unforced errors be it playing safe or be it putting pressure at the right moment. You are entitled for your views and I respect that. So No further Comments from my end.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I will add one thing

@Dan - Chairman played really well. Convey my regards to him. I loved the way Tom played as it shows that in pressure situations where the stakes are high, consistency always matters the most and gets you where you want. Congratulations Tom, you showed your skills and cool temperament at the right moment. You deserved the TTD cup. Congratulations to everyone else on the TTD team as well, Pocket Rocket, Jaffar, Ringer and above all Dan who brought us this wonderful tournament to view. Guys you all are awesome!!

Der_Echte, it seems we both have different understanding of the game. For me, consistency means that whatever Tom did, he was able to do it consistently without making unforced errors be it playing safe or be it putting pressure at the right moment. You are entitled for your views and I respect that. So No further Comments from my end.

OK. Sry I may have offended. If I do offend, I will not be offended if your response is strong. If I am wrong I am wrong.

Der's point might have a place somewhere. Just not in the context of the post KM made. :)

But, perhaps, part of what Der was hinting at was that he did not want to downplay the evil, powerful and lethal sides of Tom's consistent play.

So, consistently lethal. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KM1976
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
OK. Sry I may have offended. If I do offend, I will not be offended if your response is strong. If I am wrong I am wrong.

No offense taken Sir. All good. Definitely, you have more game experience than me whereas I am just trying to connect the dots till date. I have learned so much from your past posts that I should always be thankful to you. So, all good here and no need for an apology either.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Der's point might have a place somewhere. Just not in the context of the post KM made. :)

But, perhaps, part of what Der was hinting at was that he did not want to downplay the evil, powerful and lethal sides of Tom's consistent play.

So, consistently lethal. :)

Thanks Carl, yes, you have put my thoughts into right words here. Consistently lethal. It is a tournament which I felt that should have been experienced in person. What an atmosphere with friends and what a competition. Simply Amazing!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Prolly a semantics thing and even native speakers miss those a lot... and KM is not a native speaker, but if that fact not known by most people, they would never know that on their own. I think that is one indicator of a high level.

Carl trying to do mission damage control. Don't worry, if I stepped in a big pile of dog crap, my boots should get full of it.