Me playing and loosing sindrome

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Here are some videos of me playing in a tournament, and also I think I have a sort of loosing sindrome because I was playing against a very good player the first one in red and I remember I loosed o him 11-9 and another set very close but playing against the child he beat easily I lost I dont know how, and Ihavent won any match in 5 months of playing tournament, my current win loss is 0/18, not counting the other website tournaments, which I havent won any also.
Some parts maybe a weird because my sister was recording for me, and there is a match against a long pip which was very cool missing because it is in her phone and she doesnt want to send me :mad:
And if there is anything you want to point out and say just say
https://youtu.be/uGMeeIKyS1I
https://youtu.be/P8bN2LMzd_0
https://youtu.be/wBV-6qb6v4E
https://youtu.be/NWZt756wqcE
https://youtu.be/rkCWNYnVshg

Reactions: Aurelian Mihai
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
It's ok man, you're tall like me, try to flex more your knees.

When receiving, keep a fair distance to the table(the head of your racket should slightly touch the table, you're way too close), try being active on receives : if you want to push, then push actively, hit a little bit the ball, otherwise the passive touch receive will be easy money for your opponent.

Also, when receiving, stay in your backhand corner, at a fair distance and don't keep your right foot in front(yours is way too forward), you won't be able to reach and hit correctly the balls on your forehand side, despite being tall.

When serving, try to use your wrist more, you seem to have good serve. And also don't stay so close after serving, try moving 1/2 step backwards and stay with your knees flexed, you'll be able to block & attack more easy - everytime your opponent was attacking you were on the table, easy work for him.

Shot selection: you're trying too much to do difficult shots such as backhand flicks. Try getting some control on your shots, so try using pushes more when receiving backspin balls while trying flicks on training games. For example I like pushing in the middle of the table, then I immediately charge my backhand loop (I am a penholder, though :))

As you can see, two aspects are common: distance from the table and footwork, you need to flex a little more your knees, try doing fake loops every day with your racket in your hand at home and you'll see a great improvement in your footwork and your overall technique. You're very young, you'll improve a lot.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
It’s hard and I don’t want to repeat myself again and again. :( But since you take effort to upload the video.

(1) Get a wood blade, forget your Fang Bo. (Carl is gonna say 5-ply, allround off— etc. I’m not that too optimised. But certainly wood). Peel the rubbers off all other blades so you simply can’t try them now and then. (I’m a lot older than you, a lot less temptation, and still I did the same with my Viscaria & Amultart when I restarted)

(2) When you train with a real partner (that is, outside coaching sections), focus your training on the basic counter-drive, drive the ball at the peak, especially with people who are not very consistent. If they hit too hard, treat your counter drive as a quick block. They’ll love you blocking for them. If they are too weak and wristy, make consistent power (that is, not “super power” :cool:) You’ll learn how to continuously stay in focus and time the ball. (You know exactly where the ball peaks & how much power it carries when it varies. No balls are the same.). Without that, it’s just really difficult to execute any stroke.

That part, staying in continuous focus to time the ball, seems obvious but it isn’t.

Reactions: Aurelian Mihai
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
It’s hard and I don’t want to repeat myself again and again. :( But since you take effort to upload the video.

(1) Get a wood blade, forget your Fang Bo. (Carl is gonna say 5-ply, allround off— etc. I’m not that too optimised. But certainly wood). Peel the rubbers off all other blades so you simply can’t try them now and then. (I’m a lot older than you, a lot less temptation, and still I did the same with my Viscaria & Amultart when I restarted)

(2) When you train with a real partner (that is, outside coaching sections), focus your training on the basic counter-drive, drive the ball at the peak, especially with people who are not very consistent. If they hit too hard, treat your counter drive as a quick block. They’ll love you blocking for them. If they are too weak and wristy, make consistent power (that is, not “super power” :cool:) You’ll learn how to continuously stay in focus and time the ball. (You know exactly where the ball peaks & how much power it carries when it varies. No balls are the same.). Without that, it’s just really difficult to execute any stroke.

That part, staying in continuous focus to time the ball, seems obvious but it isn’t.
In which aspect of the video you think I need to get a all wood blade just curious

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020

I have an pg7 here that I am not using is it a good option or an 5 ply all wood?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Your stroke is quite passive. Watch carefully at your point of contact. All the power came from the wrist only. All the body and other joints movements are cancelled out the very last milisecond. The moments you just try to hit with a bit of energy, balls always go out. The bat has to let you feel confident to go full in your power, like “heck, this ball is so slow and high, I’m gonna bang it to hell”. Even when you block a short ball, it goes out :cool: Isn’t it way too fast.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You should not worry about whether you win or lose with these players. All three players in the videos have more experience. The little kid, in some ways, he is the best player in all the videos. The girl is older and more experienced. But the kid has more solid attacking shots from both wings. If that kid lost to your opponent in the first match, it was probably not the usual result. The girl just serves you off the table. Don't worry about that. At some point you will know how to return those serves.

Some positive things: you have a great attitude and don't seem to let it get to you when you make mistakes like missing a serve. Keep this. It is a great attribute.

You do come up with a few really nice shots. Several good BHs a few nice FHs.

What you need to work on:

This is really the main thing worth mentioning in my opinion. You need to learn to make spin contact and spin everything. Most of your contacts are fairly flat. On serves, on pushes and on attacking shots, you are not making true spin contact. As a result, your attacking shots are very low, and close to the net. Also as a result, if you are a little too high, your shots go long and if you are a little too low they clip the net or go into the net.

You need to learn to generate enough spin so that your ball can pass 10-50cm over the net and arc onto the other side. Watch the little kid. Notice how his ball is aimed a little up and it curves down to the table. You need to do that.

These next things are not so important but it is worth addressing them sooner rather than later.

