Me playing and loosing sindrome

Yeah I agree with the bending knee thing but I always forget during the match, and the weight transfer/upper body movement I am trying to work on it

Yes I know, these kids are quick, so you don’t get much time to get your act together. I’m talking from my own experience here. But by always thinking about this during practice it becomes second nature. I don’t know how your forehand really looks like but don’t forget the upper body movement, and like somebody else already pointed out try shortening youre movement. With improved footwork it comes automatically, they key to this is always bending your knees.

cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Hi. Nice movies :) You have a pretty fast ALC blade, Xiom Vega X (BH) and 729 Battle II Gold (FH)? Or is the Battle on backhand? I would say that you need more control, especially on your backhand. A bit slower rubber with a bit thinner sponge perhaps? But most of all, practice, practice and practice. And with a Battle II Gold, you could just brush loop that kid away. Then you'll be able to counter the flicks by moving your right foot backwards and return a deadly loop instead of that "afraid-of-the-ball" look at 3.39 1st movie.

Learn to keep the service short, low and spinny to make your opponent push too long, and then looooop.
Really practice hard on getting that brush feeling in your strokes.
Bend your knees, be active all the time, because if you do you're already half-way to your next position.
Practice ball placement. Get your opponent to move and lose his balance.
Accuracy is perhaps the most important thing of all. Leave nothing to chance. Keep your balance at all time.
The loosing thing has a lot to do about accuracy. Never miss services. Make good choices. Don't waste points. Work with your technique before you try many of your strokes in matches.

I could go on for centuries :) But it's a start, right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
Hi. Nice movies :) You have a pretty fast ALC blade, Xiom Vega X (BH) and 729 Battle II Gold (FH)? Or is the Battle on backhand? I would say that you need more control, especially on your backhand. A bit slower rubber with a bit thinner sponge perhaps? But most of all, practice, practice and practice. And with a Battle II Gold, you could just brush loop that kid away. Then you'll be able to counter the flicks by moving your right foot backwards and return a deadly loop instead of that "afraid-of-the-ball" look at 3.39 1st movie.

Learn to keep the service short, low and spinny to make your opponent push too long, and then looooop.
Really practice hard on getting that brush feeling in your strokes.
Bend your knees, be active all the time, because if you do you're already half-way to your next position.
Practice ball placement. Get your opponent to move and lose his balance.
Accuracy is perhaps the most important thing of all. Leave nothing to chance. Keep your balance at all time.
The loosing thing has a lot to do about accuracy. Never miss services. Make good choices. Don't waste points. Work with your technique before you try many of your strokes in matches.

I could go on for centuries :) But it's a start, right?
Thanks for pointing out