1) You are tall. Your arm is long. Why do you spend so much time in the middle of the table taking the ball with your BH? Learn to cover 2/3 of the table with your FH. You will still be able to use your BH effectively. But you rarely get to use your FH because of how you position yourself.

2) a) Pretty much all of your serves are technically not legal. When you serve, the ball is supposed to be flat in your palm with your fingers spread and not touching your fingers. You are holding the ball with your fingers.

b) You are supposed to have a moment when the ball is completely still and you are presenting the ball to your opponent. Your hand never stops moving before you serve.

c) Sometimes, during your toss you drop your hand, and the ball below the table taking the ball out of the site of your opponent. This is also against the rules. You have to keep the ball higher than the playing surface.

d) You miss way too many serves. Missing more than 1 every 20-30 games is okay. Missing 4+ every game means you need to practice serving a lot until you miss fewer serves.

Those are all easy to fix. At your level, it does not really matter. But, as you get to higher levels, those things will start being used against you by your opponents (mind games) and will also start being called against you. None of them really matter in the large scope of things. But they will cause you some grief when someone starts calling you on them. So I would fix them now. Easy to fix.

c24797b3e4387a84e63be7ccf2a600c6.jpeg

That is Ma Long, set and paused before serving. Note, his forearm is resting on the table and his palm is behind the end line. This ensures 1) that the ball cannot go below the table, 2) that there is a pause where the ball is still, 3) that he is low before serving, and 4) that the ball stays behind the line before serving.

That may not be how you should do it since you are tall. But if you watch the opponent in the first video, he does this.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
In which aspect of the video you think I need to get a all wood blade just curious

He probably based this on sheer amount of unforced errors you made. I watched your match against young guy in blue shirt and neon green shoes, and I've counted like 5-6 lost points because of that.

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
If you have it there already. Why not try it first. Rather than wasting time looking around. It might be a little too fast, who knows. But it won’t be way too fast.
Again, in training, only focus on start swinging in when the ball bounces, meet it at its peak. You’ll learn the pace very fast. There is just no faster way really. Techniques come along.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
If you have it there already. Why not try it first. Rather than wasting time looking around. It might be a little too fast, who knows. But it won’t be way too fast.
Again, in training, only focus on start swinging in when the ball bounces, meet it at its peak. You’ll learn the pace very fast. There is just no faster way really. Techniques come along.

Just saying the top limba layer is alredy all weared off of how many rubber it has been glued with haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
How do I know if it is too fast I played with a viscaria and I could feel it is fast but how could I define too fast

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
2) a) Pretty much all of your serves are technically not legal. When you serve, the ball is supposed to be flat in your palm with your fingers spread and not touching your fingers. You are holding the ball with your fingers.

b) You are supposed to have a moment when the ball is completely still and you are presenting the ball to your opponent. Your hand never stops moving before you serve.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Some of this I agree with. I, unfortunately think that a blade that would be right for EyyT is a blade he would hate for quite a while. So, I am not going to say a blade.

The idea of consistency from counter hitting and driving might be useful at some point.

But, as I see it, EyyT's main issue, biggest issue, most important issue is that he does not spin the ball. Practicing flat hits probably won't get him to learn to make thin contact and spin the ball so he can arc it.

Maybe that stage is not where he is up to yet though. Because, the consistency would really help. And perhaps the consistency should come first and learning to spin should come later.

But then EyyT should understand that, until he learns to spin the ball, he should not really be worrying about why he loses to players who can spin the ball. :)

For working on consistency and drive shots, I am not sure he needs a different blade although a slower blade would still help. He might hate playing with it. So, for learning to drive consistently, I don't think he needs to change blades.

When he is ready to learn to spin, then he should use a slower blade. And, if he learns to spin, he will learn that, when you are spinning you are using the rubbers, NOT THE BLADE, and then you can make a slow blade appear to be very fast if you are really using the rubbers. Whereas, with a fast blade, it can sort of stop you from learning how to use the rubbers to spin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Also I dont know if it is a psycological thing or what but why do I loose very close to a good player but cant win a player that he beat easily...
And fun fact, most of the kids that I play with in this tournaments and others they are in the school tt team and by what I heard they train 3-5 hours every day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Some of this I agree with. I, unfortunately think that a blade that would be right for EyyT is a blade he would hate for quite a while. So, I am not going to say a blade.

The idea of consistency from counter hitting and driving might be useful at some point.

But, as I see it, EyyT's main issue, biggest issue, most important issue is that he does not spin the ball. Practicing flat hits probably won't get him to learn to make thin contact and spin the ball so he can arc it.

Maybe that stage is not where he is up to yet though. Because, the consistency would really help. And perhaps the consistency should come first and learning to spin should come later.

But then EyyT should understand that, until he learns to spin the ball, he should not really be worrying about why he loses to players who can spin the ball. :)

For working on consistency and drive shots, I am not sure he needs a different blade although a slower blade would help. He might hate playing with it.

When he is ready to learn to spin, then he should use a slower blade. And, if he learns to spin, he will learn that, when you are spinning you are using the rubbers, NOT THE BLADE, and then you can make a slow blade appear to be very fast if you are really using the rubbers. Whereas, with a fast blade, it sort of stops you from learning how to use the rubbers.
Yeah I know the difference between smashing and brushing the brush is a gummy felling and flat hitting is a impactful feeling and I try to go for the gummy felling every time, but the ball doesnt go up, I guess is my technique

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Yeah I know the difference between smashing and brushing the brush is a gummy felling and flat hitting is a impactful feeling and I try to go for the gummy felling every time, but the ball doesnt go up, I guess is my technique

Yogi_bear had a nice instructional video about learning to brush properly. Also you can try to brush the ball of the bottle without moving the bottle.